ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa got screwed....

lol. You guys got so many calls today, it was flipping ridiculous. I am surprised Iowa’s d line still had their jerseys after the game. Practically getting their jerseys ripped off every play.

oh well. Home cooking and we still won.

Of all fan bases, Iowa is the last who should be playing the holding card. Not just today or this season.

Nope but it sure looked like some good home cooked officials. Probably from Grand Island or Axtell...

Hahahaha ......... the amount of after the play shit alone by your team could’ve been called much earlier. Insecure as always.

The garbage blind side block on dismuke.. come on.. his hands were up and just shielded the guy.. broadcaster even said as much since his word is gold aparrently
Has anyone looked at the replay on McCaffreys' TD pas? Ineligible receiver downfield much? Just sayin'...

Of all fan bases, Iowa is the last who should be playing the holding card. Not just today or this season.

yeah, ok buddy. Amazing all the help you guys got today and still couldn’t win. It was criminal.

Anyway, enjoy your off season, which starts today.

Haha..... everything I said was true.

have fun watching the bowl season.
Douche to the extreme. Truth. You don’t know shit about the roster and turnover and the disaster frost inherited. You can say you do, but you don’t. And you are still a douche. I actually have a great amount of respect for your staff and team, your fan base is easily the biggest bunch of douche bags this side of boulder. While I am at it, go fvck yourself

Has anyone looked at the replay on McCaffreys' TD pas? Ineligible receiver downfield much? Just sayin'...
I honestly thought the refs were terrible all year in the big.. this game was no different. I do believe that it was a catch and it probably shouldnt have been reversed. Also football has turned into such a woosie sport anymore.. to protect players i get it but man.. not saying there wasnt missed calls on both sides today. Iowa won thts it..congrats

I honestly thought the refs were terrible all year in the big.. this game was no different. I do believe that it was a catch and it probably shouldnt have been reversed. Also football has turned into such a woosie sport anymore.. to protect players i get it but man.. not saying there wasnt missed calls on both sides today. Iowa won thts it..congrats
Thanks, and the only thing I will correct you on is the refs are terrible every year. I know, just restating the obvious.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Wow, you Hawkeye fans and some of you supposedly Husker fans(?) whine and cry even when you win the game.

Wow, you Hawkeye fans and some of you supposedly Husker fans(?) whine and cry even when you win the game.
Just calling it as I saw it on TV. Was pleased to get the call reversal but surprised. You can be a Husker fan and provide honest opinions. It’s not one or the other.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
enjoy that little run while it last. Huskers just had a 3-1 run with Bo Pelini and before that it was 6-2 run and I’m sure Husker fans weren’t living on Iowa boards thumping their chests where we? Oh and the Huskers own the head to head 29-18. Again...Huskers 29 to Iowa’s 18... ;)

Do you ever give up with this crap? I was thinking all day I would see a post about how we almost won and it is only in year two if a complete rebuild from the evil Darth Riley. It's not like this program had the death penalty. We didn't almost won, we lost, we didn't get almost four star players they are what they are, not almost what you want them to be.

Except the rules analyst on Fox said it was a catch. I think it was definitely a catch. I’m glad they didn’t call targeting though.[/QUOT]

Oh, the rules analyst said it was a catch. My 14 year old is smarter than the rules analyst, seriously. Look up the rules and get back with me.

No targeting. The prior catch was a catch though.

Nope. The ball moved when contacting the ground. You were mesmerized by the announcers inept take on the replay. It wasn’t a catch, and they were highlighting the wrong part of the replay. The booth got that one right, too.

Reactions: Lincoln100
Iowa literally had the same type of targeting get overturned in their favor last week. The only reason why they were so upset is because it happened against their team

Yep

If I gave a rats ass, I would go and pull up about 25 holding penalties on your offensive line. But I don’t. We won and you lost. Enjoy your off season.

oh yeah. Pass was a completion. It was targeting. It was a face mask. It was a horse collar etc...... home cooking and you still lost. Lol.

And Iowa was guilty of just as much holding. Darrion Daniels was held all day long. It wasn't called on either team.

You are right, Iowa won, Nebraska lost....Iowa made the plays when they had to and are the better team.

I thought the pass was a completion, surprised it was overturned. The targeting call being overturned was correct, IMO. (Iowa had the same kind of call go their way against Illinois last week).

And I LOVE the "home cooking", "refs were paid" type statements. I mean, c'mon, that's what you're going to resort to?

Iowa won their Super Bowl ;)

Time to move on.

100% not a catch. Not sure what replays you guys were watching but the Iowa receiver was clearly bobbling the ball as he came to the ground and rolled over, then he lost it completely.
After knee and elbow hit and the defender hit him next. It was a completion and the officials clearly did all they could to get you to a bowl.

On targeting no call and completed catch and still wins! Congratulations to a better coached team and players, they deserved it! Never seen I’m my 50 years on this earth, a more inept coach so googley eyed in loved with a NAIA QB, unwilling to change! Go Iowa, you’re better than us!
Epstein did not kill himself either.

All this enjoy the bowl season talk, I think I just might do that... I’ll tune in and watch Iowa get blasted just like they normally do in their bowl games... it really is quite pathetic to see how many of you retards have found your way to our board to brag about beating a team with a 5-7 record... we were a garbage team last year and the same this year, you barely got out of both games with the W... I’d say act like y’all have been there before... but I know your history, so please go on ahead continue thumping your chest for beating a team with a losing record and no bowl game... but I will enjoy watching you all resort back to “at least we beat Nebraska” after you get tossed around in your bowl game again this year

Yes Iowa got screwed.

And yes Iowa won. So who gives a s*** about the calls?!?!

If you guys whine this much when you win, I might have to check out your board the next time you lose.

After knee and elbow hit and the defender hit him next. It was a completion and the officials clearly did all they could to get you to a bowl.

Get outta here with the ref garbage.

We're there bad calls? Yes ...it's part of the game that goes both ways .

But don't use it as an excuse for Iowa playing undisciplined and like hot garbage for 3/4 of the game.

Players seemed a little too juiced for this game with all their antics (NU was too).

It was Iowa's super bowl after all ;)

On targeting no call and completed catch and still wins! Congratulations to a better coached team and players, they deserved it! Never seen I’m my 50 years on this earth, a more inept coach so googley eyed in loved with a NAIA QB, unwilling to change! Go Iowa, you’re better than us!

This from a highly regarded Nebraska fan on this board.

@huskerbaseball13

One thing I think we can all agree on: officiating in general is bad.....period!

I am a Hawk fan (obviously), but don’t harbor any ill will towards the Huskers. Used to root for you guys to beat Oklahoma back in your Big 8/Big 12 days.

One thing I think we can all agree on: officiating in general is bad.....period!

I am a Hawk fan (obviously), but don’t harbor any ill will towards the Huskers. Used to root for you guys to beat Oklahoma back in your Big 8/Big 12 days.
Meh....I never complain about officiating, it usually evens out. I don’t harbor and ill will towards Iowa football. Congrats on having the better team these past five seasons.

Thank you but corrected it for you.
Head to head results on the field matter or so I’ve been told by Iowa fans. 70s through 2014 Nebraska took 8 outta 10 from Iowa. Congrats on these past five seasons it’s all you got. Iowa fans have been fortunate to win the biggest game these past five seasons, I doubt the Iowa players are happy with the lack of national relevance though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT