ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Game

RedMyMind

Assistant Head Coach
Aug 22, 2017
I'm going to watch the Iowa game for the first time tonight. Wish me luck.

giphy.gif

Damn, Marcus Newby plays poor. Slow and unresponsive. Just jogs to the ball in the flat instead of closing the gap to to make a play. But no, the WR just goes straight upfield for a big gain after a whiff of an attempt.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerDana
Classy post Bugeater...not anyway to treat your guest. At least most Husker fans show some class.

Last edited:
Stolt was kicking their OLine's ass until he went down with the injury late in the 1st quarter. 2 TFL for sure, and another one was very close.

Stolt was kicking their OLine's ass until he went down with the injury late in the 1st quarter. 2 TFL for sure, and another one was very close.
And what does that mean? He wasn't the difference of 42 pts. And as long as we're on the what if train, one of your touchdowns was a plain gift after the muffed punt.

Last edited:
And what does that mean? He wasn't the difference of 42 pts. And as long as we're on the what if train, one of your touchdowns was a plain gift after the muffed punt.

Will let's see... You had 1 TD when he was in the game, and 7 when he wasn't. Yes, it would appear that losing him to injury did make a pretty big difference. It doesn't really matter, because our guys quit after that silly punt penalty. The Riley culture in all its splendor. Congratulations on the win.

Reactions: BigRedLegion
Will let's see... You had 1 TD when he was in the game, and 7 when he wasn't. Yes, it would appear that losing him to injury did make a pretty big difference. It doesn't really matter, because our guys quit after that silly punt penalty. The Riley culture in all its splendor. Congratulations on the win.
So the next coach is going to inherit a team of quitters? Good luck with that once a quitter always a quitter does your current group of coaches you're courting know about the lack of fortitude and toughness they are about to inherit?

Classy post Bugeater...not anyway to treat your guest. At least most Husker fans show some class.
NE fans on the whole are one of the best in the nation, but Bugeater is beyond laughable and is soooo easy to bait. He takes it every time (wait for it...).

So the next coach is going to inherit a team of quitters? Good luck with that once a quitter always a quitter does your current group of coaches you're courting know about the lack of fortitude and toughness they are about to inherit?
Frost will not allow that type of culture to exist at NU. There will be attrition when the entire team is pushed to be their best in every aspect and players start being held accountable again. I don't know what will happen with the W/L column but I do know quitting and being ok with losing are about become extinct at Nebraska.

Frost will not allow that type of culture to exist at NU. There will be attrition when the entire team is pushed to be their best in every aspect and players start being held accountable again. I don't know what will happen with the W/L column but I do know quitting and being ok with losing are about become extinct at Nebraska.
This. It’s obvious Iowa fans are not familiar with Frost and his physicality and work ethic.

Like you said, this may not translate into Ws, but I bet we’ll see some fired up and well-coached players.

You're really not this short-sighted, are you? One of your silliest comments since you've been coming here. Was your '99 team a group of quitters, destined to fail throughout their lives?? Of course not. When a team loses some games, it can tank pretty quickly. Especially when you have a coach like Riley that didn't instill any toughness in them to begin with. Take a look at some of Nebraska's game clips with Frost running the ball. He was tough as nails running the ball. And that is what he instills in his players.

Someone else mentioned this earlier... Unlike Chip Kelly's spread offense, Frost has implemented a lot of pulling linemen in his spread. It has a much tougher mentality than Kelly's version. Frost isn't going to bring a soft mentality to Lincoln.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT