ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Basketball

another beat down. This time at home by Rutgers. Is their season collapsing now due to Psycho Fran's embarrassing temper tantrums?

I don't know but I do know that if I was a Husker basketball fan I would like Coack Pike (Rutgers coach) as the new HC at NU...dude gets his kids to play hard.

Reactions: 9and4
And also, Ohio State got curb stomped by Purdue. I thought the BiG TeN officials were supposed to make sure that Ohio State would win. They are on the bubble and they need to make sure that they make the dance.

Iowa isn't anywhere close to as good as their record. Bunch of lucky bullshit last second shots including a banked in 3 from the corner to beat Rutgers the first time.
Yeah...they probably have 3 wins that could have very easily been losses.

Rutgers should be 2-0 vs them, no doubt about that.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
another beat down. This time at home by Rutgers. Is their season collapsing now due to Psycho Fran's embarrassing temper tantrums?

Your question isn't worth a reasonable response.

The truth resides somewhere between other teams figuring out how to defend Iowa's inside/outside attack & disrupting their 2-3 zone defensively.

They look inside first, teams play one on one with that big man & play the percentages of two points vs. three.

The kick out isn't there because teams are glued to Bohannon, Weiskamp, Moss. Garza Cook, Baer are all in a bit of a slump compared to when they were on two substantial winning streaks.

Teams have figured out how to penetrate the zone at the foul line, then distribute for an uncontested three. A few players (OSU's Ahrens & Rutgers' guy - name escapes me) put up a career day even when half of their shots were constested well. Luck turned in that case.

They were a last second shot away from beating Maryland, so law of averages says they are a legit 21 win team (are what your record says you are).

I know there is vitriol there (obviously) and it's ok to pile on. The reality is they will still make the Tournament while another team will be a 3 seed in the NIT (that goes out to H8er, who thought a good dis would be stating that Iowa would join UNL in the NIT).

meh, wouldn't waste my time on an iowa board. just thought i would ask the legion of hawkeye fans that reside on this board.

You’ll just bring them over worse with every loss you post and give them more ammunition when they beat Nebraska on Sunday..

Reactions: SkerInCo
kwicassio, One huge problem is Fran’s kid is very average at point guard he has no offensive presence on the court what so ever and he plays Cook way too many minutes..

Bohannon and Weiscamp can’t be on the bench at the same time either..

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
They havent made the tourney since 2016 right? Not sure they make it every year. The last time they made it in they got beat by 20+ in a play in game. Not sure if that even counts.

No they beat Temple in 2016 and lost to National Champion Villanova in the next round..

They havent made the tourney since 2016 right? Not sure they make it every year. The last time they made it in they got beat by 20+ in a play in game. Not sure if that even counts.
That was '14.

'15 they were 7 seed & beat 10 seed Davidson 83-52, then lost to 2 seed Gonzaga, which made Elite 8 that year.

'16 they were a 7 seed & beat 10 seed Temple 72-70, then lost to 2 seed Villanova, who went on to win National Championship.

No they beat Temple in 2016 and lost to National Champion Villanova in the next round..
Ok, I was wrong then. Havent been there since 2016. My point kinda is....Very few would be able to even recall that because they just never move the needle. They had a pretty good record at one time. (Many close "lucky" wins at one point) but now like most years just go away and no one knows anything about them outside of Iowa and some of the B1G.

kwicassio, One huge problem is Fran’s kid is very average at point guard he has no offensive presence on the court what so ever and he plays Cook way too many minutes..

Bohannon and Weiscamp can’t be on the bench at the same time either..

Correct. Connor is a D1 baseball talent, but a D2 bball talent. They lack a PG that can penetrate & distribute as well as play above avg defense. Many believe that help is on the way with 4* NYC PG Joe Toussaint.

Ok, I was wrong then. Havent been there since 2016. My point kinda is....Very few would be able to even recall that because they just never move the needle. They had a pretty good record at one time. (Many close "lucky" wins at one point) but now like most years just go away and no one knows anything about them outside of Iowa and some of the B1G.

It's whatever makes you feel better about it, but many don't remember dozens & dozens of like teams tournament years. Heck many couldn't tell you the winners of nat'l champion teams. The way basketball is in college. I will say it is better to watch more wins than not and be a part of the tournament seeding process, than to spend all winter dreaming of spring practice. That, you can't deny or are lying if you say otherwise.

Reactions: Brad Tucker
No doubt the Hawkeyes make it to the Big Dance, how far they go I don’t know. I’m really excited about baseball they just whipped Okie St this weekend, Hawks are loaded.

Reactions: sltldowney
We’ll see how loaded they are when the conference starts..

Nobody in the B1G is loaded in Baseball...o_O
From Iowa fan perspective, being average to slightly above average in any sport is being “loaded” and “relevant”. The Iowa message board fan base is the gift that keeps on giving. You won’t have to wait long for another lame post by one of the Iowa regulars over here......

If beating Iowa were as important to Nebraska as beating Nebraska is to Iowa, evidenced by split lip KF after beating 4-7 Nebraska on last second FG, Nebraska would not have fired the Nebraska version of Fran in Bo P. Bo P would’ve continued whipping the hawks at a .750 winning clip.

We know 2015-2018 is the best thing to ever happen to hawk fan. Honestly though, hawk fans were just as bad before that stretch, they just have some short term stats and facts to back their BS these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
If beating Iowa were as important to Nebraska as beating Nebraska is to Iowa, evidenced by split lip KF after beating 4-7 Nebraska on last second FG, Nebraska would not have fired the Nebraska version of Fran in Bo P. Bo P would’ve continued whipping the hawks at a .750 winning clip.

We know 2015-2018 is the best thing to ever happen to hawk fan. Honestly though they were just as bad before that stretch, they just have some short term stats and facts to back their BS these days.
Don't deviate from all the prior posts you don't respond to concerning Iowa basketball. Not interested in shoulda woulda coulda. Got awfully quiet in here when presented with meaningful analysis of college basketball, which is the current topic. If you want to start a different flame thread, have at it with others, but I won't participate if that's what you're trying to accomplish.

Don't deviate from all the prior posts you don't respond to concerning Iowa basketball. Not interested in shoulda woulda coulda. Got awfully quiet in here when presented with meaningful analysis of college basketball, which is the current topic. If you want to start a different flame thread, have at it with others, but I won't participate if that's what you're trying to accomplish.
giphy.gif

Iowa basketball has had a better season than Nebraska basketball......Fran reps Iowa well, he’s the perfect example of how I view the Iowa message board fan base.

We’ll see how Iowa fares at PBA. Nebraska b-ball players are mentally weak, but they still manage to occasionally play well. Maybe they can out Iowa, Iowa and get some lucky breaks.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
giphy.gif

Iowa basketball has had a better season than Nebraska basketball......Fran reps Iowa well, he’s the perfect example of how I view the Iowa message board fan base.

We’ll see how Iowa fares at PBA. Nebraska b-ball players are mentally weak, but they still manage to occasionally play well. Maybe they can out Iowa, Iowa and get some lucky breaks.
Charlie Marlowe asked some perspective. Although trying to flame as well, an honest answer was delivered. I know its not was some of you want, but I think some do appreciate the discussion. Too bad it gets derailed by both sides in a hurry nearly every time.

It got quiet because no one gives a shit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT