ADVERTISEMENT

Injuries... Any updates?

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
Who is banged up? I saw Westerkamp and Cethan go down Saturday and Zo Moore didn't play. Any one have an extensive list and extent?

Riley: "I don't think Jordan and Cethan will make it for the next game, but possibly for the game after that."

HCMR said Ozigbo and Farmer could be ready for Indiana.

Basically, the injuries could have been much worse. Luckily, it does not sound like they are season-ending injuries. Hope they heal quickly and can get back for UW & OSU. Until then, next man up.

This Indiana game has me nervous. Losing both Westy and Carter is a big blow to our offense. Not to mention Moore, Farmer and Ozigbo banged up, if they can play. We will need some guys to step up and makes plays big time.

This Indiana game has me nervous. Losing both Westy and Carter is a big blow to our offense. Not to mention Moore, Farmer and Ozigbo banged up, if they can play. We will need some guys to step up and makes plays big time.
Makes me nervous too. They have a good offense and a better defense this year. They too might be banged up, however, after playing OSU. I hope Moore and Farmer are back by then.

Not too worried about Moore, Ziggy and Farmer. Think they'll be ready to roll! Having those 3 and a healthy Knevel should help a bunch and be enough vs Indiana. Get Westy and Carter back by Wisconsin and we'll be fine.

I love the openness, but I wouldn't be offended in the least if Riles stated that we expect both Westy and Carter to go in 2 weeks and then scratch them at the last minute

let Indiana think we are going to have them

Reactions: jeans1515
Very big loss, IMO. Tommy's favorite big play target and out stud TE---this could be a difference maker. There's a reason to be nervous but hopefully Riley and Co. Can figure it out. GBR

On Tuesday morning, Mike Riley addressed the media and said he didn’t believe either tight end Cethan Carter, or wide receiver Jordan Westerkamp would be ready to go for the team’s next game. Their doubtful status remains despite the fact that they have a week off to heal up.

The Nebraska football head coach did point to the bye week as reason for optimism in that regard. Riley said while he didn’t think either one of them would be able to play against Minnesota, he thought there was a better chance they would be back for the Purdue game.

http://huskercorner.com/2016/10/04/nebraska-football-two-starters-ruled-indiana-game/

On Tuesday morning, Mike Riley addressed the media and said he didn’t believe either tight end Cethan Carter, or wide receiver Jordan Westerkamp would be ready to go for the team’s next game. Their doubtful status remains despite the fact that they have a week off to heal up.

The Nebraska football head coach did point to the bye week as reason for optimism in that regard. Riley said while he didn’t think either one of them would be able to play against Minnesota, he thought there was a better chance they would be back for the Purdue game.

http://huskercorner.com/2016/10/04/nebraska-football-two-starters-ruled-indiana-game/

So they can't play on Nov 11th but they might be able to play on Oct. 22? Nice article. LaughingLaughing

Reactions: timnsun
It seems funny Riley would already rule out Westy for the Indiana game just based on that back injury. Wonder if he has something else going on........maybe turf toe?

It seems funny Riley would already rule out Westy for the Indiana game just based on that back injury. Wonder if he has something else going on........maybe turf toe?
Well if it is a bruised kidney as well as a back thing it makes sense that will take time to heal. I read somewhere about the bruised kidney. Was that just a preliminary rumor?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT