ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana-MSU

Tied with 5 minutes left. Need to be sure we don't overlook that game. It's no gimme.

I figured this would be a tough game. After seeing IU taking tosu to the limit last year, this game scares me!

Reactions: newAD
I figured this would be a tough game. After seeing IU taking tosu to the limit last year, this game scares me!
Indiana is up now by a touchdown over MSU late in the 4th quarter. I watched a little of their game last week and they just kept shooting themselves in the foot.

I can't belive that this year will be the first time that we have played Indiana since we joined the league. I wonder about the Big Tens scheduling sometimes. I think I saw somewhere that Michigan will play at Nebraska only one time in the first 9 or 10 years in the league. That's not right.

I can't belive that this year will be the first time that we have played Indiana since we joined the league. I wonder about the Big Tens scheduling sometimes. I think I saw somewhere that Michigan will play at Nebraska only one time in the first 9 or 10 years in the league. That's not right.
Barry Alvarez is making noise about the scheduling and I bet he get's some changes made. It's ridiculous how lop sided some of the schedules are. IF they are going to schedule this way, divisional games record should be the first qualifier for the CCG.

Why isn't Connor Cook playing? I thought there was a rule that he didn't ever have to graduate (or at least it seemed like it).

I'm glad that it's a close game. Hopefully is shows the players that they can't overlook them.

Good heavens how did they over turn that call? BS.

Good question. I don't think you can over turn that. His hand that was on the ground was just short of the goal line. I didn't see an angle thst proved the ball didn't break the plane.

Good question. I don't think you can over turn that. His hand that was on the ground was just short of the goal line. I didn't see an angle thst proved the ball didn't break the plane.
Unbelievable.

giphy.gif

Sparty choking.

Hopefully this shows the Nebraska players that IU is not a team to be overlooked.

Reactions: newAD

And to top it off the last time we have played not only Michigan but Penn St and Bucknuts they were all at their place.

And to top it off the last time we have played not only Michigan but Penn St and Bucknuts they were all at their place.

I'm not advocating Nebraska overlook Indiana, in college football these days, you can't ever overlook a team, and I don't think they will. I'm also not making any guarantees about how that game will go, because there are a lot of variables: team we haven't played in a while, only second road game, coming off a bye week, Indiana plays at Ohio State the previous week, etc...

Having said that, I would caution in taking too much from them beating Michigan State. The fact is, Michigan State just isn't that great this year, and the results really have shown that. The only reason they were ranked top 20 this week, or top 10 the previous week, is because they started the season ranked, and probably a lot higher than they should have been.

The first week of the season, they barely eaked out a win versus Furman, a bad FCS team that currently sits at 0-5, and their 4 other games other than MSU have come against other FCS schools. That game was as close as one score (21-13) until Michigan State scored with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Then, after a week off, came their "big" game against Notre Dame, who has turned out to be pretty mediocre, if not downright bad this year. On the back of that "big" win against Notre Dame, they climbed into the top 10, and have since then laid two huge eggs in conference play.

While MSU's defense has been decent, as usual; their offense has been at best mediocre, and really trending more towards downright bad. They currently rank 78th in Total Offense and 105th in Scoring Offense, and even those poor rankings are a little misleading, as a big game against Notre Dame's terrible defense (106th total and 100th scoring defense) skewed things better for them a little (take out the 36 points they scored against Notre Dame, they drop to 18.3 ppg, which would rank them 120th).

The point to all this is, despite all the gushing the commentators were doing over Indiana's defense, Michigan State just doesn't have a good offense. Give credit where it's due to Indiana, their defense stepped up and played big late in the game when it was needed, but they weren't exactly stopping an offensive juggernaut. Nebraska will have by far the best offense Indiana has faced so far, both statistically and just by obvious talent level. In fact, take out Ball State, who ranks in the 60s in both Total and Scoring Offense, and the offenses Indiana has faced so far have been pretty bottom of the barrel, all ranking in or near the 100s in Scoring Offense, and about the same or worse in Total Offense.

Reactions: StrongArm517
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT