ADVERTISEMENT

In the trenches

In the 2nd half Ty Robinson looked absolutely terrible. I had to go back and watch him specifically it was so bad. In the 1st half he was fairly quick, but omg the 2nd he was done. Got absolutely 0 push.
Re: Duval, I’m sure they do some of both S&C, but I think Duval has been successful in the strength department. Feels like we’ve had less soft injuries than when we had like 5 WRs with pulled hammys under Riley.

However, the conditioning never gets talked about much, and I’d been thinking that for last couple years. Depth is important also. But they did rotate in at least some.

I think technique and scheme can contribute to what gets blamed on strength at times.

All those elements have to come together. The bottom line is plenty of schools are doing more with less.

who is the poster that periodically chimes in with some absurd contention that we are more physical under Frost than the prior 3 years as some type of consolation prize for all the losing?

how ridiculous

The offense would have been okay IF our defense could have stopped Northwestern's offense. They dominated us in the trenches. It wasn't the style of offense that lost that game.

We were up 28 to 17 with one TD being a blown coverage.

We know what happened.

Reactions: king_kong_
Our only hope for a winning season is that our defense with all of the new starters makes huge strides from this first embarrassment.
I'm "hoping" it was a case of their legs were dead from the trip (as were NW's), the grass was slow, and maybe our kids were a bit overtrained and just physically flat. (Yeah, I know. Hope springs eternal).

NU may need to plug in another DL just to try to slow down the run game. It's obvious Ty is underperforming and maybe out of shape. Feist played pretty well with 5 unassisted tackles, but at 280# he's gonna get blown off the ball. Maybe they run some twists, gimmicks, etc and create some turnovers.

Our LB's have got to improve. NU cannot afford to have Henrichs miss so many tackles, fail to plug some of the running lanes effectively.

As everyone has said, the defense has a long way to go, and maybe just doesn't have enough horses.

If NW is gonna have WR's running wide open, I shudder to think what OU looks like with those track guys.

who is the poster that periodically chimes in with some absurd contention that we are more physical under Frost than the prior 3 years as some type of consolation prize for all the losing?

how ridiculous
We didn't look too physical getting pushed around the field by Northwestern.

Nebraska was absolutely ABUSED up front on both sides of the ball. Defense was 3-4 yards off the line of scrimmage in the late 3rd and all of the 4th quarter. Nothing will change until we get better up front. We’ve known it for atleast 3 years and still the same stuff.
agree. There is a talent issue too but being exhausted made it look worse. We got tired on both sides way too fast, hell our QB look exhausted in the 2nd half. My first thought was we aren't practicing hard enough.

Reactions: RaulJones
And if the dog wouldn't have stopped to shit, he would have caught the big rabbit.
fail dog show GIF

All we've heard from crotch rot and a few others is how amazing Duval is. He should be training women with gunts at Planet Fitness.
Well you may be right, this is really is first real coaching job. Being an assistant water boy fir the Bears does not count

Anyone can lose to anyone when you make dumb calls.

They have won the division 2 out of 4 years.

Nebraska isn't the Nebraska you think i we are anymore.

One day yall will realize this.
I mean you aren't exactly coming with any breaking news.

Why the name change anyways?

I still maintain we're never going to be great again trying to run a finesse spread offense. People have been saying for the last 20 years that we need to modernize our offense....while teams like Wisconsin and Iowa continue to beat us year after year after year.

Sir, 100% on the money. Almost every other team we play stuffs our Line play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT