ADVERTISEMENT

Impact of Riley's 4 star players thus far...

Seriously, you are saying Riley didn’t recruit talent. To leave out all of the starters Or regular contributors from riley’s classes is disingenuous and wreaks of an agenda.
No - it’s that Riley can’t coach talent. Want to go back over his storied career and pick out a “team” he coached to a championship level? I’ll be waiting...

No - it’s that Riley can’t coach talent. Want to go back over his storied career and pick out a “team” he coached to a championship level? I’ll be waiting...
Thank you for agreeing with me. Tom is the one saying he can’t recruit talent. It’s there, he just isn’t coaching them well enough for success.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
Pin this so in two years we can laugh at what an idiot he is.
You
On the field I agree. But when you look at offers from other big schools, there really isn’t a comparison. The problem is Riley’s system is too difficult, he can’t develop, he can’t coach, take your pick.

But the number of players we have now who had offers from top 15 programs dwarfs what Pelini did.
The problem is Riley a poor coach. You could give him Bama’s talent and he would lose 3-4 games. Riley can’t develop talent.

Did you read these articles? Fisher broke his leg in August during Fall camp before a game was played in 2010. There are no depth charts during Fall camp, that is when depth charts are developed. Lavonte David started every game in 2010 and 2011. He was never a backup. You cannot be a backup until the games are played.

Laughing

And you ask if I read the articles.

RollingLaughRollingLaugh

You

The problem is Riley a poor coach. You could give him Bama’s talent and he would lose 3-4 games. Riley can’t develop talent.
Again, I have said that more than once in this thread. I am not sure why people keep coming on here to tell me he can’t coach when I have said that several times.

I don't think Riley's recruiting has been bad necessarily, but I don't think it has been light years ahead of Bo's recruiting like some portray it to be. In any event, we have better talent on the roster (whether Bo or Riley recruited them) than our record indicates, IMO, and that falls on Riley's coaching.

Again, I have said that more than once in this thread. I am not sure why people keep coming on here to tell me he can’t coach when I have said that several times.

It's a weird time around here. People keep getting called out even though they went on record about the direction of the program a couple months ago.

Reactions: timnsun
Jordan Stevenson--Gone (6 kick returns for a 14 yard average...yuck)
Jalin Barnett--Ummmm...
Stanley Morgan--Overall is very good (33 catches, 540 yards, 6 tds)
Khalil Davis--Meh (8 tackles so far this year)
Avery Anderson--MIA (1 game...a tackle)
Eric Lee--OK (Not great in coverage but plays quite a bit with 29 tackles and 2 INTs)

Lamar Jackson--he plays
Dismuke--shows signs of being decent...show signs of being bad (15 tackles and 1 fumble recovery)
POB--a couple nice throws...a couple bad throws
Raridon--kind of in the mix

Blades--gone
Ty Lindsey--A ways to go (10 receptions for 6.2 yards a pop. Threw a nice block)
Guy Thomas--Redshirt I'm guessing
Avery Roberts--barely plays (2 tackles)
Gebbia--redshirt
Keyshawn--Gone
McQuitty--Hurt

Yeah...recruiting has been awesome.

Interesting how you choose to focus on 4 star recruits - yet you throw Keyshawn in there, who was not, so you can make your point.

Recruiting class as a whole is stronger, and talent eval of HS players is strong. Stevenson was a late pickup that wasn't really part of the class. He came and went in about 2 months. He was the result of Riley trying to hold the initial class together and fill it with athletic bodies. They took a chance on Blades because they knew this class would full of prospects with high interest (before fans and admin lost patience). I love how you're evaluating a true sophomore and redshirt freshmen like you're expecting pro-ready play from them.

There is so much more nuance involved in recruiting and roster and scholarship management than you appear to understand. Well, maybe you understand it, you're just choosing to be disingenuous because it fits your narrative. Yikes.

Interesting how you choose to focus on 4 star recruits - yet you throw Keyshawn in there, who was not, so you can make your point.

Recruiting class as a whole is stronger, and talent eval of HS players is strong. Stevenson was a late pickup that wasn't really part of the class. He came and went in about 2 months. He was the result of Riley trying to hold the initial class together and fill it with athletic bodies. They took a chance on Blades because they knew this class would full of prospects with high interest (before fans and admin lost patience). I love how you're evaluating a true sophomore and redshirt freshmen like you're expecting pro-ready play from them.

There is so much more nuance involved in recruiting and roster and scholarship management than you appear to understand. Well, maybe you understand it, you're just choosing to be disingenuous because it fits your narrative. Yikes.
Strange that Key is listed as a four star.

Strange that the title says "thus far."

Strange that my comparisons to four stars at other schools were to there underclassmen thus proving the point I wasn't talking about the future but how they have done this far.

Strange that you are the one showing your agenda by not quoting anything of mine accurately.

Strange that Key is listed as a four star.

Strange that the title says "thus far."

Strange that my comparisons to four stars at other schools were to there underclassmen thus proving the point I wasn't talking about the future but how they have done this far.

Strange that you are the one showing your agenda by not quoting anything of mine accurately.
My bad on Keyshawn. For some reason I thought I remembered seeing him as a 5.7

What does thus far mean? So pointless. Basically, you're saying nothing. Because if you wanted to talk about the recruiting class and its success and failure, you should be discussing the class as a whole (as silly as this is to be evaluating a class "thus far"...he has two full class cycles and one is REDSHIRTING. Just dumb.), and there is a true freshman and a redshirt freshman who aren't playing too badly on the oline.

I don't have an agenda, all I ask is that you look at all pieces of data and not your self-selected pieces that fit your agenda. Look at the entire picture. Consider that Riley didn't recruit his "first class" until December of that signing year. I've seen you say he owns that class, but that's just dishonest to say. You're comparing his class of two months of work to teams who had worked for 2 years to fill their classes. 2 months to 2 years. Apples and oranges. Your refusal to admit obvious stuff like this discredits most of what you say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT