ADVERTISEMENT

I'm bored....

spartanhusker

College Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
Name the greatest Husker hoopster from...
*Colosseum Era

*Devaney Center Era

*Pinnacle Bank Era

Yeah, lame I know...

Oh, and here are mine:
*Stu Lantz
*Eric Piatkowki
* TBD

I'll go with Stu Lantz, Andre Smith and Terran Petteway.

Smith probably won't be on most people's list, but he was two-time all Big 8 and conference POY his senior year. Petteway led the Big Ten in scoring his first year at NU.

Reactions: bigboxes and 9and4
I'm out on the Colosseum years. I'll go with Pike for Devaney (tough choice though) and Palmer for Pinnacle for now.

Colosseum = I am too young to actually make the call on that one
Devaney = Tyronn Lue
Pinnacle Bank = Isaiah Roby

Love these answers!!!! And let me say....Colosseum games were the BOMB!!!Smoking allowed(at least in the concourse) dim lighting, 6000 seats I think???Awesome!!!!

Colosseum = I am too young to actually make the call on that one
Devaney = Tyronn Lue
Pinnacle Bank = Isaiah Roby
Wonder what this year's record would be if Roby hadn't left? I have no issue with him leaving. Would've been nice to have a couple more W's sprinkled in though!

Wonder what this year's record would be if Roby hadn't left? I have no issue with him leaving. Would've been nice to have a couple more W's sprinkled in though!
Exactly... How many Alley-oops would Mack had given to Roby. They would of been fun to watch together!

Reactions: mgbreis
I saw a Husker volleyball game in the last year at the Coliseum. I have no idea how that place passed fire codes. If you were seated in one of the long rows with only one aisle, you'd be toast.

How many remember bob Siegel, Carl McPipe. ( not Carl’s pipe) Brain Banks? Joe had some talent just never got them to jell. Was Andra smith on a joes coached team or was joe gone and Mo was his head coach?

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
How many remember bob Siegel, Carl McPipe. ( not Carl’s pipe) Brain Banks? Joe had some talent just never got them to jell. Was Andra smith on a joes coached team or was joe gone and Mo was his head coach?
Smith played his first couple of years for Cipriano, then I think Moe took over during his junior year.

Banks and McPipe were very talented. I believe they were both from Hammond, Indiana. Joe Cip had some good recruiting contacts in the Chicago area, where he landed Jerry Fort as well.

Reactions: Baxter48
Played agin Bob Seigel...he was a frosh at Fairbury, and I a senior at York...IN MY JUNIOR AND SENIOR year I also played against Gene Harmon(Creighton) Dale Haase (Kansas),Tom Kropp (Bulls and Bullets)....and how did I NOT play D-1???:)

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Played agin Bob Seigel...he was a frosh at Fairbury, and I a senior at York...IN MY JUNIOR AND SENIOR year I also played against Gene Harmon(Creighton) Dale Haase (Kansas),Tom Kropp (Bulls and Bullets)....and how did I NOT play D-1???:)
Was bobs brother Tom a jr ?

I also want to mention Derrick Chandler as a guy that I remember vividly from my early fandom years, that dude went toe-to-toe with Doug Smith from Mizzou a few times. I saw a funny interview one time where he said he had 18 points and 20 rebounds agains Oklahoma, and Nee told him, "You shoulda had 30!"

I was 3 years old when the BDSC opened so I have no memories of the Colosseum.

Devaney: Eric Piatkowski

PBA: I had 4 players that came to mind. Shavon Shields, Terran Petteway, James Palmer and Isaiah Roby. I eliminated Roby because I don’t think he ever realized how good he could be and I think his growth was stunted by playing 5 due to Miles not recruiting a center. Shields was good, but his best year he averaged 16 ppg. That leaves me with JPJ and Petteway. They both had similar averages and were similar type players. I had to go with Petteway because he went off and got his team to the NCAA tourney.

I was 3 years old when the BDSC opened so I have no memories of the Colosseum.

Devaney: Eric Piatkowski

PBA: I had 4 players that came to mind. Shavon Shields, Terran Petteway, James Palmer and Isaiah Roby. I eliminated Roby because I don’t think he ever realized how good he could be and I think his growth was stunted by playing 5 due to Miles not recruiting a center. Shields was good, but his best year he averaged 16 ppg. That leaves me with JPJ and Petteway. They both had similar averages and were similar type players. I had to go with Petteway because he went off and got his team to the NCAA tourney.
I think their celebration when they got in was one of the coolest things ever!!!:)

Reactions: kaz36
It strikes me that I'm sad that most of you did not get to witness the Colosseum in it's full 'glory....Cipriano, Stu Lantz, Coleman, Chalk, Grattop, Hare....saw Alvin Adams play in there...Walt Wesley...and the concourse was narrow...it WAS a treat!:)

Reactions: Huskerchil
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT