ADVERTISEMENT

Game day experience in Lincoln (Illinois fan)

uiguy

Oct 17, 2022
Gentlemen of Husker Nation: I come in peace. It is Illinois' once every 20 years time to have a decent team. I understand the gameday atmosphere in Lincoln is something to experience and I am seriously considering coming over for the game on 10/29. What is my best option for tickets - through the UN sports website or are there decent seating options available from "vendors" outside the stadium? What are visitors' parking options?

I'm older so I used to admire Nebraska during the Devaney and Osborne years, especially since I disliked Oklahoma. It's sorry to see the state of your program now - hopefully the next HC hire can rebuild the program. We're lucky to have Bielema - this guy understands how to build and manage a college program. Hope he stays for a long time with the Illini. Thanks for any info you can provide. If you want to invite me to your tailgate that would be OK too. :)

There is always tickets being scalped around Haymarket, tailgating area’s or around the staduim you shouldn’t have a problem unless you’re bringing more with you and you all want to seat together…

Since it’s 2:30 game I expect aroused crowd playing back home and getting a chance knocking off Bielma chance at the Big 10 West..

Have a great time and welcome to Lincoln if you make it..

There is always tickets being scalped around Haymarket, tailgating area’s or around the staduim you shouldn’t have a problem unless you’re bringing more with you and you all want to seat together…

Since it’s 2:30 game I expect aroused crowd playing back home and getting a chance knocking off Bielma chance at the Big 10 West..

Have a great time and welcome to Lincoln if you make it..
This.
Gentlemen of Husker Nation: I come in peace. It is Illinois' once every 20 years time to have a decent team. I understand the gameday atmosphere in Lincoln is something to experience and I am seriously considering coming over for the game on 10/29. What is my best option for tickets - through the UN sports website or are there decent seating options available from "vendors" outside the stadium? What are visitors' parking options?

I'm older so I used to admire Nebraska during the Devaney and Osborne years, especially since I disliked Oklahoma. It's sorry to see the state of your program now - hopefully the next HC hire can rebuild the program. We're lucky to have Bielema - this guy understands how to build and manage a college program. Hope he stays for a long time with the Illini. Thanks for any info you can provide. If you want to invite me to your tailgate that would be OK too. :)
We appreciate your post and hope you have a wonderful time (though not TOO wonderful as we are hoping for an upset). ;)

Congrats on your coaching hire. I was skeptical of him post Arkansas, but he clearly understands the Big 10. You look good.

Your coach is an idiot and will be a complete failure. Won’t win a game the rest of the year. Glad you beat easy teams so far but you won’t win in Lincoln. Have fun.

• Angry
Reactions: Dr_Alan_Grant
Welcome uiguy.

Wear your colors, so we know you're our guest, and I have no doubt you'll be invited to many tailgates as you walk by.

Your team is looking really good this year. I'm glad we have an off week before we face you. May the best team (N) win. 😎

Reactions: uiguy

You will literally eat and drink mostly good tailgate food for free, if you sport your Illini gear and don't act like an ass. Some tailgates may give you shots of the good stuff if you make enough good fat jokes about Bert Enema and randomly blurt out, "Iowa sucks"!

Enjoy!

Your coach is an idiot and will be a complete failure. Won’t win a game the rest of the year. Glad you beat easy teams so far but you won’t win in Lincoln. Have fun.
UIguy, we had a filter on here for morons, but unfortunately it is out of order.

I think you will find almost all Nebraska fans to be friendly. We pride ourselves on being good fans to other fans.

UIguy, we had a filter on here for morons, but unfortunately it is out of order.

I think you will find almost all Nebraska fans to be friendly. We pride ourselves on being good fans to other fans.
There are idiots in all fan bases - he can think what he wants to think, doesn't bother me. The rest of you guys are great and classy. Thanks.

Reactions: scarletred
There are idiots in all fan bases - he can think what he wants to think, doesn't bother me. The rest of you guys are great and classy. Thanks.
Frank is a basement dwelling, sister fucķing, 20 IQ having, pig eating, empty trophy case having Iowa fan.

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerHusaria

It sucks. Stay home

• Haha
Reactions: uiguy
One of my favorite memories. This is mid 80's sometime. I think the name of the Illinois qb was Jack Trudeau.
Nebraska is having their way with them and Danny Noonan, our AA nose tackle, roughly sacks him. As Noonan is celebrating, Trudeau is sitting on his bum. He still has the ball, winds up and nails Noonan right in the back.
One of the funniest things I've ever seen on the field.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT