ADVERTISEMENT

I think a millennial is going to take my job

I have had a GPS now for 27 years...she sits in the front seat tells me where to go and how to get there...In the old days they called it a WIFE...
Mine just tells me where to go.....Winking She doesn't much care how I get there.

Its ok, if you are competing against a millenial, you can just tell them how many PTO days they get and they are expected to work 40 hours per week....they will soon quit. Also point out your company has no VTO policy.
An older baby boomer bought a business that I owned 20 years ago. I had grown it from scratch and sold it in about 2 years for about half a million. He kept it afloat but the business at best stayed even and didn't grow. A GenXer bought it from him about 2 years ago for the price of the real estate. She's grown tired of working already and is down to being open 4 days per week and wants to sell it. After she's done a couple of hundred thousand in improvements to the facility now I think I could buy the thing back probably for what I sold it for 20 years ago and have it growing again at a >25% month over month rate in just a few months time.

NOBODY wants to work anymore....including me I guess. I'm just getting too damned old. I see opportunities like that all over the place for a young person IF they wanted to work. I've offered to bankroll several young people and only one millenial bit. I had him all set up to grow a business that would have provided for his family for the rest of his life and even built a new house for him to rent from me until he could afford to buy it. He decided after a year that he didn't want to work that hard.:confused:

Reactions: bigRed-no-BiilyC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT