ADVERTISEMENT

I posted yesterday about the hype Scott Frost...

All the talk about inexperience at QB is the most frustrating and pathetic excuses. Too many are giving the coaches a pass regarding roster management. When Coach Frost arrived we had Lee, OBrien, Gebbia, Martinez, Bunch, and then pretty quickly Vedral.

Through practice or one v one meetings it dwindled to nothing but Freshman, a walk on, and a kid that was ineligible to compete. Then one freshman left.

Roster Management is part of the gig. With the poor performance in this regard, Bunch is our backup/starter, not 3rd string, not 4th string. The excuse s should end. If there is fault In this plight, Frost owns it...and handling this differently was easier than getting an OLine ready/assembled in just 9 months.

Who's this "We" you speak of? Aren't you an Iowa fan?

Players gotta say something, people are paid to put microphones in their faces several days a week. Of course they are going to say that they're better than this and they'll rally back. We'd crucify them if they were like, "Yeah we're bad and we'll stay bad and I don't really even care, this is what we are at this point."

Scott got a little ahead of himself with tooting the horn on the hype train talking about this team being more talented than UCF was and being ready to "win now." If he had his crystal ball to know he'd be starting his #3 QB in the second game after having the Akron game cancelled I don't think he says those things.

He's probably right that they have better players than Year One UCF did, but the big fat catch is that they don't play in the conference UCF plays in. There are 3-4 games left on that schedule that you look at as maybe a coin flip if Martinez is healthy. They're staring down the barrel of a 2-3 win season here.
"they don't play in the conference UCF plays in". Agree completely---therein lies the difference. I have been 8-4 or 7-5 but that is when we are complete. This complicates the picture a bunch. Guess we better strap it up and do the best we can keeping in mind that it MAY become a 2-3 game season. This reality is shit for the birds but it is what it is.

Who's this "We" you speak of? Aren't you an Iowa fan?
Yes, I am an Iowa fan, and a Nebraska fan. Attended every Nebraska game from 1970 through 1982, began missing games when I went to college(at Iowa). Have also attended 2 orange bowls, one Sugar, one cotton bowl, 2 fiesta bowls(including the big one vs Florida), live and work in Lincoln for past 10 years.

Attended the University of Iowa and lived there for about 15 years. My kids, wife, siblings, in-laws all attended Iowa.

It was easier having these two teams as my team before they started playing each other.

While living in Iowa still attended a game per year in Lincoln.

Roots run deep with both. I’m an anomaly.

I would rather have a coach like SF that believes his team is capable of winning and says it than someone that wants to temper everyone's expectations. We are all grown-ass men and women, we can make up our minds about buying into hype or not.

You know, it isn't just the coaches and team that needs a culture change, it is a lot of fans as well. We have also forgotten a lot about how to be decent fans and cry like little girls at every misstep. It is embarrassing watching some of the crap posted on here.
So we can’t be upset about losing to a sunbelt team at home? And it’s not just losing it’s about how they lost. You can’t teach a kid speed or arm strength but you can teach them to be disciplined. For some reason that hasn’t happened yet

So we can’t be upset about losing to a sunbelt team at home? And it’s not just losing it’s about how they lost. You can’t teach a kid speed or arm strength but you can teach them to be disciplined. For some reason that hasn’t happened yet
We? Did UCF lose to a Sun Belt team last weekend?

Yes, I am an Iowa fan, and a Nebraska fan. Attended every Nebraska game from 1970 through 1982, began missing games when I went to college(at Iowa). Have also attended 2 orange bowls, one Sugar, one cotton bowl, 2 fiesta bowls(including the big one vs Florida), live and work in Lincoln for past 10 years.

Attended the University of Iowa and lived there for about 15 years. My kids, wife, siblings, in-laws all attended Iowa.

It was easier having these two teams as my team before they started playing each other.

While living in Iowa still attended a game per year in Lincoln.

Roots run deep with both. I’m an anomaly.
I am with you as I have now lived more years in eastern Iowa than in NE and it was easier before NE joined the BIG. Clearly a Husker first, but I have been to a lot more Hawkeye games. Moved to Iowa in 1981 and was blown away with every BB game on local TV. Hard not to be a fan when my kids were for 30 games a year.

PREACH. Somewhere along the way, a fair number of fans lost perspective. It is possible to both enjoy the game and enjoy analyzing it while also allowing it room to breathe.

This video accurately represents a good portion of our fanbase, except we aren't salesmen, we are Husker fans. And the pretty little pet is Nebraska football.

Hilarious post!

Reactions: ThrowBones92
We? Did UCF lose to a Sun Belt team last weekend?
I actually think discipline takes longer to teach than speed and arm strength. It’s like a bad habit like smoking that you’ve been doing for 20 years. Bad habits are hard to break. You have to recruit disciplined kids that come from disciplined homes, disciplined high school football teams, disciplined mentalities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT