ADVERTISEMENT

I mentioned last year Frost wasn't a slam dunk

Im glad Frost has the say in that so he won’t be forced like Riley was by clueless people.
Far to often coaches get blinders on when it comes to staff. They stick with friends vs what is best for the program and the team. That time has not come yet in year 1. No you are right, Frost will not be force to make any changes if he doesn't want to.

Same problem today...shotgun in OT in 4th and short and it cost us.

Also, too many receivers getting open exposing single coverage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still glad he's our coach but man I'm frustrated

Check out the difference in 4th and 1 formations/play calls between the old UCF HC and the new UCF HC:

In the first possession in OT vs Northwestern yesterday...Huskers face a 4th and 1 on the 16 yd line in OT, one HC decides to forgo the FG attempt for a play out of the shotgun...and this happened:

(Video is set to run on this play)

The other HC in another game decides to go for it on 4th and 1 on HIS side of the field on his OWN 29 yd line and put his star DT in at FB and then this happens:

Check out the difference in 4th and 1 formations/play calls between the old UCF HC and the new UCF HC:

In the first possession in OT vs Northwestern yesterday...Huskers face a 4th and 1 on the 16 yd line in OT, one HC decides to forgo the FG attempt for a play out of the shotgun...and this happened:

The other HC in another game decides to go for it on 4th and 1 on HIS side of the field on his OWN 29 yd line and put his star DT in at FB and then this happens:

Wow...great post...just what I mentioned in my post and I forgot UCF was deep in their own territory.

Great coaches play to their strengths (offense in this example) and adapt.

For those of you complaining about running shotgun in short yardage, Frost put AM under center at least twice yesterday in those situations. One didn't get a yard and one did miraculously despite dropping the snap. So he is adapting.

Can't remember everything because I was (self-admittedly) changing between games and took a nap, but did Frost run power with a FB during those plays?

I think 50 million would get Belichick here, easily. While we're making ridiculously over exaggerated statements, 50 million would probably get Jesus to come back just to coach at NU.

Check out the buyouts on the contracts of coaches at the top payscales. There are even coaches who avg less than 8 wins who have a buyout over 35 million. Taking a job with a lower guarantee wouldn't make sense. Either way, if great coaches were easy to hire Nebraska wouldn't have employed Pelini and Callahan.

Did anybody see UCF line up in power on 4th and break a long run for a game-winning TD?

They came out of a weird huddle too, very interesting play, but the most interesting part was seeing Milton under center.

Good teams, winning teams, adapt.
And basically Frost played a similar scenario out of the shotgun and the play was a huge failure.....he is playing entirely too tentative and needs to grow a pair....

And basically Frost played a similar scenario out of the shotgun and the play was a huge failure.....he is playing entirely too tentative and needs to grow a pair....
The problem I see is when you on a unlucky streak no matter what you do it doesn't work, and when your on a hot streak you can't miss. Right now we are in a 0-10 batting slump. Now he's second guessing himself which I posted in another thread is not go, so he needs to go back to what he was doing at the start of the season. And what do any of you want him to say in his press conferences? I sures hell wouldn't want to be in his shoes, he's doing the best he can he's professional he can be blunt but not as extreme as bo. I don't think he envisioned this scenario in his worse nightmare. Maybe he should write one up already for next Saturday and just read it off and no questions

Wow...great post...just what I mentioned in my post and I forgot UCF was deep in their own territory.

Great coaches play to their strengths (offense in this example) and adapt.

Yeah..,.from UCF's own 29 yd line...a 4th and 1 from there was HIGH pressure...but they ran that play to a "T" (Defensive Tackle might have had the block of the year) and got a 71 yd score out of it.

UCF's Coach Heupel did it again with 2:57 left in the game with UCF on their own 40 yd line...up by 1 (31-30) facing a 4th and 1...Heupel didn't want to punt and give Memphis Offense all that time...so he went for it again..got a first down...ended up burning another 1:50 off the clock...which ended up being the difference in the game as the clock ran out on Memphis on their last play when their WR was tackled inbounds around the 25 yd line (easy FG range) but the clock ran out.

Right now he has about a .500 career winning percentage. That was a big knock on the previous head coach.
and One undefeated seasons in 2 and 1/2 year of coaching, previous head coach had zero undefeated years in college football.

Glad to see that huskeronline has the joined the SJW movement and is allowing so many intellectually disabled people to participate in the forums. This thread should be archived to show the open-mindedness and tolerance of the site. I can't fathom another place on the internet where so many "challenged" people can reside without prejudice. Thank you HO!

Who were they playing and what type of scheme. The rb was probably running a wheel route out of the backfield. Good offensive schemes take advantage of mismatches. The short yardage conundrum will be addressed. I believe.

The offense looks like its becoming more efficient. The defense looks like the ugliest girl I've ever seen. Chins said we have to tighten some things up. Good lord.

Glad to see that huskeronline has the joined the SJW movement and is allowing so many intellectually disabled people to participate in the forums. This thread should be archived to show the open-mindedness and tolerance of the site. I can't fathom another place on the internet where so many "challenged" people can reside without prejudice. Thank you HO!

SJW is the media.

Again, hard to just put lipstick on a turd and expect it to be a beauty queen!

2019- Offense: AM,Washington,JD and Boe Wilson..7 positions available
Defense: Barry, Stille,Honas?..8 positions available.

Let the purge begin!

You forgot Jaimes snd Stoll who have played well.

Last edited:
As an Iowa fan I know Frost will improve Neb football ++++++ times but I was also happy you didn't put the big push on the Iowa St coach. I truly believe he's one of the best up and coming coaches in the country.

Wow, amazed how many people want to jump off the bandwagon, jump I say jump!

Yeah..,.from UCF's own 29 yd line...a 4th and 1 from there was HIGH pressure...but they ran that play to a "T" (Defensive Tackle might have had the block of the year) and got a 71 yd score out of it.

UCF's Coach Heupel did it again with 2:57 left in the game with UCF on their own 40 yd line...up by 1 (31-30) facing a 4th and 1...Heupel didn't want to punt and give Memphis Offense all that time...so he went for it again..got a first down...ended up burning another 1:50 off the clock...which ended up being the difference in the game as the clock ran out on Memphis on their last play when their WR was tackled inbounds around the 25 yd line (easy FG range) but the clock ran out.
Heupel also inherited the number 1 offense in the country from last year and Heisman caliber QB. Frost inherited a team coached by Mike Riley, need I say more.

As an Iowa fan I know Frost will improve Neb football ++++++ times but I was also happy you didn't put the big push on the Iowa St coach. I truly believe he's one of the best up and coming coaches in the country.

I would like to have your whole defensive staff. UNL should offer the whole bunch alot of money. You guys have had some garbage offenses, but your D has been strong under Parker. Stanley has improved drastically.

I hate Iowa. You have a good team. I can't wait till we skull drag you around the field.:)

Reactions: Huskred01
Right now he has about a .500 career winning percentage. That was a big knock on the previous head coach.

Well that and the previous coach was an absolute joke with no upside whatsoever....but besides that WTF is your point?

These type of posts make me sick. Do you have any idea how lucky we are that Frost is our coach? Not only is he from Nebraska, he played under and worked for some of the best coaches in the history of football. He's young, smart, tough, understands our culture and has been a winner his entire life.

We have had a tough start, who cares!!! We were able to hire a national coach of the year that had an undefeated season and beat Auburn in a bowl game. He did it at a commuter school that's a dump. What has Nebraska done to even sniff this in the last two decades with our unlimited budget?? Do you think we could even touch a coach like him unless he was from Nebraska?

He took a dumpster fire of a job because he loves the state of Nebraska and its football program more than you could ever understand. He took the hard job and you ridicule him. Urban Meyer really wanted to coach Notre Dame but he passed because it was too hard in his mind. Our guy picked the hard job. I doubt a person like you could ever understand the level of character or commitment it takes to do this.

When he turns it around, and he will turn it around, you will be the guy complaining when we lose a close game in the Big 10 Championship. It will be "he can't win the big one", blah, blah, blah.

Who else would we hire? Another retread NFL coach? How about a bike riding hippy that has sucked his entire career?

Wake up pal.

These type of posts make me sick. Do you have any idea how lucky we are that Frost is our coach? Not only is he from Nebraska, he played under and worked for some of the best coaches in the history of football. He's young, smart, tough, understands our culture and has been a winner his entire life.

We have had a tough start, who cares!!! We were able to hire a national coach of the year that had an undefeated season and beat Auburn in a bowl game. He did it at a commuter school that's a dump. What has Nebraska done to even sniff this in the last two decades with our unlimited budget?? Do you think we could even touch a coach like him unless he was from Nebraska?

He took a dumpster fire of a job because he loves the state of Nebraska and its football program more than you could ever understand. He took the hard job and you ridicule him. Urban Meyer really wanted to coach Notre Dame but he passed because it was too hard in his mind. Our guy picked the hard job. I doubt a person like you could ever understand the level of character or commitment it takes to do this.

When he turns it around, and he will turn it around, you will be the guy complaining when we lose a close game in the Big 10 Championship. It will be "he can't win the big one", blah, blah, blah.

Who else would we hire? Another retread NFL coach? How about a bike riding hippy that has sucked his entire career?

Wake up pal.

Reactions: btbones
We have had a tough start, who cares!!! We were able to hire a national coach of the year that had an undefeated season and beat Auburn in a bowl game. He did it at a commuter school that's a dump.

Wake up pal.

I guess it is you that needs to "wake up" but props to admitting you know so little about UCF.

Reactions: AcgKnight15
Frost will eventually win here I do believe but not nearly as quickly as anticipated . The UCF program had a lot of key pieces in place already when he took the job . He found the way to properly motivate and use those pieces after a disastrous end to the O Leary tenure . The 0-12 is very misleading from a talent standpoint . No excuse for that team to have gone winless

Reactions: footnfan1
5 million a year for himself and a bunch of cash for his friends doesn’t hurt. He is going to ride this contract out and doubt he really even cares if he wins.
Don’t be an idiot.

Unless you can’t help it, that is...

I guess it is you that needs to "wake up" but props to admitting you know so little about UCF.
Rose colored glasses from the UCF fan. I would say go post on your own board but it probably has zero activity. Too many students commuting back and forth at that dump of a school.

Pundits are speculating that Urban might "retire" after this year. Frost may be the answer, but if it doesn't work out, Urban Meyer would be one of the few coaches that could restore Nebraska to past glory. He would ask for mucho $$$$$$$, would the admin pony up?

Well done. Now why don't you chronicle all of Frost's calls that weren't to your liking last season too, and let us know how Heupel would have handled each.

Oh, and be sure to like each subsequent post via all your burner accounts. TIA

Reactions: kaz36

Wake up pal.

Post of the year....

That's some awesome coaching! Maybe we can get him to replace Walters?

Rose colored glasses from the UCF fan. I would say go post on your own board but it probably has zero activity. Too many students commuting back and forth at that dump of a school.
You’d like it.
umbCuFz.png

LLLLLLincoln.

Reactions: footnfan1
Really, no one shows up. UCF does not have corporations buying tickets to save sell outs, but come on.

1200px-Spectrum_Stadium_-_2017_AAC_Championship_Game.jpg

Really, no one shows up. UCF does not have corporations buying tickets to save sell outs, but come on.

1200px-Spectrum_Stadium_-_2017_AAC_Championship_Game.jpg
Great job posting one of the very few pics where theres actually fans in the stands. How long did you have to search to find that? Lets hope when they are actually full some tragedy doesnt happen like oh...the thing falling down because of corrosion. Nice schedule btw.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT