ADVERTISEMENT

I mentioned last year Frost wasn't a slam dunk

Red_Symptoms

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 30, 2016
Watched my first UCF game yesterday and caught the 4th Q. It was not impressive, from a coaching aspect:

• 4th and a foot, they still line up in shotgun, and failed to convert late in the 4th quarter. I understand that's their offense but I call it stubbornness.
  • With under 2 minutes and up 8 pts they allow a 1 on 1 matchup with a LB on a RB, and give up a 65 yd TD pass, with ZERO safety help.
Frost may do well here, but to be considered a slam dunk I think you have to have some hardware as a head coach, from either a P5 team or NFL.

Same problem today...shotgun in OT in 4th and short and it cost us.

Also, too many receivers getting open exposing single coverage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still glad he's our coach but man I'm frustrated

Again, hard to just put lipstick on a turd and expect it to be a beauty queen!

2019- Offense: AM,Washington,JD and Boe Wilson..7 positions available
Defense: Barry, Stille,Honas?..8 positions available.

Let the purge begin!

Lmao that isn’t happening, get you tissues ready.
I sadly agree. Frost has it in his head he and this staff were able to turn it around at UCF and he and staff can do it here doing things exactly the same way. It is a way different conference with way different competition. I don't think the exact same thing that worked for UCF is going to work here. I don't think he changes staff. I think he is ready to ride or die with the staff he has.

I sadly agree. Frost has it in his head he and this staff were able to turn it around at UCF and he and staff can do it here doing things exactly the same way. It is a way different conference with way different competition. I don't think the exact same thing that worked for UCF is going to work here. I don't think he changes staff. I think he is ready to ride or die with the staff he has.
Maybe so but hopefully he isn't stubbornly loyal to the point of being stupid like Callahan

His post game presser was a bit alarming though. That leads me to believe that if it comes down to either the team he bleeds and loves or his best friend, he’ll choose the team. If it ever comes to that I can see Chin leaving and not putting Frosty in thst position. Next year might be the last for Chin if there is no improvement.

What worried me about this staff was they were very low on Power-5 coaching experience. Chinander and Walters had a couple seasons as position coaches at P5 programs, but none of the other coaches had ever coached at a P5 program. Our coordinators had never been coordinators at the P5 level.

Meanwhile Harbaugh has Don Brown, and Urban's DC is a former NFL and P5 head coach.

Reactions: Chins666
Na, they're young and smart, they will adapt. UCF won their 19th in a row.

Very small sample size on Frost as a head coach.

The graveyard of college football is full of the tombstones of coaches who had a great season or two at a midmajor school. Hopefully Frost won’t end up one of them

Reactions: husker2612
His post game presser was a bit alarming though. That leads me to believe that if it comes down to either the team he bleeds and loves or his best friend, he’ll choose the team. If it ever comes to that I can see Chin leaving and not putting Frosty in thst position. Next year might be the last for Chin if there is no improvement.
Seriously doubtful on any improvement

Callahan was loyal to his staff, too. Loyalty is overrated.
The only thing that has ever worked at NU is continuity. The village idiots wanted Osborne to fire McBride just about every season until the mid-nineties. We've seen how effective changes can be. Look at our defensive backs and how they perform. I've lost track of how many coaches we've had back there over the last half dozen years.

Very small sample size on Frost as a head coach.

The graveyard of college football is full of the tombstones of coaches who had a great season or two at a midmajor school. Hopefully Frost won’t end up one of them

The reason so many newbies become instant stars is because proven commodities at the P5 level are rare and insanely expensive. If Nebraska offered Saban or Urban they would demand 50 million guaranteed regardless of results. And even then it's hard to say they would come.

The reason so many newbies become instant stars is because proven commodities at the P5 level are rare and insanely expensive. If Nebraska offered Saban or Urban they would demand 50 million guaranteed regardless of results. And even then it's hard to say they would come.

No doubt ... Frost was the right hire for Nebraska. Just commenting that despite this, success is anything but guaranteed

I think 50 million would get Belichick here, easily. While we're making ridiculously over exaggerated statements, 50 million would probably get Jesus to come back just to coach at NU.

100% they will do it here. What’s sad is fans packing it in already. We barley won 4 games last year what sort of magic were you expecting? We’ve roughly doubled the total offense from last year to in 6 games. But cry on.

Good lord. One of the best things this formerly dysfunctional program has is that it FINALLY has a cohesive staff. The last thing anyone should be thinking about is more changes.
God no kidding, forced staff changes would be the worst thing that could happen. Thankfully Moos won’t do that.

Reactions: timnsun
Same problem today...shotgun in OT in 4th and short and it cost us.

Also, too many receivers getting open exposing single coverage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still glad he's our coach but man I'm frustrated

Did anybody see UCF line up in power on 4th and break a long run for a game-winning TD?

They came out of a weird huddle too, very interesting play, but the most interesting part was seeing Milton under center.

Good teams, winning teams, adapt.

100% they will do it here. What’s sad is fans packing it in already. We barley won 4 games last year what sort of magic were you expecting? We’ve roughly doubled the total offense from last year to in 6 games. But cry on.
I haven't said Im packing it in. I don't think I have seen anyone say they are done with Frost or this team. Simply saying if it comes to it and a decision needs to be made regaurding firing one of his coaching friends I don't think he will do it. He is going to make it work or not, with them.
I think some here confuse frustration and complaining by some with not supporting Frost or this team. As I said in another post. I love my kids, my wife, my family, my friends. I would do anything for them and I support them 100%. Now that doesn't mean I don't get mad and frustrated with them. It doesn't mean, I agree with everything thing they do. It doesn't mean I praise every single thing they do. If they are making mistake or being plain stupid. I am going to tell them. The same goes for my team.

I haven't said Im packing it in. I don't think I have seen anyone say they are done with Frost or this team. Simply saying if it comes to it and a decision needs to be made regaurding firing one of his coaching friends I don't think he will do it. He is going to make it work or not, with them.
I think some here confuse frustration and complaining by some with not supporting Frost or this team. As I said in another post. I love my kids, my wife, my family, my friends. I would do anything for them and I support them 100%. Now that doesn't mean I don't get mad and frustrated with them. It doesn't mean, I agree with everything thing they do. It doesn't mean I praise every single thing they do. If they are making mistake or being plain stupid. I am going to tell them. The same goes for my team.
Im glad Frost has the say in that so he won’t be forced like Riley was by clueless people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT