ADVERTISEMENT

I like Rhule… I really do… but..

What POSSIBLY could he have seen in Sims over Thompson??? Maybe it’s been hashed out before, but my goodness…
Thompson needed shoulder surgery and the local media discussion was if he was done playing football. Thompson wanted a guarantee that he would start. Rhule wouldn’t give him that.

In addition, Sims is a big strong guy who can run. Thompson is smaller and has had a lot of injuries. Sims has the physical tools but apparently not the ball security awareness.

Too much confidence in his ability to fix a kid who had a high turnover rate and must've thought his "intangibles" we're enough to risk it.

I'm hung up on being told we had three quarterbacks he (Rhule) would be comfortable rolling out any given game. Makes me question his honesty or what he's seeing...

Too much confidence in his ability to fix a kid who had a high turnover rate and must've thought his "intangibles" we're enough to risk it.

I'm hung up on being told we had three quarterbacks he (Rhule) would be comfortable rolling out any given game. Makes me question his honesty or what he's seeing...
I still feel good if we roll Purdy out. Haarberg needs to sit if he can’t run effectively. Sims looked good in the spring game but he’s done.

What POSSIBLY could he have seen in Sims over Thompson??? Maybe it’s been hashed out before, but my goodness…
I'm with you, but there's a lot we don't know. Thompson had a serious injury and Rhule had to bring someone in. Rhule might have had every intention of letting the two of them compete for the job but CT chose to leave. I really don't feel like there was any scenario where Rhule could've just told CT "it's your job and and I'm not bringing in anyone."

Or, maybe Rhule told him he wasn't gonna start and to move on. I guess we'll never know.

I'm with you, but there's a lot we don't know. Thompson had a serious injury and Rhule had to bring someone in. Rhule might have had every intention of letting the two of them compete for the job but CT chose to leave. I really don't feel like there was any scenario where Rhule could've just told CT "it's your job and and I'm not bringing in anyone."

Or, maybe Rhule told him he wasn't gonna start and to move on. I guess we'll never know.
Supposedly Casey’s dad asked for a guarantee that he would start.

It was really a shame CT couldn't compete last spring. I was totally impressed with CT coming into a new offense last year and being able to grasp it so well. I think he could have done the same this year but an injury and surgery and damn...

Let’s also remember that Thompson was lost at the beginning of the season where he transferred so good chance he wouldn’t be playing for us now away way but good chance we would have been 2-0 or 1-1 starting the season..

All of our qb options were and are extremely flawed. That is the problem. So many other programs just have normal qbs that aren't perfect but can hit open receivers and scramble for a few yards when needed. We make things so hard by focusing on run first qbs or big qbs or whatever who can't throw at all.

We need a sticky thread that just says “CT was injured and a very shaky QB proposition.” No new coach was gonna hitch their wagon to him in year 1. I wanted him to stay and compete, but it didn’t work out.

The more I read from the presser and what the local paper is saying I agree. Purdy may need to start these last two games.
Satterfield needs to call a game that fits Purdy's strengths and short comings...
Which are what exactly? Seems like a very similar QB to HH but smaller. Maybe a short-mid range quick passing plan with power run game. Definitely dont want any of these qb’s throwing downfield in November in Madison

Something to ponder. HH really can't play, hurt. Purdy gets hurt or sells 17 grams of coke to an undercover agent and is 'unavailable'. You look down the bench and see Sims with a big smile on his face.
Do you play him or go with one of these mysterious walkons?

Something to ponder. HH really can't play, hurt. Purdy gets hurt or sells 17 grams of coke to an undercover agent and is 'unavailable'. You look down the bench and see Sims with a big smile on his face.
Longval

BTW, I still have my Sports Illustrated with Charles Thompson, in orange prison garb and handcuffed, being taken away on the cover.
I treasured that thing. The OU empire had fallen and there were a lot of ugly stories. Rape, guns, cash, drugs, Barry's boys.
This, 'we had respect for each other', is the biggest barrel of crapola in sports.

Punt on 1st down.

Which are what exactly? Seems like a very similar QB to HH but smaller. Maybe a short-mid range quick passing plan with power run game. Definitely dont want any of these qb’s throwing downfield in November in Madison
Overall Satt needs to improve the way he utilizes each quarterback in his stable, not just specifically Purdy. But also when there's plays to be had the QBs need to execute. That's been an ongoing problem with these QBs on top of the countless other problems this offense has...

With the lack of depth in our QB room, we had to bring in a transfer QB. Unfortunately we brought in one that was terrible.

I think it is more that he didn't know if he'd be able to play effectively. He really hadn't made it through a season unscathed and essentially was shelved until right before the season started after surgery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT