ADVERTISEMENT

I like Janovich

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
His long run was awesome. Also, our qb is a great competitor. The team played hard. I felt sad for them.

Having said that, we are heavily penalized, our secondary is awful, and our offense lacks any identity. Hard to win any games like that.

Looking forward, it's difficult to have confidence that this staff will recruit or coach well enough to make us a contender. They are used to losing.

If Riley has a vision of how things are going to be different, it would be great to hear it. Right now he is doing what he has always done and is surprised the results are the same.

If you aren't getting any production out of the QB position, you won't win very many games, regardless of who the head coach is.

If you aren't getting any production out of the QB position, you won't win very many games, regardless of who the head coach is.

This team would be a lot worse without Armstrong.

Losing Abdullah and Bell hurts. No home run threats on this offense.

Great run, wish he'd get the ball more, run or pass. Would have been nice had he scored that td with no time left on the clock. After he scored, I just thought there was too much time left to really think about a win. I know that's pretty jaded, but it was true, sadly.

This team would be a lot worse without Armstrong.

Losing Abdullah and Bell hurts. No home run threats on this offense.
I think they ought to go with a different QB. This system does not suit Tommy. I know he plays hard and has his moments, but he's reached his ceiling a long time ago. I would be more inclined to start easing AJ into the mix.

Do you really want to go through another 1.5 seasons with Tommy at the helm? Get AJ some reps this year. They need to sit Tommy, especially when he is not getting it done. Tommy also only seems motivated when we are behind and it's a must get score.. then he shows up.. but the rest of the game, when we could be scoring points, it's like he doesn't have the motivation to do it.

I can't stand the idea of another year and half of TA at the helm.

I think they ought to go with a different QB. This system does not suit Tommy. I know he plays hard and has his moments, but he's reached his ceiling a long time ago. I would be more inclined to start easing AJ into the mix.

Do you really want to go through another 1.5 seasons with Tommy at the helm? Get AJ some reps this year. They need to sit Tommy, especially when he is not getting it done. Tommy also only seems motivated when we are behind and it's a must get score.. then he shows up.. but the rest of the game, when we could be scoring points, it's like he doesn't have the motivation to do it.

I can't stand the idea of another year and half of TA at the helm.

I think he could develop. The last staff had zero qb development, so he is just getting started.

We need some playmakers around him.

You see, I don't really believe that though. Westerkamp, Jano, Pierson-el, etc. we have talent, we just suck at using it.
agree.. you have to have someone who can deliver a catchable ball, on time, accurately.. TA does none of that consistently.

TA is great when the chips are down, but wouldn't you rather have a guy that can move the offense during the rest of the game rather than in comeback mode?

Reactions: MemorialRedWarrior
The assessment that we are having serious problems with player rotation and playing calling. And how that affects continuity is spot on. Langs and Riley need to come together with a solution.

The secondary and linebackers are a hot mess playing pass defense. EVERYONE KNOWS IT AND WE HAVE NO ANSWERS.

In my opinion our defensive problems are directly causing our offense problems. The coaches know we can't stop anyone especIally late in the game.

You see, I don't really believe that though. Westerkamp, Jano, Pierson-el, etc. we have talent, we just suck at using it.
Westerkamp has good hands but isnt a home run threat. Janovich s a good fullback but yesterday's long run aside more of a short yardage guy. DPE has been injured and isnt himself.

agree.. you have to have someone who can deliver a catchable ball, on time, accurately.. TA does none of that consistently.

TA is great when the chips are down, but wouldn't you rather have a guy that can move the offense during the rest of the game rather than in comeback mode?
Yes

janovich, sigh…played 40 games…sigh…and we used him running 2 games.
was he a bobo dog house player?

janovich, sigh…played 40 games…sigh…and we used him running 2 games.
was he a bobo dog house player?
You have to like this staff for recognizing talent and adapting to get them involved. Andy didn't learn football this season, he's been a talent the former staff wasn't smart enough to get engaged in the offense.

You have to like this staff for recognizing talent and adapting to get them involved. Andy didn't learn football this season, he's been a talent the former staff wasn't smart enough to get engaged in the offense.
I remember him signing, he was a beast coming out of high school, I figured he had rathmen, shaleen, macovika written all over him. it's like nobody in lincoln since DR. Tom left, watched how DR.Tom used all his players. it should be mandatory film room viewing for all NU coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT