ADVERTISEMENT

I know Ohio State is good but-

It's weird. How many games now have we seen this where we aren't even competitive against a better opponent? I've lost track, but it's got to be about a half dozen to ten games by now. It started with Bo Pelini. I remember Melvin Gordon running for like 400 yards in 3 quarters one time.

Indiana just gave Michigan State a game and OSU made them look like a high school team. We had some stuff set up with Fullback and trap game, but we couldn't capitalize with an overthrow that ended up in an interception that could have been a 14-7 game instead of a 21-0 game.

Indiana just gave Michigan State a game and OSU made them look like a high school team. We had some stuff set up with Fullback and trap game, but we couldn't capitalize with an overthrow that ended up in an interception that could have been a 14-7 game instead of a 21-0 game.
so true. it is like we are playing scared.

The game is won/lost at the point of attack and the reality is our Oline is bad and our DLine is mediocre at best. We are getting blasted at the LOS. We have solid skill position guys, but are severely lacking at the point of attack. Until we significantly upgrade our play along the LOS, this will be the norm.

Watching Wisconsin this afternoon, their DL fires off low and with explosiveness that we just don’t have. They look like missiles coming off the LOS. We look like we stand up and move forward. Occasionally we fire off, but it’s rare. The best teams do it every time.

I believe in Frost, but we have a long long long way to go.

The game is won/lost at the point of attack and the reality is our Oline is bad and our DLine is mediocre at best. We are getting blasted at the LOS. We have solid skill position guys, but are severely lacking at the point of attack. Until we significantly upgrade our play along the LOS, this will be the norm.

Watching Wisconsin this afternoon, their DL fires off low and with explosiveness that we just don’t have. They look like missiles coming off the LOS. We look like we stand up and move forward. Occasionally we fire off, but it’s rare. The best teams do it every time.

Chase Young is going to make any O-lineman look horrible. Other than that, I thought our line was coming together fairly well. That drive where Okaduh intercepted it while getting blasted and laying on his back was the turning point. Nebraska was giving it to them finally and it was a td if that pass was 2 feet shorter.

It's weird. How many games now have we seen this where we aren't even competitive against a better opponent? I've lost track, but it's got to be about a half dozen to ten games by now. It started with Bo Pelini. I remember Melvin Gordon running for like 400 yards in 3 quarters one time.

It actually started with Solich. Callahan picked up the torch. 70-10 loss to Texas Tech? My, how short some of our memories are.

Chase Young is going to make any O-lineman look horrible. Other than that, I thought our line was coming together fairly well. That drive where Okaduh intercepted it while getting blasted and laying on his back was the turning point. Nebraska was giving it to them finally and it was a td if that pass was 2 feet shorter.

True, but the reality is no matter how much our Oline comes together we’re still a long way from being on OSUs level, or Wisconsin or Iowa for that matter. The fact is we need talent and size on our Oline.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
True, but the reality is no matter how much our Oline comes together we’re still a long way from being on OSUs level, or Wisconsin or Iowa for that matter. The fact is we need talent and size on our Oline.

Until they get a system up and rolling on the line we will always be some patchwork group in the trenches. That wont happen fast when we’re throwing converted freshman TE’s in to the starting center position.

It actually started with Solich. Callahan picked up the torch. 70-10 loss to Texas Tech? My, how short some of our memories are.

You just had to bring that t Tech game up, didn't you? :D

I remember after that game, and I wasn't able to watch it because of a company dinner that night, I turned the radio on and couldn't believe it when the Husker broadcast team came back on the air after the game was over and said something like "well, a tough loss for the Huskers tonight losing 70-10."

I looked at my wife and said "did he just say 70-10?" I thought at first he said 17-10, but holy cow, 70-10!:confused:

I believe in Frost as well. However I am not a big believer in what his assistant coaches are teaching his players. The good ones surround themselves with great coaches. To this point, I am not quite sure what he has surrounded himself with.

Reactions: SkerInCo
If you read some of the OSU boards, this could be their best OL in 15 years. Add that they have another top 3 or 4 DL again this year and they're just going to be awfully hard to beat. It all starts up front.

If you read some of the OSU boards, this could be their best OL in 15 years. Add that they have another top 3 or 4 DL again this year and they're just going to be awfully hard to beat. It all starts up front.
Granted, but Nebraska should never lose a primetime game in Memorial Stadium by 6TDs to anyone!

"Started" with Bo Pelini??? My God, you must be blind as a bat. Clownahan got run over like a stuck pig over & over & over.

we should not be this bad. They are making us look like a high school football team.
OK, OSU has dozens of future NFL players on its 2-deep. They have 3-4 first round picks for next year's draft starting this season. NU didn't have one player drafted this year and don't expect that to be much different next year.
There were dozens of NFL players on the 1995 NU team and several first-round picks (Phillips, J Peter, G Wistrom, Booker). Many became Probowlers (Green, Wistrom, Mike Rucker).
Talent fricking matters. You can only coach up guys so much.

What you saw last night was 20+ years of great administration, coaching and recruiting against 20+ years of mediocrity. I wanted to think Frost could rebuild quickly, but the reality is this rebuild might take a decade.

"Started" with Bo Pelini??? My God, you must be blind as a bat. Clownahan got run over like a stuck pig over & over & over.
I was criticizing SP and Callahan and getting blasted on RSS long before it became obvious to the masses that it wasn’t working. GAHusker said almost exactly the same thing to me about 16-17 years ago except he was supporting McClangahan and Slippery Pete.

The jaw dropping big stage flops started w Bo. Before that we sucked in those situations but not as bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT