ADVERTISEMENT

I haven't seen this many "ORs"

Likely a ton of “ORs” all across America.

Can’t let a kid know he’s 4th string and give him a reason to leave when you can say he’s an “OR” in the 4th spot but an “OR” that connected to the 1st teamer.
I can see Iowa fans among those claiming to be in the "OR" category as well. lol

I predict a revolving door of similar, boring running backs until they one by one go down with injury. Prove me wrong huskers. Please. The only one who stood out recently was that dude whose name had an A in it, got hurt and bolted. No I am not looking it up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
I predict a revolving door of similar, boring running backs until they one by one go down wirh injury. Prove me wrong huskers. Please. The only one who stood out recently was that dude whose name had an A in it, got hurt and bolted. No I am not looking it up.
Wow. Dark.

I predict a revolving door of similar, boring running backs until they one by one go down with injury. Prove me wrong huskers. Please. The only one who stood out recently was that dude whose name had an A in it, got hurt and bolted. No I am not looking it up.
Yeah, he’s pretty successful on another team, last year. No im not telling you…

since I went to a crew meet.

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that none of our top 4 RBs has separated himself?

Bunch of "guys". All solid but no true difference makers. Only good thing is the drop off won't be far from any of them. I'm not even sure it matters.

Holla

my guess is emitt stands out, doesn't get hurt, and put on some pound of muscle that will help him break bigger runs..plus if you hear him talk he sounds pretty smart, kinda reminds me of a mix between frazier and the jet

Bunch of "guys". All solid but no true difference makers. Only good thing is the drop off won't be far from any of them. I'm not even sure it matters.

Holla
I had somebody tell me a few weeks ago that Dowdell wouldn't be in the rotation. Rhule just said the he planned on playing the 4 top RBs. Get em all reps in this game so they're all ready for the leg twisting dirty low hitting sCUmbags coming to town next week.

I had somebody tell me a few weeks ago that Dowdell wouldn't be in the rotation. Rhule just said the he planned on playing the 4 top RBs. Get em all reps in this game so they're all ready for the leg twisting dirty low hitting sCUmbags coming to town next week.

I'll be honest I haven't been high on Dowdell myself. I didn't see the explosion on film . Even in the spring game I wasn't too impressed though everyone loved the long run it was against guys who probably won't ever play meaningful snaps in college.

All that said I'm always prepared and hoping like hell I'm wrong in this case. If he can show any kinda wiggle I'd be thrilled. I had him more as a straight lined bull best served as a short yardage between the tackles guy.

If he's more that's great for us!!

Holla

I'll be honest I haven't been high on Dowdell myself. I didn't see the explosion on film . Even in the spring game I wasn't too impressed though everyone loved the long run it was against guys who probably won't ever play meaningful snaps in college.

All that said I'm always prepared and hoping like hell I'm wrong in this case. If he can show any kinda wiggle I'd be thrilled. I had him more as a straight lined bull best served as a short yardage between the tackles guy.

If he's more that's great for us!!

Holla
Bull beast works for me. Sounds like he’s been hard to tackle in practice.

Rahmir is on this depth chart. Been here forever. I pride myself on remembering players but there are some names on here that are not ringing a bell. Easy to block memories from the Frost era. Amazing how many on this depth chart never really achieved anything or just left.
There were a lot of fly by night players that came & went under Frost. Roster turnover was terrible, then there was Rahmir every season.

Bull beast works for me. Sounds like he’s been hard to tackle in practice.

Yeah sounds like he's improved a lot. I think I heard somewhere that he was still playing like he was in HS and trying to run everyone over once he got to the second level. In a situation where making one guy miss could be the difference between 7 and 50 yards.

Supposedly coaches have been stressing to the backs that they have to get more than what the play is blocked for. Make a guy miss or break a tackle and turn 6 into 60 yards.

I think that's why the logjam at the position. I'm not sure we have THAT guy in the roster. This you have maybe 4 guys who maybe does one thing better than the other but are weaker at the other things so to speak.

I understand that the coaches are trying with these guys but I've always believed that elite or even good RBs are recruited and not made. You cant coach instincts or feel for the game. Or a guy knowing when to spin, jump cut, side step or even stiff arm a guy. Or when to just lower your shoulder and get what you can. As much as I "like" these guys Im not sure any of them is "him".

Just my opinion of course but I'd ride with the hot hand every game and let the competition continue at least until I narrowed it down to two guys.

Hopefully the 4 star kid the got coming in this year is "him". We definitely need some dudes.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT