ADVERTISEMENT

I don't think Rhule has the "it" factor

At least you guys are playing defense now, so there's something to build on. And it seems like there's a much better culture than under Frost. But the turnovers. At this point, continue to develop the OL and get a playmaker or two in the portal. If you can lure a solid game-manager type QB from a non-P5 school with NIL next year could look a lot different.

Rhule is a ‘decent’ coach, I would have to agree about the ‘it’ factor. To me he looks confused a lot of the time. He’s done a reasonably good job (except for Sims) given the scant number of talented players at Nebraska. However, we should be at least .500 even with these players. I’m not going to throw Matt Rhule under the bus, but with talented player's I suspect his ceiling is 7 or 8 wins in Lincoln.

Christopher Mcdonald Lol GIF

Rhule is a ‘decent’ coach, I would have to agree about the ‘it’ factor. To me he looks confused a lot of the time. He’s done a reasonably good job (except for Sims) given the scant number of talented players at Nebraska. However, we should be at least .500 even with these players. I’m not going to throw Matt Rhule under the bus, but with talented player's I suspect his ceiling is 7 or 8 wins in Lincoln.
With better talent winning 8 games is going to be a good year in the new B1G and that goes for teams like Wisconsin, Ioway and Minnesota too..

He isn’t a game day coach…. If he hasn’t won it in the recruiting ahead of time he will not win..

• Haha
Reactions: GaRed
where does the current roster have the advantage, say, on the offensive side?
Sure let’s start on offense. Probably worse than all of Frosts offenses by the end of the year. I will point out a couple things though - Ty Hahn played more under Frost than he ever did under Rhule. Additionally, 3 of our o line starters, were starting in 2021 and the narrative in that season was that they needed more S&C and experience. All 3 were better players this year than they were two years ago for instance and it is not 100% due to Rhule and staffs development, don’t kid yourself.

Defensively, talent wise I would take this years defense over any Frost roster defense minus the 2021 super senior year for JoJo and those guys.

Special teams have been a shit show for 7 years, no need to waste our breath.

Finally, this years schedule was much easier than any schedule Frost had. The Big Ten was extremely bad this year.

When I look at the totality, I don’t see a much worse roster nor am I impressed with a 5-7 record against the worst schedule we will ever face in the 21st century

Last edited:
Reactions: Landomatic
And Kirk and Brian were planning the kkk rally for tomorrow night
Dude that’s shits old. It took Frost to get fired early in the season to have Joesph get an opportunity as the first black coach at any sport at your prestigious and inclusive school.

Dude that’s shits old. It took Frost to get fired early in the season to have Joesph get an opportunity as the first black coach at any sport at your prestigious and inclusive school.
Technically there is a difference between black coach and ( interim) coach..
Nebraska has had plenty of black assistant coach’s..

Truth hurts! Kirk must have pictures of the governor or high ranking government officials that he didn’t get fire.

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
Sure let’s start on offense. Probably worse than all of Frosts offenses by the end of the year. I will point out a couple things though - Ty Hahn played more under Frost than he ever did under Rhule. Additionally, 3 of our o line starters, were starting in 2021 and the narrative in that season was that they needed more S&C and experience. All 3 were better players this year than they were two years ago for instance and it is not 100% due to Rhule and staffs development, don’t kid yourself.

Defensively, talent wise I would take this years defense over any Frost roster defense minus the 2021 super senior year for JoJo and those guys.

Special teams have been a shit show for 7 years, no need to waste our breath.

Finally, this years schedule was much easier than any schedule Frost had. The Big Ten was extremely bad this year.

When I look at the totality, I don’t see a much worse roster nor am I impressed with a 5-7 record against the worst schedule we will ever face in the 20th century
That’s odd. Didn’t the 20th century end 23 years ago?

I believe he would have been a great coach here 5-10 years ago. I’m not sure in today’s landscape you can “build” a program, especially when players can enter the transfer portal at the drop of a hat. Hard to develop talent if it’s not willing to stick around for at least two years to learn scheme and condition their bodies.

Water under the bridge now, but would have been interesting to see how Mickey would have recruited. He certainly had the “it” factor when it came to that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT