Votes: 11 64.7%
  • B

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

BleedRed89

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2008
I'm going to preface this hypothetical by stressing that this is purely a hypothetical. It's meant as nothing more than an exercise in would you rather, and is not intended to imply how I feel things will unfold for Matt Rhule and the Huskers over the coming years. So please, dont @ me offended, I promise it's nothing more than a means to kill time as the season gets ready to kick off.

So, if you had a choice in how Matt Rhules career at Nebraska would unfold, which option are you taking.

Scenario A: Matt Rhule has a long, successful career at Nebraska spanning 15-20 years. The Huskers are back to regularly competing for conference and National titles. Rhule and the team even pull off the occasional conference crown, and get an impressive number of playoff wins under their belt over the years. But the big one always alludes him - no national titles when he finally hangs them up. But Nebraska is at least back to being respected in the CFB landscape, albeit with the criticism that they still haven't won the big one since 1997.

Scenario B: Matt Rhule comes out swinging in the 2024 season with a dark horse playoff appearance. It's then followed up in the 2025 and 2026 seasons with back-to-back National Championships. However, after this time - the Huskers suddenly experience massive problems both on the field and off. Speculation begins running rampant that Dylan Raiola - who won 2 NC's and a Heisman at Nebraska before going on to become the #1 pick in the draft and have a successful career in the NFL - was actually the driving force behind the titles. Rhule can never find that magic again, and the Huskers move on after multiple disappointing seasons in a row. Not back to Scott Frost level bad - but uncertainty once again exists for where the Huskers stand in the pecking order of CFB.

Anndd go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.