ADVERTISEMENT

Portal TE from LSU is N!!

YES

this is the way

hope we see him out there on Saturday
giphy.gif

Reactions: V-Doub
Of course IF it's actually true you can immediately play anytime you go to a program as a walk-on and receive whatever NIL the receiving school wants to pay you, it marks a drastic change in all of college football. Any player theoretically could leave any school to join the highest NIL bidder at any time. That's a drastic development for everyone. I can imagine bidding wars going on behind the scenes. You'd think though those NIL contracts would have to contain some sort of enforceable legal restrictions about ability to leave. Not sure if they do or not.

I’ll tell you what likely happened. He’s from St. Louis so he’s pretty much used to the Midwest vibe. Got down to the Bayou, which has some great football and great fans. But ultimately, they are also pretty freaking weird. If you’ve ever spent any time in the deep south, you feel like a fish out of water.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I’ll tell you what likely happened. He’s from St. Louis so he’s pretty much used to the Midwest vibe. Got down to the Bayou, which has some great football and great fans. But ultimately, they are also pretty freaking weird. If you’ve ever spent any time in the deep south, you feel like a fish out of water.
He was probably 4th or 5th string and decided to look for a place that had a better chance to play.

It hasn’t really felt like NU has a TE heavy offense these past several seasons.

Would be interesting to see the stats on targets and completions just for TEs the last five years. Too lazy to look it up tho

Everyone down there is fat

So, why didn't he do this when everyone else did?
the roster limits per the NCAA would likely have something to do with that. We would have had to drop somebody off the practice roster I think to add him before classes started. He's got a month and a half to get up to speed in the offense then we can use him without burning his redshirt.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
When did he enter the transfer portal? I thought it was closed? Or can you just go to another school as a walk on and don't have to use the portal?

It's silly season in college sports.

When did he enter the transfer portal? I thought it was closed? Or can you just go to another school as a walk on and don't have to use the portal?

It's silly season in college sports.
I think a news story said the portal was opened a month or so ago.

I think a news story said the portal was opened a month or so ago.
Thanks. I thought I heard it was closed now and then saw a post that he had entered the portal and was signing with Nebraska that made it sound like those two things happened about the same time.

Looks like a great pickup; but it’s hard to imagine a scenario where he can transfer between programs in August and immediately be eligible.
with today's rules, I don't doubt one bit that he'll be eligible. The portal was open. He started classes and he's never transferred before. He'll be good to go as soon as he learns the offense.

Apparently he didn't enter the transfer portal. He just left LSU and enrolled at Nebraska.
How's that even work? He loses the year either way but just can't play in a game? From what I can tell the last time to enter the portal was the end of April.

Are you sure? That seems crazy. What would stop anyone who loses a position battle from transferring to the rival right before the season?
That's what Callahan and Sipple said. I'm guessing it was because he hadn't started classes yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT