ADVERTISEMENT

Husker to win 30-22

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what was the FPI win% for the Minny game?
According to SI 8 days ago: "FPI prediction: Minnesota has a projected 67.1 percent chance to win the game, compared to Nebraska at 32.9 percent likelihood, according to the College Football Power Index computer model that picks winners by simulating games 20,000 times."

I don't know if we can score 30 points unless we go back to huskers of the old and bully our way to victory on the ground. 90/10 run/pass ratio. I just don't think we have any chance to be consistent through the air with any aspect of our offense. OL/QB/WR...just don't see it.

Obviously only based on one game, but I find it impossible to imagine us scoring as much as 30 points on any but a few opponents this year. Hope this Saturday changes my mind.

Reactions: vs540husker
for the Huskers to pull it out, the score will have to look like an Iowa game.

anything in the 30's is a guaranteed loss

No way we score 30 in this game. If we end up trying to throw the ball to keep up, we lose. We need to control the game and the clock by running the ball and mixing some play action in there just to keep their D honest. Otherwise if we’re one dimensional , we lose.

Reactions: BleedRed78
No way we score 30 in this game. If we end up trying to throw the ball to keep up, we lose. We need to control the game and the clock by running the ball and mixing some play action in there just to keep their D honest. Otherwise if we’re one dimensional , we lose.
What if we run for 400 yards?

Plenty of times we’ve gone into Boulder and won huge without throwing the ball

According to SI 8 days ago: "FPI prediction: Minnesota has a projected 67.1 percent chance to win the game, compared to Nebraska at 32.9 percent likelihood, according to the College Football Power Index computer model that picks winners by simulating games 20,000 times."
Nebraska has a higher likelihood of winning in Boulder than Minnesota had at home. That's interesting. Maybe they are on to something. CU's top RB is out for 3 more weeks while NU is getting many injured players back. Could be the difference.

How long did Sanders/Coaches have to prep for their big coming out party with TCU? 2 weeks? A month? More? This is where the rubber hits the road. They have 1 week to go through the NU tape, they will earn their millions this week. If they can come out and put a good game plan together and beat us, then great. I still wont buy into them until they play a team with an actual pulse though. No idea if TCU was that team right now. I dont think we are either.

I hate when I step on my dick.
me-too-498-x-348-gif-4ll1jsrmew3whngg.gif

I think Nebraska D frustrates CU enough to have make some mistakes. Is our coaching staff smart enough to not step on our dicks is my major question in this game
Not that my dick is designed to be stepped on, but I'll take any of the NU coaches except Pot Roast.

NO WAY we score 30! We know that because we saw the first game. We know all we need to know and we will look exactly the same here forward! 😒Y’all are rediculous.

i don't think so. We have been terrible. Coaching was awful last week. Unfortunately, CU will pull away in the 2nd half. The crowd will be louder than at MINN.
Coaching was better than the Frost years IMO. So what would you consider worse than “awful”?

Hope is this. It's not unusual for an offense to be sluggish in their first game. It's always possible that the Minnesota game, when it's all over, would be our worst of the season. Could be normal, could be our best, yikes to that thought.

I don't know if we can score 30 points unless we go back to huskers of the old and bully our way to victory on the ground. 90/10 run/pass ratio. I just don't think we have any chance to be consistent through the air with any aspect of our offense. OL/QB/WR...just don't see it.
This is the exact model of what we need to do.. Bully our way to victory with a 90% run to pass ratio.

We run for 250+, maybe 125 passing, the D does its job (which has happened most games since Frost left) and we win by 8.

for the Huskers to pull it out, the score will have to look like an Iowa game.

anything in the 30's is a guaranteed loss
Minnesota has a far better defense than either TCU or Colorado. I don’t see 30 as out of the picture. It’lol be tough with what we have at WR right now but maybe they’ll actually get the TE’s involved.

And play calling.
I would have preferred more runs with Ervin but after further review I wasn’t as disappointed with play calls as I was with Sims’ execution. Grant’s fumble wasn’t because of a bad play call. Several blown pass plays were there for big gains if Sims executes like he has in practice. He has to be better against CU IF he throws it.

Reactions: solarpanels
Minnesota has a far better defense than either TCU or Colorado. I don’t see 30 as out of the picture. It’lol be tough with what we have at WR right now but maybe they’ll actually get the TE’s involved.
run defense, maybe. no shot Minnesota has DB's as lethal as Colorado. Huskers need to make use of underneath routes to have a fighting chance in the passing game, Hunter is guaranteed to have a field day if they attack him 1-on-1

• Wow
We will have 2 or 3 times the possessions in this game against a weaker defense. The Buffs won’t sit on the ball.

Days of old. We aren’t there yet/anymore. I still feel Nebraska can win by playing good football.
Based on how TCU was able to run the ball, I don't think we need to be the days of old Nebraska to put up big rushing numbers. If our defense can get a few stops early on, I would not be surprised at all to see us put up 350+ yards on the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT