ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Reporters

HuskerLove1

Sophomore
Sep 22, 2018
I have a serious question.

Why have none of the reporters who cover Husker football ever asked our coaches tough questions?

Is it considered ‘off-limits’ to criticize our coaching staff and/or their decisions?

Why can’t someone flat-out ask Frost about this teams complete lack of discipline, consistency, defensive pressure/scheme, etc.?

These coaches make A LOT more money than the rest of us, yet it seems like they are void of accountability and answering the ‘tough’ questions.

Reactions: Chuck003
A reporter can ask tough questions. It's just a lot tougher to write stories when you're not getting the same access as another outlet that isn't writing critical stories.

Reactions: WHCSC
Nobody is going to pull access from established guys like Sipple, Christopherson, Gabriel, etc.

Because they treat Frost with kid gloves. That is why we are in the position we are in now. He needs to be held accountable and is not. We will be asking the same shit in 3 years.

I have a serious question.

Why have none of the reporters who cover Husker football ever asked our coaches tough questions?

Is it considered ‘off-limits’ to criticize our coaching staff and/or their decisions?

Why can’t someone flat-out ask Frost about this teams complete lack of discipline, consistency, defensive pressure/scheme, etc.?

These coaches make A LOT more money than the rest of us, yet it seems like they are void of accountability and answering the ‘tough’ questions.

It will come. It will take longer than it did for Pelini (cause he was an asshole) and Riley (he wasn't an NU guy). But, if this product continues to grace the field at NU, Frost will be front and center at some very difficult press conferences.

Because it's pointless. Do you think a coach is actually going to answer such a stupid question?

Reactions: headcard
The fans are the ones that need to hold the product accountable. Not the guys whose livelihoods are on the line.

Reactions: frydaze
Stop blaming the media.

If you think they handle Frost with kid gloves it's because it's what the fans created. Frost was hailed as the savior by the fans when he arrived and the media bought in.

Reactions: American Horse
Because it's pointless. Do you think a coach is actually going to answer such a stupid question?
Stupid question?

What about holding someone responsible and accountable for the product they produce is ‘stupid’? Does your boss allow you fail over and over without questioning the methods you’re imploring?? This staff makes a ridiculous amount of money, and if anything they should be held to MUCH higher standards than us common folk.

Stupid question?

What about holding someone responsible and accountable for the product they produce is ‘stupid’? Does your boss allow you fail over and over without questioning the methods you’re imploring?? This staff makes a ridiculous amount of money, and if anything they should be held to MUCH higher standards than us common folk.
The media is not Frost's boss. Moos and those higher up the chain are the only bosses Frost has.

If I was a reporter, I'd try to interview Tom, knowing he likely wouldn't agree to it. Then, I'd also interview Bo, from a defensive perspective, knowing he likely wouldn't agree to it either, but I'd certainly be trying to get some outside explanation for why things are going south.. It is by doing this, that it might force Scott into a corner where he makes a change.

Scott is playing a dangerous game here, as he feels he can just do things as he wants, his way.. and I just don't see that being allowed for too much longer. They are not going to just sit by and watch the program implode. Maybe another year? like I said, this is a dangerous thing.. I guess it can't get worse, or can it?

Reactions: Chuck003
Because they treat Frost with kid gloves. That is why we are in the position we are in now. He needs to be held accountable and is not. We will be asking the same shit in 3 years.

Pelini was never asked a difficult question by the press the entire time he was here. Nor was Riley. That's not how the establishment works in Lincoln.

Frost called his team "dumbass stupid" at halftime, you think he isn't trying to establish accountability? Their hands are tied in a lot of ways right now as a staff, doesn't mean Chinander is the next Wade Phillips, but all the screaming for heads to roll is still premature :rolleyes:

EDIT: I see Frost, unprompted by media, said the pass-rush is unacceptable. But yeah, we definitely need reporters to ask questions he's pretty much already addressing on his own.

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
Welcome to reality. You lose credentials if you get tough.

Exactly this. The attitude is, you tote the company line or you GTFO. The media is not there to scrutinize. They are there to copy/paste the message communicated by the athletic department. If you ask me, that attitude still persists at Nebraska, which is a BIG part of the problem. There are some very highly-paid people in the athletic department, and they have gotten very big heads, since they are pretty much the big celebrities in pokey little Lincoln, Nebraska. So they strut around thinking they are hot shit, when in fact they are barely performing even the most basic aspects of their job at an acceptable level.

well I'm not afraid to say that either the DC needs to go or change the effin scheme, because these players can't do it properly, they have ZERO chance of sustained success trying. and IMO, if the coach won't sit the bad apples, lazy and don't cares - then he needs to get out! and don't BS us with this "effort is there" garbage. I know what I see, if they can't win 1v1 or break a 1v2 then they need to look at a lower division, this isn't for them.
they just made the Indiana backup look like Joe Freaking Montana today!

Husker reporters have a tough job. Basically it’s the same narrative every week:

Monday - Best practice yet. No changes in the depth chart.

Tuesday - Defense worked on details. Looking great #daybyday

Wednesday- offense looked good. Won’t tell you who is starting this weekend at QB.

Thursday - No word on QB situation

Friday - Keys to beat the next opponent. No word on QB situation.

Saturday - Sellout continues. Team is ready to go. Best practices of the week!

Sunday - Nebraska losses again! lacks leadership and playmakers. This is Riley’s fault.

Repeat..

Husker reporters have a tough job. Basically it’s the same narrative every week:

Monday - Best practice yet. No changes in the depth chart.

Tuesday - Defense worked on details. Looking great #daybyday

Wednesday- offense looked good. Won’t tell you who is starting this weekend at QB.

Thursday - No word on QB situation

Friday - Keys to beat the next opponent. No word on QB situation.

Saturday - Sellout continues. Team is ready to go. Best practices of the week!

Sunday - Nebraska losses again! lacks leadership and playmakers. This is Riley’s fault.

Repeat..

why does it matter, as a fan, who the starting QB is, honestly? Especially when we learned today that we have three that can actually play, which the VAST majority of college teams cannot say

why does it matter, as a fan, who the starting QB is, honestly? Especially when we learned today that we have three that can actually play, which the VAST majority of college teams cannot say

And we still came away with a big fat L.

I care because I’m a believer that a healthy AM will give us the best chance to win. His full year of experience is invaluable imo.

Reactions: bigboxes
And we still came away with a big fat L.

I care because I’m a believer that a healthy AM will give us the best chance to win. His full year of experience is invaluable imo.

I agree on AM, but it still does not matter when a starting qb is named and whether or not they want to divulge their starting lineup to the media.

Stupid question?

Do you think the coaches are actually going to change anything due to a media reporter asking a question? The coaches need to hold themselves accountable and figure out what needs to be changed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT