ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Baseball

Huskers were on a tear scoring runs coming into the NDSU game as well and a lower level team shut the Huskers down.
Befuddling. Was it one of those days where their starting pitcher had amazing stuff and his breaking balls were really biting or were we pressing to hard?

Befuddling. Was it one of those days where their starting pitcher had amazing stuff and his breaking balls were really biting or were we pressing to hard?
Spotted them plenty in the first inning for sure

we’ve now lost to UNO twice, Creighton, N Dakota St and S Dakota St in these midweek matchups. Teams might stub their toe once or twice in matchups like this but this is ridiculous. All these midweek pitchers from lower level schools suddenly have amazing stuff against us. Someone needs to wake their a$$es up from their entitled slumber. Take a page from Tim Miles and lock them out of their facilities for a while.

we’ve now lost to UNO twice, Creighton, N Dakota St and S Dakota St in these midweek matchups. Teams might stub their toe once or twice in matchups like this but this is ridiculous. All these midweek pitchers from lower level schools suddenly have amazing stuff against us. Someone needs to wake their a$$es up from their entitled slumber. Take a page from Tim Miles and lock them out of their facilities for a while.
Agree and bad part is when the better teams lose these games, many times they are resting their starters as post season is a lock for them. Hell Shit 10 tournament isnt even a lock for the Huskers. Nebraska has to win those games. Nebraska nearly has to use their ace for midweek games. You can afford to lose 1 conference game per series but these midweek games are against shit teams and you cant afford to lose them. Should have cancelled baseball when we moved to this conference if the admins didnt care if we didnt make the post season.

I kinda rolled my eyes at Boldt saying they were having "selfish at-bats" not taking their walks, etc. Here come the excuses. Sets the weekend up nicely for us to see a lot of Huskers striking out looking because Coach is mad that they're not taking walks.

I kinda rolled my eyes at Boldt saying they were having "selfish at-bats" not taking their walks, etc. Here come the excuses. Sets the weekend up nicely for us to see a lot of Huskers striking out looking because Coach is mad that they're not taking walks.
The easiest thing for a fan to do is blame the coach. At times it sounds and looks like these guys can play. Then the next game they’ve got their heads up their asses. Reminds me of what an old women’s college basketball coach said about his team. “They’re pretty good and then they all get their period at once.”

Reactions: OzzyLvr
The easiest thing for a fan to do is blame the coach. At times it sounds and looks like these guys can play. Then the next game they’ve got their heads up their asses. Reminds me of what an old women’s college basketball coach said about his team. “They’re pretty good and then they all get their period at once.”
And men???🤔😉

Reactions: Baxter48
so much for baseball......just horrible... gave up 38 runs to Maryland this series. Cancel baseball and fund some womens sport...they seem to do so much better then the mens teams.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
The BIG has only had 2 teams in the CWS the last 10 times it has been played (out of 80 teams)

Kent state and Stony Brook have each qualified once during this time

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
Michigan was runner up in 2019. Ohio State winner in 1966. Big Ten has 5 CWS championships. None since 1966.

We are mediocre on the weekends but does Bolt care about midweek games?

You would think for the guy that has stated the next step is hosting a regional he would….but then again this program is not even close to being in position to be a team/program to host a regional.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Crayton wins the suspended game. Lol this team echos the gutless coaches.
C’mon now

It’s easy to blame the coaches when the team sucks, we have no players now or incoming and our lesser opponents shove it up our asses multiple times per week

We need NIL money to compete with the creightons, UNOs, directional dakotas of the world!

C’mon now

It’s easy to blame the coaches when the team sucks, we have no players now or incoming and our lesser opponents shove it up our asses multiple times per week

We need NIL money to compete with the creightons, UNOs, directional dakotas of the world!
I swear, the big ten as a conference drags teams down.

Flip a coin, because every Big Ten baseball team might as well be the same exact team.

Reactions: SaladTossingHawkeye
No, we got 3 outs on the same play to end either the 7th or the 8th.
He was talking about the suspended game. We had bases loaded with no outs and we hit a sac fly and then hit into a double play to only net 1 run.

In the 2nd game, we did get three outs on the same play when we were on defense

Good enough to make the supers?
Well they’ve won like 22 straight conference series and are ranked in the top 25. But then they just lost their midweek game to Northeasterm last night. As usual it all depends on matchups but sure hell why not. They are definitely the flag bearers of this crap baseball conference until the California teams show up

Well they’ve won like 22 straight conference series and are ranked in the top 25. But then they just lost their midweek game to Northeasterm last night. As usual it all depends on matchups but sure hell why not. They are definitely the flag bearers of this crap baseball conference until the California teams show up
If I'm in Maryland's position, I would not give a crap about midweek games and instead focus all my pitching resources on conference play. They are in good shape to secure a regional bid, probably as a #2 seed, whether or not they win the Big Ten Tournament.

That's where you would hope to find Husker baseball this time of year. But sadly they are nowhere close.

If I'm in Maryland's position, I would not give a crap about midweek games and instead focus all my pitching resources on conference play. They are in good shape to secure a regional bid, probably as a #2 seed, whether or not they win the Big Ten Tournament.

That's where you would hope to find Husker baseball this time of year. But sadly they are nowhere close.
I will add that Northeastern has a pretty decent team themselves. Their HC will probably be moving up to a better gig soon.

Honest question...what is Childress' role on this team? It's hard to believe a team that has on staff arguably the best pitching coach in America for a while is this bad on the mound. Is Childress Trev's Plan B for head coach if things goes off the rails?

On 1620, Sipple was shocked at the turn of events because he said Bolt is a Van Horn clone. Maybe his style doesn't resonate with today's players?

Honest question...what is Childress' role on this team? It's hard to believe a team that has on staff arguably the best pitching coach in America for a while is this bad on the mound. Is Childress Trev's Plan B for head coach if things goes off the rails?

On 1620, Sipple was shocked at the turn of events because he said Bolt is a Van Horn clone. Maybe his style doesn't resonate with today's players?
I think that it was premature to annoint Will Bolt as a Dave Van Horn clone.

Childress' official title is Director of Player Development. Outside of that, I have no idea what his day-to-day role is. I may be too simple-minded about this stuff, but it seems like if the other coaches were doing their job, you wouldn't need such a position.

I think that it was premature to annoint Will Bolt as a Dave Van Horn clone.
It started when he was a player.

He might be fine if he brought in an actual, experienced pitching coach and gave them full control of all in-game decisions/changes, and was maybe more involved in the offense ala actually coaching in the third base box.

Or maybe not, but it's worth trying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT