ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Sallis

Hunter can't really shoot well enough to play for Creighton. He would probably fit best in a Tim Miles type hero ball system.

Unless Alexander declares, don’t see Hunter going to Creighton to be a reserve.

That's what I've been saying over and over, he's no leaving Gonzaga to sit on the bench at Krayton... not happening unless a starting spot opens up at Krayton

I kind of figure somebody is leaving between schiermann, kaluma, Alexander, or nembhard.

I kind of figure somebody is leaving between schiermann, kaluma, Alexander, or nembhard.
You would think so, but I don't think anyone from Creighton will get drafted. Alexander is probably their best player, but is too much of a tweener to attract a lot of NBA interest. Kaluma has a lot of things NBA teams look for, but I just don't think he's performed well enough to get picked this year. Sheiermann might opt to go make some money in Europe or Asia.

You would think so, but I don't think anyone from Creighton will get drafted. Alexander is probably their best player, but is too much of a tweener to attract a lot of NBA interest. Kaluma has a lot of things NBA teams look for, but I just don't think he's performed well enough to get picked this year. Sheiermann might opt to go make some money in Europe or Asia.
Schierman is projected to be drafted in every mock I've seen

Schierman is projected to be drafted in every mock I've seen

Yeah Scheierman will be a mid-to-late 2nd round pick. I doubt he will come back. He's already old by NBA Draft standards. 5th-year-seniors don't get drafted in the 1st round, so there would be no reason for him to come back to Creighton...he's not going to improve his draft stock.

Although college players don't always project to the pros, Kalkbrenner is Creighton's best player by far. I agree on Kaluma. He kind of went backward this year.

Sallis is apparently meeting with Fred on Sunday, yet he doesn't include Nebraska on the list of 13 schools he's receiving interest from.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Would guess Michigan would be out of the running now after landing Caleb Love since I doubt he'd transfer to go back up a chucking point guard.
I think Coach Howard is starting to feel some pressure.

Can't punch other coaches and miss the dance...

Love is a big time chucker BUT will have a few games that he wins on his own.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Sallis is apparently meeting with Fred on Sunday, yet he doesn't include Nebraska on the list of 13 schools he's receiving interest from.

Sallis is listening to our pitch, but also wants to ensure we have a roster that can go to the tourney. Hence the highs and lows of the portal. Not many teams you can go portaling to and get a guaranteed starting position that also has a tourney type roster. Especially the way Hunter shoots.

• Haha
Reactions: TheNewNU
He's after the bag that Scheirmann got.
Baylor left a small school with little national exposure opportunities to pursue major D1 basketball and got a bag in the process. I’m sure he got better offers than Creighton. Nembhard is leaving a potential preseason top 10 team that went to the elite 8 where he averages 34 mins a game purely because of dollars. The two situations are no where close to the same.

Reactions: Huskers4420
Jay fans thought he was a lotto pick!
I don’t see any way he gets drafted. Some compare him to Jabari Walker from Colorado, who was the next-to-last pick in last year’s draft and made the Blazers’ roster. But Walker was a rebounding machine in college. Kaluma rebounds when he feels like it.

I don’t see any way he gets drafted. Some compare him to Jabari Walker from Colorado, who was the next-to-last pick in last year’s draft and made the Blazers’ roster. But Walker was a rebounding machine in college. Kaluma rebounds when he feels like it.
Nope...Jay fans said it was going to happen!

30 years ago, Kofi is a lotto pick.

Present day...dude is lucky to be playing where he is. I have no idea how he is doing in Japan, average I would imagine, while probably slaying tons of Jap-Beave.

I am not a fanboy...I am normal.
You mean every single Illini fan on the face of the Earth didn't think he was a lottery pick?

World gone mad.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
You mean every single Illini fan on the face of the Earth didn't think he was a lottery pick?

World gone mad.
Correct. They all thought he was better off staying in school and at best they thought super super late 2nd round. Everyone. I polled them all.

So, clearly you. made my point for me...There are idiot Illini fans and many many idiot Jay fans...There are many Jay fans that thought they had 2 (two) lotto picks on this years team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT