ADVERTISEMENT

How does college athletics look in 2 to 5 years?

LandoPower

Assistant Head Coach
Aug 1, 2018
The NCAA is getting sued from every angle. Athletes suing for Revenue sharing. States suing for immediate transfer policies. Former and current athletes suing for Title 9 not being followed. Now former athletes suing for not being paid. Also the NCAA President coming out and saying schools should pay athletes.

I'll tell you how it looks: It looks like Coach Rhule and the Husk are going for the 3-peat....with the added revenue from all our success and the Memorial Stadium project complete, Trev announces he's putting in a retractable dome and a HD screen that makes Jerry World's look small. We have to turn 5-star recruits away simply because we don't have room for them all and finally, we run the fullback trap at least 3 times a game

I'll tell you how it looks: It looks like Coach Rhule and the Husk are going for the 3-peat....with the added revenue from all our success and the Memorial Stadium project complete, Trev announces he's putting in a retractable dome and a HD screen that makes Jerry World's look small. We have to turn 5-star recruits away simply because we don't have room for them all and finally, we run the fullback trap at least 3 times a game
And the Scarlets all look like the OP's pic and dress sluttier than they do now.

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
And the Scarlets all look like the OP's pic and dress sluttier than they do now.
hawk-harrelson-yes.gif

^^^^ this is likely a description as anything

When I think of the recent past and I harken back to the epic 9 win season by Mike Riley I just can't say much. Would have won the division but lost to Wisconsin in overtime. Went 9-3 in regular season and lost in the Music City Bowl to Tennessee. I have no memory of that game. Not much later we wanted to put Riley in the stockade.
Hard to believe we despised his performance as much as we did. For the love of God the man won a bowl game.
Problem is, he wasn't that bad, but he wasnt that good either.

Last edited:
When I think of the recent past and I harken back to the epic 9 win season by Mike Riley I just can't say much. Would have won the division but lost to Wisconsin in overtime. Went 9-3 in regular season and lost in the Music City Bowl to Tennessee. I have no memory of that game. Not much later we wanted to put Riley in the stockade.
Hard to believe we despised his performance as much as we did. For the love of God the man won a bowl game.
He was worse than Frost, IMHO, and that’s hard to say. Frost had a way of losing by one score in epic fashion. Riley got us blown the f*ck out, repeatedly. And he didn’t just piss down his leg recruiting better players, he sold out for shit talent. Left the cupboard bare, like Solich. Cupboard is still admittedly pretty bare, but because we haven’t used NIL hardly at all, YET. Better days ahead. We’ll find out in a big hurry, at least…

Frost was a huge disappointment, but I think he’d earned the chance we gave him. Riley was just a huge mistake from day 1. Trojan horse served up by our Trojan horse AD.

Riley sucked. End of story.

To clean up the transfer portal mayhem a bit, they should just eliminate the grad transfer rule since they now implemented the one time free transfer. Now it’s essentially 2 transfers for everyone because you can play four games and redshirt. Just make it one free transfer and that’s it. Would clean things up for sure.

Reactions: Bugeater
The NCAA is getting sued from every angle. Athletes suing for Revenue sharing. States suing for immediate transfer policies. Former and current athletes suing for Title 9 not being followed. Now former athletes suing for not being paid. Also the NCAA President coming out and saying schools should pay athletes.
I really hope these non-revenue sports aren’t planning on getting paid 😄

Reactions: HuskerDrew
He was worse than Frost, IMHO, and that’s hard to say. Frost had a way of losing by one score in epic fashion. Riley got us blown the f*ck out, repeatedly. And he didn’t just piss down his leg recruiting better players, he sold out for shit talent. Left the cupboard bare, like Solich. Cupboard is still admittedly pretty bare, but because we haven’t used NIL hardly at all, YET. Better days ahead. We’ll find out in a big hurry, at least…

Frost was a huge disappointment, but I think he’d earned the chance we gave him. Riley was just a huge mistake from day 1. Trojan horse served up by our Trojan horse AD.
Frost's best years were with Riley's guys. Left the cupboard bare, lol.

Frost may have lost close games vs Riley's blowout losses (except for Frost vs 2018-Michigan, Wisconsin, Purdue. 2019-Ohio St, Minnesota, Wisconsin. 2020-Ohio St, Illinois AND Riley vs 2015-BYU, Miami(FL), Illinois, Wisconsin, NW, Iowa. 2016-Wisconsin. 2017- Oregon, N. Illinois, NW), but at least Riley actually won games.

I'm not sure how winning fewer games = being a better coach than your predecessor?

Reactions: Dean Pope
NFL will step in and require strict sanctions by the NCAA because less talent is heading to the league and staying in school. NFL will start to lose money and heads will roll at the college level.

Frost's best years were with Riley's guys. Left the cupboard bare, lol.

Frost may have lost close games vs Riley's blowout losses (except for Frost vs 2018-Michigan, Wisconsin, Purdue. 2019-Ohio St, Minnesota, Wisconsin. 2020-Ohio St, Illinois AND Riley vs 2015-BYU, Miami(FL), Illinois, Wisconsin, NW, Iowa. 2016-Wisconsin. 2017- Oregon, N. Illinois, NW), but at least Riley actually won games.

I'm not sure how winning fewer games = being a better coach than your predecessor?
Eh. I mean we’ve had nothing to measure ‘success’ by since Cally and the talent he actually brought to the team… depends on what you wanna see. Everyone likes winning, but Riley seemed like he was planted to destroy the program, after Bo. Just systematically and purposefully made us a team of Betas. Frost tried and failed because he got paid like God and stopped trying. Would take Frost back over Riley in a millisecond if they were our only two choices. Bo over Solich and Cally over any of them. And obviously none of them were good enough.

We’re debating whose shit stank the worst. Lame debate. Let’s hope our program gives our Current Regime the tools it needs to succeed. We may have the coaching, but we lack the Talent, and that’s what’s been lacking since Cally.

Reactions: dpnavy
I hope it all goes down in flames and you guys get what you want...which is NFL Jr.
It is a farce, it's not about getting an education at a place you've dreamed about and worked hard to go to and the pride of representing that school by participating in athletics.
I know it's hilarious someone could even think that garbage right? How out of touch and moronic. Loser mentality.
I want to see literal kids in grade school being tossed around and used like prostitutes while twitting in Gucci purses and huge gaudy blinged out watches. Highest bidder!
That's the kind of fun reality we all want right coliseum dwellers?

Ashley?

Eh. I mean we’ve had nothing to measure ‘success’ by since Cally and the talent he actually brought to the team… depends on what you wanna see. Everyone likes winning, but Riley seemed like he was planted to destroy the program, after Bo. Just systematically and purposefully made us a team of Betas. Frost tried and failed because he got paid like God and stopped trying. Would take Frost back over Riley in a millisecond if they were our only two choices. Bo over Solich and Cally over any of them. And obviously none of them were good enough.

We’re debating whose shit stank the worst. Lame debate. Let’s hope our program gives our Current Regime the tools it needs to succeed. We may have the coaching, but we lack the Talent, and that’s what’s been lacking since Cally.
What makes you believe Frost tried and Riley didn't?

Riley brought in to "destroy" the program still did better than Frost who was "trying" to resurrect it, LOL!!

I hope it all goes down in flames and you guys get what you want...which is NFL Jr.
It is a farce, it's not about getting an education at a place you've dreamed about and worked hard to go to and the pride of representing that school by participating in athletics.
I know it's hilarious someone could even think that garbage right? How out of touch and moronic. Loser mentality.
I want to see literal kids in grade school being tossed around and used like prostitutes while twitting in Gucci purses and huge gaudy blinged out watches. Highest bidder!
This reminds me of the old lady on the board of Callahan Auto in Tommy Boy..."that's when the whores come in..."

Hey I hated it as much as anybody. But I've evolved... Embrace the portal!

What makes you believe Frost tried and Riley didn't?

Riley brought in to "destroy" the program still did better than Frost who was "trying" to resurrect it, LOL!!
This is what I’m opining, exactly. Folks here somehow respect Riley whilst demonizing HCSF… NEITHER did us any favors. I’m not trying to put a shine on Frost, but Riley is no more welcome back in our stadium than any other former coach. Just sayin.

I'm always shocked at how some people on here love Callahan. You must have been watching a different coach because I thought he sucked. He brought in some talent sure, but so did Solich and Callahan was still recruiting within a couple years of a title game appearance.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

NFL will step in and require strict sanctions by the NCAA because less talent is heading to the league and staying in school. NFL will start to lose money and heads will roll at the college level.
I disagree. If you simplify the discussion to just the QB position, the NFL's biggest problem is QB play. There aren't enough good starting QBs and there's a serious drop off in back up play after that. There's a serious need for QB depth. Bill Parcells used to require among other things that the best QBs (superstar prospects excluded) should be seniors or college graduates with three years of starting experience. So the NCAA could finally be that minor league development system that the NFL has always needed. The NFL needs more Brock Purdys and fewer QBs who come out too early and never develop.

This is what I’m opining, exactly. Folks here somehow respect Riley whilst demonizing HCSF… NEITHER did us any favors. I’m not trying to put a shine on Frost, but Riley is no more welcome back in our stadium than any other former coach. Just sayin.
Who respects Riley here? No one wishes he were back here, many didn't want him hired here in the first place when he arrived, very few thought he okay here.

I think people demonize both Frost & Riley.

The only argument I'm making against what you said is the Frost was better than Riley. I know we can agree that both were crap, just which was one less crappier? The answer is Riley because he won more games.

Honestly, I don’t think I’ll recognize College Football. It’s becoming more like the NFL (which I detest).

College Football was at its best in the 1990s imo. The Huskers were obviously great and the Florida schools were on the top of their game. Not a fan of Colorado but they were legit and Kansas State also. I miss the Big 8 and the showdown with Oklahoma each year. Glad to be alive to witness the games as a kid and through early adulthood. It’s not the same.

At this point, I think I would support congress repealing the Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961 and allowing the NFL to play televised games on Saturdays during the college football season - if college football wants to be super-greedy and big business, then maybe it should be treated like a true big business and no longer be protected against its biggest threat (I know I certainly would watch any NFL game over any non-Nebraska college game).

I'm always shocked at how some people on here love Callahan. You must have been watching a different coach because I thought he sucked. He brought in some talent sure, but so did Solich and Callahan was still recruiting within a couple years of a title game appearance.
Cally was by far the most effective recruiter than anyone since Osborne. Solich needed to retire when Osborne did, step aside. They made a mistake getting rid of Bo

what do you call 20,000 lawyers under the sea?
and who said you could post one of my girlfriends on here?

His handling of the ‘media’ was expert and perfect, and he’s the best actual ‘coach’ we’ve had since Osborne. Hands Down.
Pelini isn’t a better coach than Callahan

Not in the same galaxy

Pelini isn’t a better coach than Callahan

Not in the same galaxy
Head coach? What is so great about Callahan? People on here love him. I thought he was just another guy running the program into the ground. People love to talk about his recruiting and obviously Suh was huge, but Solich with his shitty recruiting was also producing high draft picks too.

Reactions: oldjar07
Head coach? What is so great about Callahan? People on here love him. I thought he was just another guy running the program into the ground. People love to talk about his recruiting and obviously Suh was huge, but Solich with his shitty recruiting was also producing high draft picks too.
Coach in general

I can't think of one good thing about the Callahan years and his coaching except recruiting Suh.
He’s widely regarded as one of the best OL coaches on the planet

His career after NU carried on with few or no gaps

Bo got fired, went home, got fired again and will never see another sideline

That’s what I meant when I said Callahan is a “better coach in general”

Reactions: Huskers123456
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT