ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers return to the vault as 3 point favorites against NW

So almost any loss in conference is gonna ding us in the negative than any win other than Purdue will be positive? That's not a good combo when you figure in the really bad non conference schedule. I would think 22 wins would get them a 10 seed or maybe that 11 v 11 play - in game thing

Reactions: viewfromthebooth
So almost any loss in conference is gonna ding us in the negative than any win other than Purdue will be positive? That's not a good combo when you figure in the really bad non conference schedule. I would think 22 wins would get them a 10 seed or maybe that 11 v 11 play - in game thing
The total wins is an interesting thing. 20 wins before conference tourney puts us at 10-10 in conference. It's not tough to see 8+ teams being 11-9 to 9-11 as current standings look. 11-9 could have you not playing until Friday or possibly being on wrong end of tiebreaker and getting a bad matchup on Thursday. And heck 9-11 could put you in a Wednesday game.

It would be nice had NU not blown huge leads at MN and Rutgers. That would be two road wins in the bank. NU s going to have to find at least 1 road win this season; and if they drop any at home, they need to win another on the road to offset it.

In Summary - they need to be AT LEAST 11-9 in the league to get in. They may need to (gulp) win a conference tournament game for good measure.

Oh - and it would help if KSU and MSU keep winning enough to keep those as Q1 wins.

The interesting thing is that a win Tuesday could be huge (another quad 1 win) and at the same time a loss could have little significance. There's still so many games left to be played. We should continue to speculate because it's great we have a team that has a good path the tournament, but in reality we know much until early February. I do think the Wisconsin is going to have a No Sit Saturday fell to it. And also know that if we can get Keita back in February that will be a big addition even if he only plays 10 minutes a game.

I hate to be the "one game at a time" guy, but I couldn't care less about looking at the schedule to try and figure out how many wins we need. I'm just looking forward to the next month of games that matter. I'll see where it shakes out when we get there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT