ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers return to the vault as 3 point favorites against NW

Slow down, Speed Racer. Too much time left, but I do like your confidence.
Speed Racer doesn't slow down ... Speed Racer WINS!!!!
tumblr_mvro6jSlfZ1scd4jmo1_400.gif

speed-racer-driver.gif

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
When the big 10 looks at the film, how can they justify so many blatantly missed fouls??? On several of those the defender literally doesn’t touch the ball..its all arm/wrist.
It’s barnyard ball. I was gonna say ghetto ball but it’s even more brutal than that. Then they bailed out Bouie on a drive where he lost the ball jumping sideways into a defender. Guys travel on almost every possession. It’s a joke. A 6’11” buddy of mine that played professionally overseas for a dozen years says he can’t watch basketball today because of how it’s officiated.

Man they take some bad shots late in the game, luckily one went down
Most of those were due to the “prevent offense” that only makes the opponent play D for a few seconds. Fine to take a little time off the clock when you have a lead, but this was ridiculous.

Reactions: regionsdoc
Nah. Fred’s players are taking care of the ball like middle schoolers. Mast was brutal today in that regard.

Most of those were due to the “prevent offense” that only makes the opponent play D for a few seconds. Fine to take a little time off the clock when you have a lead, but this was ridiculous.
Yeah, but my point stands, Tominaga bailed them out with 7 points in the last 2 mins including 2/4 shooting, 1 trey and 2/2 from FT line.

Reactions: Wasker77
Mast got clobbered on that bunny. Tomonaga fortunately got the put back.
I don't think Fred wants Mast dribbling behind his back when he brings the ball up. Mast and Allick need to learn to go straight up with power and then lay the ball gently off the glass. On the shot you pointed out if Mast used his left hand, he would have a cleaner shot. I would have Mast and Allick doing the old George Mikan drill every practice. Left side of basket lay-in off the glass with left hand off right foot then switch over to right side using right hand off left foot. This move should be as natural as lacing up your shoes. Allick had inside position a couple of times near the basket and instead of going straight-up he resorts to throwing ball fakes.

Yeah, but my point stands, Tominaga bailed them out with 7 points in the last 2 mins including 2/4 shooting, 1 trey and 2/2 from FT line.
Tominaga was clutch but the same kind of shots he takes now is what drove us crazy his first year at NU. He takes some really crazy shots but makes enough.

Reactions: MargotDeeper
I don't think Fred wants Mast dribbling behind his back when he brings the ball up. Mast and Allick need to learn to go straight up with power and then lay the ball gently off the glass. On the shot you pointed out if Mast used his left hand, he would have a cleaner shot. I would have Mast and Allick doing the old George Mikan drill every practice. Left side of basket lay-in off the glass with left hand off right foot then switch over to right side using right hand off left foot. This move should be as natural as lacing up your shoes. Allick had inside position a couple of times near the basket and instead of going straight-up he resorts to throwing ball fakes.
Some of it was that they’re getting mugged around the bucket. It’s brutal. NW’s one big man weighs in at 285. We just can’t hold our own in the paint and Mast isn’t small.

Reactions: Wasker77
I am waiting for a couple things from Fred. An authoritative presence in games once in awhile…and a play drawn up on a whiteboard, during a time out, that works.
He’s had plays work out of timeouts. Maybe not enough but some. He also was riding the refs today. Hi thought he was going to get T’d up a couple of times. That does you no good.

I am waiting for a couple things from Fred. An authoritative presence in games once in awhile…and a play drawn up on a whiteboard, during a time out, that works.
He’s had plays work out of timeouts. Maybe not enough but some. He also was riding the refs today. Hi thought he was going to get T’d up a couple of times. That does you no good.
I think what Zane is saying is he wants to see Fred do some Alpha male complaining, not whine like a beta to the refs, which they HATE!

Fred absolutely MUST get a true point guard in the transfer portal for next year. Offer Chucky a multi-million-dollar NIL deal to transfer here or something. Lawrence is not a point guard.

I think what Zane is saying is he wants to see Fred do some Alpha male complaining, not whine like a beta to the refs, which they HATE!
Yeah I don’t need to see our head coach lose his cool. I don’t think it helps your team in the long run. IMO Fred will get more calls as time goes on IF he can put better players on the floor. I also think Kasei’s theatrics probably keeps some calls from going his way.

• Wow
Reactions: MargotDeeper
Yeah I don’t need to see our head coach lose his cool. I don’t think it helps your team in the long run. IMO Fred will get more calls as time goes on IF he can put better players on the floor. I also think Kasei’s theatrics probably keeps some calls from going his way.
Yeah, I agree, he and Nebraska will gain respect at home with the record they're building. With that said, Fred should demand some of that respect like a male gorilla, not like that bitch Fran from Io_a.

I don’t think the BIG tries to screw Nebraska, but somehow there are so many calls only one way when the exact thing happens on the opposite end in an even worse fashion.

I have maintained for a few years now that B1G refs call games according to a team’s “perceived” historical type of play. Especially when it comes to inside play. B1G has been known for physicality in the lane, so the bias is to allow that more from certain teams. Nebraska has never been known for any style of play so they are always working against a stereotype. The preconceived bias is worth anywhere from 5-10 points a game many times, especially close games. Hard to take the next step and get to the next level in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT