ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers @ NW

John_J_Rambo

Offensive Coordinator
Jan 10, 2020
seems like a good shot at an elusive B1G road win. hope they come out firing!

Boy they are draining 3's. You can discuss the roster limitations we have this year all you want, but the atrocious free throw shooting is what kills us.

I hope not but this game is not going to go the Huskers way. We r slow on defense, missing layups and not playing team offense. We have a hard time playing hard and together 2 or 3 games in a row. I will keep watching hoping for a comeback

Tough to beat a team especially on the road when they shot over 50% from the arch..

Oh my...Refs. Call nothing for Cam on the drive and then a ghost foul on Burke with 3 seconds left. What a clutch 3 by Mack. The bank is open. Wildcats look like us at the line thankfully

What would make the color analyst vehemently announce on air that the ref made the right no-call?

I just don't get anyone who sides with human error.

Just shortly before this, color analyst Bardo made a comment that he didn't like one of the replay decisions. Said they pay good money for the refs to make a decision. The B1G doesn't pay enough, obviously.

Unfortunately that’s life on the road in college bb. If you’re not a good enough ref to make 2 calls late in the game you need to go find something thing else to do

I'm beginning to detect a pattern. Bad game, good game, bad game, good game, bad game, etc.
Well we've already had more "good games" than I expected this year. Just take them when we can get them and don't worry about the record. I didn't get to watch or listen today. After seeing the half time score I was surprised it got that close. NU must have played some D that second half.

Reactions: HuskersNC
It wasn't just that Purdue beat Michigan State. They destroyed MS in that first half. I didn't see how it ended up score wise, but man Purdue put it on them early. :confused: Some of it is just match ups but a lot of it seems to be with the emphasis on 3 point shooting its whether or not a team is consistent from the perimeter.

Reactions: headcard
It wasn't just that Purdue beat Michigan State. They destroyed MS in that first half. I didn't see how it ended up score wise, but man Purdue put it on them early. :confused: Some of it is just match ups but a lot of it seems to be with the emphasis on 3 point shooting its whether or not a team is consistent from the perimeter.
Excellent point, and what's amazing is that teams that SHOULD be dominating in the paint are still living and dying behind the 3 point line. I get Nebraska cranking up 50% of their shots from three, a lot of other teams I don't.

I'm starting to get what Hoiberg is trying to do, and he draws up some great plays. Our maddening inability to hit open jumpers, FTs and layups will haunt us all year. Some games we'll shoot well enough to stay with Duke, some days we'll shoot poorly enough to lose to a high school team.

Reactions: dinglefritz
This is a building year, and I am already impressed by the Huskers. I feel like if Miles was the coach we might win 5 games this year, instead it is going to be a crap shoot, but the headman has us headed in the right direction. I might be wrong, but I feel like for once we actually have someone at the helm that knows what the heck is going on.

This is a building year, and I am already impressed by the Huskers. I feel like if Miles was the coach we might win 5 games this year, instead it is going to be a crap shoot, but the headman has us headed in the right direction. I might be wrong, but I feel like for once we actually have someone at the helm that knows what the heck is going on.
I think it's pretty obvious that Fred and his staff are an upgrade to Miles and his staff from an x's and o's standpoint. Recruiting to me appears to be improved as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT