ADVERTISEMENT

Hoieskers travel to Rutgers as big 13 point dog

Yeah, I feel like we get blown out tonight. We suck on the road, they are great at home and I just don't have a great feeling. We maybe come close to covering the spread if they continue to keep Wilcher on the bench.

What may make a difference is whether NU can play both Walker and Keita at the same time. That was a good match up in personnel against Wisky, but not as familiar with Rutgers line-up. And apparently Keita is healthier these days. Initial key factor is whether we play through Walker at the high post and get some cuts to the basket and/or allow him to drive -- or whether we fall back into "chuck up 3s" mode.

Reactions: scarletred
our boys are the 5th worst team in the country against the spread (300 men's bball teams!)

What may make a difference is whether NU can play both Walker and Keita at the same time. That was a good match up in personnel against Wisky, but not as familiar with Rutgers line-up. And apparently Keita is healthier these days. Initial key factor is whether we play through Walker at the high post and get some cuts to the basket and/or allow him to drive -- or whether we fall back into "chuck up 3s" mode.
I'm okay with a steady dose of Walker at the high post AND chuck up threes mode if the chucker is the Japanese fella.

Too bad you can't substitute after every offensive play so we don't have to watch Tominaga play "defense" though.

I would play them together regardless of the matchup, simply because one is NU's best player and the other needs playing time to get ready for next year. This team isn't going to the postseason, so it's time for Fred to finally direct a bit of attention to player development. While I don't want him to cut Griesel's minutes, I'm glad Griesel is handling the ball less and less as Lawrence gets a bigger role. As for Wilcher, he needs a seat near the end of the bench.

We’ve competed with Rutgers in their building before, just not when they were this good…A blowout prediction just feels too easy. It’s never too easy! GBR

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Huskers shooting on the road been a disaster only thing that helps is Rutgers struggles shooting from the perimeter too..

If Rutgers, with their size and physicality, wants to sit at the arc and pump 3's - good for us.

Holy god that is one of the ugliest arenas I’ve ever seen. Right there next to Rupp arena in Lexington, KY
Honestly though, I've always wished we had a little bandbox full of raucous fans. A couple times a year the grandpas and grandmas at Pinnacle get excited and we have a nice home court. But I'm jealous of the east coast sweaty gyms.

I was just about to mention that I wanted to see Wilcher and Breidenbach fire up more 3s tonight.

Really I was.
Lies No GIF

Honestly though, I've always wished we had a little bandbox full of raucous fans. A couple times a year the grandpas and grandmas at Pinnacle get excited and we have a nice home court. But I'm jealous of the east coast sweaty gyms.
Yea I’m a fan of that too, but it doesn’t have to be just butt ugly. I mean god Damnit

Man the refs for whatever reason have really been kind to us tonight…kind of shreds the narrative of refs always giving the tourney teams the benefit.

Reactions: mgbreis
I’m having a major problem trying to come up with an insult worthy of explaining how butt ass ugly their arena is from the outside.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
In case anyone has two TV’s in the man cave Creighton and Providence are going into OVT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT