ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiberg N

They would have been up for any AD that hired Frost. Get your head out of the sand.
Yep. "Hire Scott Frost" was the clear mandate for any AD who was going to get that job. It's not like Moos came in with the hot take that maybe NU should think about hiring their former QB who was undefeated at UCF and Nebraska collectively went, "Boy I dunno, we'd never thought of that. Do you think it would work?"

My opinion of Moos is based on his accomplishments, which are documented and have NU athletics headed in the right direction.

Your answer was all 'what ifs' and 'allegedlys', which is to say no answer at all. I hope your mind hasn't been made up based on these salacious rumors.

I don't think we're in disagreement if any of these things were to come true and affected others, but to have these rumors swirling after 20+ years of pathetic loserdom in major men's sports is too bad. Also, it would be shameful to fire him if he does have an issue with alcohol instead of provide necessary help and support.

Happy Friday & GBR
A lot of people were very happy to tell me how wrong and stupid I was in January or February when those rumors became more public for telling them they weren't new because I'd heard them months prior. I told them not to be surprised if Moos disappeared for a little while (treatment) or a long while (fired).

Fast forward many more weeks and he may be getting replaced. If he is, you can assume it won't be because the basketball team only made the NIT.

I'm just the messenger.

A lot of people were very happy to tell me how wrong and stupid I was in January or February when those rumors became more public for telling them they weren't new because I'd heard them months prior. I told them not to be surprised if Moos disappeared for a little while (treatment) or a long while (fired).

Fast forward many more weeks and he may be getting replaced. If he is, you can assume it won't be because the basketball team only made the NIT.

I'm just the messenger.

Moos isn’t going anywhere. He’s done a great job. Once he brings In Hoiberg, everyone will be happy (outside ISUcks fans) will shut up and move on.

Yep. "Hire Scott Frost" was the clear mandate for any AD who was going to get that job. It's not like Moos came in with the hot take that maybe NU should think about hiring their former QB who was undefeated at UCF and Nebraska collectively went, "Boy I dunno, we'd never thought of that. Do you think it would work?"

While I agree with this, going fishing for the million dollar marlin in a tournament and landing the million dollar marlin in said tournament are not the same thing.

My opinion of Moos is based on his accomplishments, which are documented and have NU athletics headed in the right direction.

Your answer was all 'what ifs' and 'allegedlys', which is to say no answer at all. I hope your mind hasn't been made up based on these salacious rumors.
Let’s all of us not be hypocrites.
I don't think we're in disagreement if any of these things were to come true and affected others, but to have these rumors swirling after 20+ years of pathetic loserdom in major men's sports is too bad. Also, it would be shameful to fire him if he does have an issue with alcohol instead of provide necessary help and support.

Happy Friday & GBR

Why? Rumors of drinking (so what)? Alleged assault (where's the paperwork)? An actual reason to evaluate his employment (there are none)?

Hit the bricks, guy.

I don't care about his drinking, but you are naive if you think the powers of NU don't. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean its not true. I guess I'll hit the bricks, but you need to take a lap.

I don't care about his drinking, but you are naive if you think the powers of NU don't. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean its not true. I guess I'll hit the bricks, but you need to take a lap.

It's not about believe/disbelieve, it's about substantiated facts lending credence to an accusation versus randos spouting their mouths about another man's job for no reason.

Again, if there was any truth to it, the powers that be would of course care. Until then, let's be glad we have an extremely competent, business-minded executive bringing NU back to prominence sooner rather than later.

GBR

After reading 4 pages of arguing, I’m no closer to the truth. Is this for real? Does he have ties to Nebraska that actually allows this to make some sense?

I hope it’s true, would be a great hire for us.

Reactions: EATAFAT1
I hear we're going to dig up the grave of Bob Devaney, excommunicate him, and forfeit all our wins from when he was head coach and AD.

I hear we're going to dig up the grave of Bob Devaney, excommunicate him, and forfeit all our wins from when he was head coach and AD.
I expect a public apology from the University posthumously condemning all of his nefarious action as well. It’s the right thing to do...

I respected TO as AD, I respected BB as AD, I have no opinion on BD as AD, and hindsight being 20/20, I loathe that SP was ever AD.

With that being said, if one cannot admit that the ‘Moos is Loose’ - and changing the next decade of Husker Men’s athletics, then you have your head in the sand. This is playing out just like the Riley Fire and subsequent Frost Hire. Only difference?

This one was unexpected. This was all Moos. Color me impressed. This fan base is hungry for a basketball winner. Top-15 in attendance. Top-notch facilities. Top-to-bottom sleeping giant.

Hoiberg leads us into a New Era; bank it.

Thank you AD BM.

I respected TO as AD, I respected BB as AD, I have no opinion on BD as AD, and hindsight being 20/20, I loathe that SP was ever AD.

With that being said, if one cannot admit that the ‘Moos is Loose’ - and changing the next decade of Husker Men’s athletics, then you have your head in the sand. This is playing out just like the Riley Fire and subsequent Frost Hire. Only difference?

This one was unexpected. This was all Moos. Color me impressed. This fan base is hungry for a basketball winner. Top-15 in attendance. Top-notch facilities. Top-to-bottom sleeping giant.

Hoiberg leads us into a New Era; bank it.

Thank you AD BM.
What are you smoking? Miles had team goals to meet, he failed to meet them, that's on him!!! It is not unexpected. When the team nosedived in February most fans knew tims days were numbered. As for bill Moos imo he's the best ad since bb. He's here to do a job without a agenda, like Steve Petersen, Sean Eichorst, even T O had a agenda, which was go cheap

What are you smoking? Miles had team goals to meet, he failed to meet them, that's on him!!! It is not unexpected. When the team nosedived in February most fans knew tims days were numbered. As for bill Moos imo he's the best ad since bb. He's here to do a job without a agenda, like Steve Petersen, Sean Eichorst, even T O had a agenda, which was go cheap
Unexpected in the sense of hitting the home run hire is what I think he was getting at.

Yep. This is exactly right. They are trying to tread lightly on how to phase him out, and as @slwags mentioned Cook could be a contender here, but there are many variables still happening.
Imo, no way Cook would want the job. Why would he. He's done a great job at what he's doing. When he decides he's done, I think he's done. Ad is a lot different than head coach. I think Cook probably has a lot of the management skills that good ADs have.

Agreed

And also...why are some fans so against spending money. Stop worrying about that, it is not an issue, it will not be an issue, it will be just fine.

Between Frost, Hoiberg, and Erstad - we will certainly have the most athletic group of college coaches of any school in the country. All three were great college players, and still look like they could play.

You could include Amy Williams in there too I guess.

There is your asterisk, Marlow.

Tea leaves and soft spoken birds were true again this time. Gotta give Moos a whole helluva lot of credit. Any major university fan base in the entire nation would be doing backflips over what this guy has done in his short tenure.

Next decade should be nice... ready to watch the FB and BB programs take off again.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT