ADVERTISEMENT

Here's your $600ish/ sq ft house

I’ve done a lot. I was an ADD kid and that continued in to adulthood. ADD career. In addition to my actual professional career I’ve built clinic buildings, developed a rural home development, bought and sold multiple acreages and farms, farmed for the past 25 years, marketed registered cattle, had a series 7 securities license for a few years, etc. I’ve kept busy. I sold a business 25 years ago that allowed me to buy my first farm. Best move I’ve made.

I won’t divulge my kid’s security clearances😎
Sometimes its hard for the younger generation to realize most 70 year olds have done a lot of stuff in 50/55 years of being adults. Not everyone gets a job in the office or factory and that is their entire level of experience.
Everyone on here that is older, has many talents and skills that can take years to develop.

Yep lot size is a big deal in Puget sound. Most of the new homes barely have enough room to put a BBQ out back - zero privacy close to zero lot lines. 7000 sq ft lot is huge in my area

Here is a new construction 20 miles north of seattle I believe the lot is 4000 sq ft

another - 3200 sq ft home 3600 sq ft lot - 1.2 mil
Gross.

Reactions: V-Doub
Its going to price a lot of potential clients out. It's gotten out of line. Part of the issue is hourly pay, but i've seen a lot of small construction business owners trying to live like they are wealthy ceo's of a major company.

I realize that there is a lot of stress and cost to own a business. But the price gouging that is going on between builders and suppliers has gotten out of line.

It now cost 4$ a brick to lay a standard wall. That is asinine.
The only brick layers I know are 67 years old. Look like 87, nobody wants to do that backbreaking job. So now you have nail on stone veneer.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The only brick layers I know are 67 years old. Look like 87, nobody wants to do that backbreaking job. So now you have nail on stone veneer.
I know....Sad. I have been doing brick work for years on the side. But only part time. No way I would have stayed with it until I was mid 50 little lone 60's doing if full time.

If there is one thing I have discovered here on these post boards it is that everyone is the very best version of the person they had wanted to be :)

How much are these lots?
In our area there are very few lots for sale. The developers and builders tend to work together so it is hard to find a lot and then get a builder. Usually, you contact the builder that has the lots. The only lot I could find for sale in the area I wrote about is for $136,000. In an area of very high-end homes, probably the most expensive neighborhood in town, about another mile north of the area I wrote about, there are 6 view lots for sale @ $180-$210-$210-$220-$220-$250 all are between 7500 and 8500 square feet. The cheapest lot I could find in town is listed at $110, but it is built into a hillside that is going to require a lot of retaining wall work.

In our area there are very few lots for sale. The developers and builders tend to work together so it is hard to find a lot and then get a builder. Usually, you contact the builder that has the lots. The only lot I could find for sale in the area I wrote about is for $136,000. In an area of very high-end homes, probably the most expensive neighborhood in town, about another mile north of the area I wrote about, there are 6 view lots for sale @ $180-$210-$210-$220-$220-$250 all are between 7500 and 8500 square feet. The cheapest lot I could find in town is listed at $110, but it is built into a hillside that is going to require a lot of retaining wall work.
Probably charging $150k+ for the lots then.

Reactions: Wasker77
Needs? Who the hell would want it? So tacky/garish. Pretty much a full gut for most buyers who can afford it. There's a reason it's been on and off the market for the better part of a year. They'll either take a bath on it or they'll need to find another "money can't buy class" buyer for that atrocity

No offense, Max 😂
No offense taken - I only care about the garage. The wife picked everything else out, decided to change style and we felt it wasn’t worth it to go more contemporary in that home so starting over! 🤣

Still waiting on pictures from the day he played a pick up game with WNBA players.
She was a 6-5 4 time All Big 8 forward at Colorado. 3 time U.S. national team member. Played for years professionally in Europe. Ironically I just saw her at a local brewery a couple of weeks ago. 😉 some of us have friends. Her nephews were Eagle Scouts in our scout troop.

Last edited:
Sometimes its hard for the younger generation to realize most 70 year olds have done a lot of stuff in 50/55 years of being adults. Not everyone gets a job in the office or factory and that is their entire level of experience.
Everyone on here that is older, has many talents and skills that can take years to develop.
Speak for yourself. I’m only in my mid 60s. 😏.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Some of that aging is the required Marlboro’s and beer-thirty Budweisers. Every brick layer I’ve known over the years enjoyed beer ….. a lot. Generally great guys.

I’ve done a lot. I was an ADD kid and that continued in to adulthood. ADD career. In addition to my actual professional career I’ve built clinic buildings, developed a rural home development, bought and sold multiple acreages and farms, farmed for the past 25 years, marketed registered cattle, had a series 7 securities license for a few years, etc. I’ve kept busy. I sold a business 25 years ago that allowed me to buy my first farm. Best move I’ve made.

I won’t divulge my kid’s security clearances😎
Security clearances are public... You know that right?

Security clearances are public... You know that right?
Well, sort of. To find out whether someone has a security clearance you can file a "Security Clearance Verification" to the agency who granted the clearance. It can be difficult to determine what "agency" actually granted someone's clearance, so you could find yourself running around like an organ grinder's monkey trying to find who granted the clearance. Then, the granting agency could tell you to pack sand if they don't think you have a legitimate need for the information. After that you might have to resort to a Freedom of Information Act request to the granting agency about the records associated with that person. And anyone familiar with FOIA requests knows how those can be stonewalled. If the information is indeed "public", it is difficult to get, by design. If it were easy to find people with Top Secret, Sensitive Compartmented Information clearances, then it would be easier for bad guys to attempt to compromise them.

The people who are selling this house appear to be lowlifes. As evidenced by them not being able to afford a separate ping pong table so they bought a cheaper one that sits on top the pool table.

If I did not have grandchildren we would be out of this screwed up liberal state fast as we could. Many of our friends have already left to North Idaho, Arizona, Texas or Florida

Bo knows his name.

Which begs the question...who sold you out to Bo? Callahan? Or someone above him on Rivals?
We shared an RSS subscription that wasn’t secretive enough about our identities. Pelini had one or more of his staffers that were monitoring what was posted about injuries and player problems. Jamrog I think had a work study student or some other underling that was logging who posted what. I don’t know that a Rivals employee divulged who we were but it’s possible.

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
That place is like 5 minutes from Hard Eight BBQ in Roanoke! Good Grub!

Hard-Eight-BBQ.jpg

hard-eight7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GBRforLife1
Tiled walk-in shower here! Sorry, I'll stay with my crawl or roll in shower.

A new place opened by Trophy Club called Hutchins BBQ. It's pretty awesome. Have you been to 407 BBQ?

I haven't!!! I'll put 407 on the list!

Dayne's just opened up their new place, I tried that the other day and it's soooo good!

Is that Dick's or Dickie's or whatever place still the best around those parts? Had a Spirit flight layover one time in Dallas and got it at the airport. Shit was legit

If I did not have grandchildren we would be out of this screwed up liberal state fast as we could. Many of our friends have already left to North Idaho, Arizona, Texas or Florida

That place is like 5 minutes from Hard Eight BBQ in Roanoke! Good Grub!

Hard-Eight-BBQ.jpg

hard-eight7.jpg
Looks tasty. Hey, is this a travel thread? I have to go to Cape May, NJ this summer. Anyone have any recommendations for good bars, food, etc?

She was a 6-5 4 time All Big 8 forward at Colorado. 3 time U.S. national team member. Played for years professionally in Europe. Ironically I just saw her at a local brewery a couple of weeks ago. 😉 some of us have friends. Her nephews were Eagle Scouts in our scout troop.
You want to be careful when playing these kids. I played two hand touch football against my extremely talented 6' tall goddaughter (played college hoops and softball) about twenty years ago when I thought I was still in pretty good shape. She pushed me around pretty well. I think I came away with bruises. A couple of years ago I watched her and a girlfriend take on her 6'3" athletic husband and an equally tall friend playing beach volleyball down in San Diego. The girls took no prisoners and beat-up on the boys. My goddaughter was fit enough to be playing in a bikini that day when she was 10 weeks from having a baby. She's tough and strong. Her confidence and determination are off the charts.

You want to be careful when playing these kids. I played two hand touch football against my extremely talented 6' tall goddaughter (played college hoops and softball) about twenty years ago when I thought I was still in pretty good shape. She pushed me around pretty well. I think I came away with bruises. A couple of years ago I watched her and a girlfriend take on her 6'3" athletic husband and an equally tall friend playing beach volleyball down in San Diego. The girls took no prisoners and beat-up on the boys. My goddaughter was fit enough to be playing in a bikini that day when she was 10 weeks from having a baby. She's tough and strong. Her confidence and determination are off the charts.
She was just a few years younger than me. Note “All Big 8”

Reactions: Wasker77
Southlake is a very nice area. Lots of Xmas lights go up on these McMansions. Westlake is the next rich area with even bigger homes. I wish they would hire me as a builder. I'm looking for a new project now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT