ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go. NCAA to allow multi-transfers

What about in season transfers. Could you pay the qb of the team you’re playing enough money to flip to your team prior to kickoff.. or maybe at halftime?

just-wait-wait-for-it.gif

The advertizers want to make big time money, the networks are making big time money, the schools are making big time money, the coaches are making big time money, why can the players make big time money?
What does that have to do with this? Are you dense?

Reactions: V-Doub
I posted in another thread just wait til a qb goes down mid season and they get a transfer.

Old GI WW2 acronym comes to mind - FUBAR.
You know what's coming next, without a doubt...the 'college' players will no longer be required to enroll. They are professionals, no longer students, in the minor league system that is the feeder to the NFL. They may stay in college (minor league) ball for seven or eight years before they give it up. The romance is gone. It will take awhile, maybe ten years or so, but college football will become a casual side show. for fans If you don't think this can happen, just look at all the change in three years. As long as the money is there for those involved in the sport, they, and no one else, will give a shit. Pay me and play me or I leave. It's just the way it works.
"I want to thank the Nebraska Golden Gopher nation for everything. Respect my decision, as I take my talents to the Florida Bulldogs...or wait...who are they?...the Rebels or something like that?"

A couple years ago I talked to a guy who had just retired from the NCAA. He said that if someone challenged the two time transfer rule in court they would win. Here we are. The wild, wild west gets even wilder.

I think for the vast majority of student athletes NIL and the portal are not beneficial, but until they get a handle on regulating this, it will be bad for a lot of those who get good deals. There was some kid who signed a deal that gave his agent 25% of his lifetime earnings. Pro agents only get about 3% of the contract values they negotiate.

Reactions: BleedRed78
A couple years ago I talked to a guy who had just retired from the NCAA. He said that if someone challenged the two time transfer rule in court they would win. Here we are. The wild, wild west gets even wilder.

I think for the vast majority of student athletes NIL and the portal are not beneficial, but until they get a handle on regulating this, it will be bad for a lot of those who get good deals. There was some kid who signed a deal that gave his agent 25% of his lifetime earnings. Pro agents only get about 3% of the contract values they negotiate.
How exactly isn't NIL and the portal good for student athletes? So one guy signed a bad deal? So what.

Did you see Sam Hoiberg talk about his teammate, I assume Diop, sending NIL money back to his family in Africa? How about that hs OT in Cedar Rapids, Iowa who will probably get out of poverty from NIL? How is this bad for them and people like them?

What does that have to do with this? Are you dense?
I'm not arguing pro or con but NIL money is behind the desire for multiple transfers. You can easier put yourself up for the highest bidder every year if you don't have to sit out a season to transfer. I'm sure the argument goes if it's OK for grad students, why not undergrads as well. Again, it's not something I'm arguing for, just playing devil's advocate here.

So who and how can this be regulated? You can’t put a cap on NIL, at least I don’t think you can. Who could enforce multi-year contract rules? And wouldn’t they just take that to court and throw that out too?

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT