ADVERTISEMENT

Heisman Race

king_kong_

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2021
Jeanty and Travis Hunter appear to have the inside track, but it’s pretty wide open

Much moreso than recent years

A fun storyline to follow

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Nope, he never won it
I know that, he was runner up to Pat Sullivan. Just because a guy plays for a non Big school doesn't eliminate him fron contention.

So far, all the big name players from the big schools have seemed to have a poor game mixed in there. Overall, seems like a pretty weak Heisman group overall.

Reactions: leodisflowers
One of Hunter's biggest risks in the Heisman race is injury. He plays alot more snaps that the average player and you know there are going to be guys anxious to take shots at him like the CSU player did last year that put him on the shelf.

Conference season is really starting to heat up. Guarantee a few more names will emerge and then they will separate themselves over the next few weeks. As of now it should be Hunter, but agree that he just has to stay healthy. KSU is going to be a big test for him. He's going to have to put his nose in it in the run game.

Conference season is really starting to heat up. Guarantee a few more names will emerge and then they will separate themselves over the next few weeks. As of now it should be Hunter, but agree that he just has to stay healthy. KSU is going to be a big test for him. He's going to have to put his nose in it in the run game.
Hunter may well deserve it based on actual game to game performance. The issue is always, how many voters will be voting because of their like/dislike of Prime Suspect?
Human nature may determine the winner.

Hunter may well deserve it based on actual game to game performance. The issue is always, how many voters will be voting because of their like/dislike of Prime Suspect?
Human nature may determine the winner.
Human nature should determine it

What Hunter is doing is without precedent in modern college football

To play at the level he does on both sides all game every game is insane

Also I have a future on him to win at +1,000

That said Jeanty could run for like 2,500 yards and 30+ TDs which would also be quite something

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Correct. I hate CU but that kid should win it hands down if he stays playing the same way he has all year. No one else is even a close second.
Jeanty would be a deserving 2nd

But Hunter is the best pure football player we’ve seen in a long time

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him do just about anything on a football field

One of Hunter's biggest risks in the Heisman race is injury. He plays alot more snaps that the average player and you know there are going to be guys anxious to take shots at him like the CSU player did last year that put him on the shelf.

And the risk of his team going 6-6.

Reactions: king_kong_
And the risk of his team going 6-6.
This is probably the biggest thing

But if he has like 1,200 yards and 10+ TDs while also making 50 tackles with 6+ INTs I don’t know if that would even matter

It’s an award for the best player in college football

An actual guy who plays at an all-conference level both ways in 2024 is just crazy

I don’t really see a ton of CU/coach prime hype anymore?

Maybe it’s just me?

Nothing like last year
He's still on a lot of commercials. The media created and pushed the hype and now they can't believe how it's waned. Truth of the matter is it hasn't waned. It was never there except for their pushing it

What if the Buffs drop 4 of their next 5 games and get to mid November just trying to become bowl eligible. Will Hunter (and Sanders) continue to play or just opt out to avoid injury and how would that impact his chances of winning the Heisman. These guys have already made alot of money playing college football - does winning the Heisman hold the same meaning in the new order of college football??

He's still on a lot of commercials. The media created and pushed the hype and now they can't believe how it's waned. Truth of the matter is it hasn't waned. It was never there except for their pushing it
I seen an article a couple weeks ago, that said the eyeballs on the CU saga is down 66% from last year in terms of television viewership. It has waned significantly.

The networks continute to push it, but the veiwing audience has no longer bought into it. So, I do agree with you its all because they continue to push it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT