ADVERTISEMENT

Heard a Rumor

Big difference between having a face-to-face conversation with someone and calling them names to their face.

That I would agree with, but as someone who has had try to help people who are truly bullied severely I would say that your claim of bullying by being called one name on a message board by someone who is anonymous would be rejected pretty quickly. As an earlier post stated it would fall under the 'not nice' category.

Additionally, you could block the offender so it would not happen again. Don't insult people who actually do suffer from this on a daily basis by claiming you are bullied in such an insignificant way.

I like that definition. Particularly "observed or perceived power imbalance"

So, if it can be observed that the POTUS has more power than Mack In Motion, then, by government definition, the POTUS is a bully.

Also, "unwanted aggressive behavior".

So, if I believe that posting third-hand, unfounded rumors on message boards is aggressive behavior, and is unwanted, then it meets the definition of bullying. And should apparently cease.

Not exactly.

The POTUS would have to use his power to bully you. Him calling press conferences to call Mack in Motion a jackass and asking his followers to harass you would be bullying. Especially if he decided to do this over and over.

Or if these message board rumors you speak of targeted you and were persistent, intending to do harm to you, that could be bullying.

Bullying is a very serious problem. The issue is that, like many things, everyone now calls anything they don't like bullying. It has gotten to the point where people actually think that calling someone that trolls a message board a troll is bullying.

Not exactly.

The POTUS would have to use his power to bully you. Him calling press conferences to call Mack in Motion a jackass and asking his followers to harass you would be bullying. Especially if he decided to do this over and over.

Or if these message board rumors you speak of targeted you and were persistent, intending to do harm to you, that could be bullying.

Bullying is a very serious problem. The issue is that, like many things, everyone now calls anything they don't like bullying. It has gotten to the point where people actually think that calling someone that trolls a message board a troll is bullying.

"observed or perceived power imbalance" is not my definition.

And it's that kind of mind mush that causes people to scream "bullying" at the drop of a hat (like when someone who is trolling is called a troll).

Last edited:
"observed or perceived power imbalance" is not my definition.

OK. But he would still have to use that power to actually bully you. Just having more power doesn't make someone a bully, using their power to inflict harm on someone else, who can't do anything about, it does. Do you really not understand this?

Reactions: beaglehusker
The information is supposedly coming from people who actually saw this occur, but believe me when I say I hope it's untrue as well.

I would need a lot more facts before believing this crap. It would border on stupid to hold it against him for wanting to advance his career. Obviously you would have input but the decision would be the kids. JMHO. GBA /GBR

Reactions: TheVegvisir
That I would agree with, but as someone who has had try to help people who are truly bullied severely I would say that your claim of bullying by being called one name on a message board by someone who is anonymous would be rejected pretty quickly. As an earlier post stated it would fall under the 'not nice' category.

Additionally, you could block the offender so it would not happen again. Don't insult people who actually do suffer from this on a daily basis by claiming you are bullied in such an insignificant way.
If you're supposed to be helping people who are bullied, you should probably know how it starts. If a person thinks they're superior to someone else on a message board or any form of discourse for that matter, it's not hard to see how that can translate to everyday situations and interacting with real people. If you try to dominate conversations on here, you probably try do establish dominance over other people in real life too and it's not hard to see how that can lead to bullying behavior.

I have a friend who works at the university and he sent me a text this morning about something he heard from others who also work there.

What he said is that after Jaimes opted-out, Frost essentially banned him from re-entering the facilities and a lot of players were pissed - they had to say goodbye to him outside.

Anyone else hear this? If it's true, then what a dumpster fire. :mad:
Sounds like total garbage.

If you're supposed to be helping people who are bullied, you should probably know how it starts. If a person thinks they're superior to someone else on a message board or any form of discourse for that matter, it's not hard to see how that can translate to everyday situations and interacting with real people. If you try to dominate conversations on here, you probably try do establish dominance over other people in real life too and it's not hard to see how that can lead to bullying behavior.
Or you are like our Iowa visitors and you are trying to compensate for an otherwise pathetic life.

Reactions: nwualum
After my last game at TCU.

They acted as if I never played there before.

You quit on the team. It only be benefits you.

As a player I would be pissed. I always played to win. Not upset cause we couldnt say good bye. That's fckn ridiculous and explains why we suck.

Care to elaborate on what actually happened then? I said it was a rumor, never once did I claim it as fact - I actually said I hope it wasn't true.

Because you've taken on the role of message board bully, who is also all-knowing with full access to everything which occurs within the walls of the program, please throw us all a bone and explain what actually happened then.

Looking forward to your response.
It used to be that spreading false rumors like you did was a reason for a suspension of posting privileges. I've read quite a few of your posts over the past few weeks. Your negative attacks lead me to believe that you are not a Husker fan. By definition, you are a troll.

It used to be that spreading false rumors like you did was a reason for a suspension of posting privileges. I've read quite a few of your posts over the past few weeks. Your negative attacks lead me to believe that you are not a Husker fan. By definition, you are a troll.
Is anyone critical of the program a fan to you?

You're right there with him.
Is anyone critical of the program a fan to you?
Nope. Even though your recent history is ovewhelmingly negative towards Frost and the players, you at least seem to have some level of interest and posting history that a non-fan does not.

A fan can still be a troll when they start threads just meant to create a negative reaction. In reviewing his posts, he may be a fan..... Just a little overly dramatic and negative in his posting. IF this "rumor" were a thing, it would be all over twitter by now with player reactions.....and it isn't.

Are you seriously saying that anyone who is critical of the current state of our program is not a fan? If that’s the case then there are ZERO Husker fans left in this world because we’re all critical right now (as we should be).

I think you’re the biggest troll on this entire board because you bash peoples comments, claim to have all the facts, yet refuse to actually share anything of substance that could potentially put rumors like this to bed. You point blank said what I wrote about the rumored situation was BS, that it did not go down like that at all, but when asked to elaborate on what did actually happen (since you claimed to know) you couldn’t come-up with anything. You’re a joke.

Reactions: oldjar07
Are you seriously saying that anyone who is critical of the current state of our program is not a fan? If that’s the case then there are ZERO Husker fans left in this world because we’re all critical right now (as we should be).

I think you’re the biggest troll on this entire board because you bash peoples comments, claim to have all the facts, yet refuse to actually share anything of substance that could potentially put rumors like this to bed. You point blank said what I wrote about the rumored situation was BS, that it did not go down like that at all, but when asked to elaborate on what did actually happen (since you claimed to know) you couldn’t come-up with any. You’re a joke.
AUVFiIzsfoyylLkA9XqTwiwT_D5lv_KtSZGOHz6ES4alI_JkxISACw9i3zbx9_OUe1kiYRIg_LQJ9bgw1-Ph_O3i2Nuk84gCuQHhF2OpGMMzLhmLOuWxX2fWsM15Y0Z-hOfmEnq1qWqPS6K_db5F9CpLp1a9N59zxxI

I think you’re the biggest troll on this entire board because you bash peoples comments, claim to have all the facts, yet refuse to actually share anything of substance that could potentially put rumors like this to bed. You point blank said what I wrote about the rumored situation was BS, that it did not go down like that at all, but when asked to elaborate on what did actually happen (since you claimed to know) you couldn’t come-up with anything. You’re a joke.
How does one prove something is false when there is nothing to the rumor in the first place? Give us the name of who told you this and the "players who are pissed". Show us their tweets about it. You've got nothing.

HuskerLove did you just call someone a troll? 🤔.
Sorry, I’ll just drop it right there

I just received a text from a friend that said Omar Manning, unless his legal name is different, is no longer enrolled at Nebraska.

He also told me that Wandale is hurt too.

🙄 your right hand, I mean friend, should stop with these rumors.

You’re a 🤡🤡🤡.

How does one prove something is false when there is nothing to the rumor in the first place? Give us the name of who told you this and the "players who are pissed". Show us their tweets about it. You've got nothing.
How does one prove a rumor isn’t true without the same sort of supporting evidence?

You stated, as fact, that this situation did not occur as I had written it, meaning that something did occur but just not in the manner in-which it was communicated to me. So come on big guy, tell us what happened. Oh wait, you can’t, because you have nothing.

It was confirmed that Manning’s first name is not actually Omar, so that’s why he wasn’t showing-up in the student directory.

And Wandale was dinged-up, just not enough to keep him from playing.

While strange and a bit creepy, the stalking is a bit flattering I guess.

It was confirmed that Manning’s first name is not actually Omar, so that’s why he wasn’t showing-up in the student directory.

And Wandale was dinged-up, just not enough to keep him from playing.

While strange and a bit creepy, the stalking is a bit flattering I guess.

Stalking Omar on a student directory is ok, but me finding your last false rumor is creepy. Ok got it. Can’t wait for your next rumor.. should be a doozy.

Stalking Omar on a student directory is ok, but me finding your last false rumor is creepy. Ok got it. Can’t wait for your next rumor.. should be a doozy.
I never looked-up Omar Manning in the student directory, others on this board did. Nice try tho.

How does one prove a rumor isn’t true without the same sort of supporting evidence?

You stated, as fact, that this situation did not occur as I had written it, meaning that something did occur but just not in the manner in-which it was communicated to me. So come on big guy, tell us what happened. Oh wait, you can’t, because you have nothing.
The "facts" are that Jaimes is no longer a part of the team and as such was no longer being tested by the team. Given that FACT, he is no longer allowed in the locker room or team areas. It's not tough. Read the rules.

Now, you show us what you have. You said you "heard a rumor". Please tell us where you "heard the rumor". That's not too tough is it? Back it up or just quit digging.

Reactions: timnsun
I never looked-up Omar Manning in the student directory, others on this board did. Nice try tho.

Your "friend" that "works at the university" sure seems to enjoy feeding you half baked BS for you to post up here in order to stir up trouble.

Next time he says something like "hey man, someone I know shot me a text about a conversation he overheard while cleaning tables in the student union, and let's just say 17 players will be ineligible next week due to grades unless SF covers it up" -- instead of posting that falsehood up here, just kick him square in the nuts. Try to square it up good so you get them both.

The "facts" are that Jaimes is no longer a part of the team and as such was no longer being tested by the team. Given that FACT, he is no longer allowed in the locker room or team areas. It's not tough. Read the rules.

Now, you show us what you have. You said you "heard a rumor". Please tell us where you "heard the rumor". That's not too tough is it? Back it up or just quit digging.
I told everyone where I heard the rumor - I have a friend who works at the university (and has for like 10 years) and his coworkers told him they saw this occur. That’s what I have and that’s what I said in my initial post.

And you’re still dodging the question - you said FOR A FACT that this did not occur like that. So, how do you know how it actually went down? You said my comments were BS so you must know the truth, since you’re so confident my friend is wrong.

Your "friend" that "works at the university" sure seems to enjoy feeding you half baked BS for you to post up here in order to stir up trouble.

Next time he says something like "hey man, someone I know shot me a text about a conversation he overheard while cleaning tables in the student union, and let's just say 17 players will be ineligible next week due to grades unless SF covers it up" -- instead of posting that falsehood up here, just kick him square in the nuts. Try to square it up good so you get them both.
I may have to give that a try next time - appreciate the suggestion.

I told everyone where I heard the rumor - I have a friend who works at the university (as has for like 10 years) and his coworkers told him they saw this occur. That’s what I have and that’s what I said in my initial post.

And you’re still dodging the question - you said FOR A FACT that this did not occur like that. So, how do you know how it actually went down? You said my comments were BS so you must know the truth, since you’re so confident my friend is wrong.
I just gave you the facts that Frost announced. Jaimes is no longer a member of the team. Only team members participating in the team testing are allowed inside the team facilities with other players. The testing and quarantine rules were published months ago.

I just gave you the facts that Frost announced. Jaimes is no longer a member of the team. Only team members participating in the team testing are allowed inside the team facilities with other players. The testing and quarantine rules were published months ago.
Ok, so if that’s the case then isn’t it entirely possible that Jaimes could have tried to enter the building but was turned away by Frost? And that there were members of the team who thought this was BS and got upset about having to say goodbye to their teammate outside in the cold?? Is it really that farfetched???

And keep in-mind that I never said there was beef and/or hard feelings between Jaimes and Frost.

Ok, so if that’s the case then isn’t it entirely possible that Jaimes could have tried to enter the building but was turned away by Frost? And that there were members of the team who thought this was BS and got upset about having to say goodbye to their teammate outside in the cold?? Is it really that farfetched???

And keep in-mind that I never said there was beef and/or hard feelings between Jaimes and Frost.
Ugh... you did call Frost’s actions a dumpster fire, even though he is following the Covid rules to a T. You claimed lots of players were pissed, but if that is true, they had to be pissed at the B1G for their Covid protocols, not Frost whose hands were tied by said protocols.

The problem is you like to spread these rumors, seemingly trying to stir the turds. I even saw that you posted we could lose to Rutgers by 17... that doesn’t mean you aren’t a husker fan, but your posts leave a lot to be desired. And if anybody pushes back you get your knickers in a twist and start calling anyone who disagrees a bully.

You shouldn’t be shocked if many on here question your motives.

Ugh... you did call Frost’s actions a dumpster fire, even though he is following the Covid rules to a T. You claimed lots of players were pissed, but if that is true, they had to be pissed at the B1G for their Covid protocols, not Frost whose hands were tied by said protocols.

The problem is you like to spread these rumors, seemingly trying to stir the turds. I even saw that you posted we could lose to Rutgers by 17... that doesn’t mean you aren’t a husker fan, but your posts leave a lot to be desired. And if anybody pushes back you get your knickers in a twist and start calling anyone who disagrees a bully.

I’m not posting these rumors to try and stir anything - I simply wanted to know if anyone else in here had heard the same thing. I’m sure you’ll believe otherwise and that’s fine, but I know my intentions.

And yes, I did say that I think Rutgers could beat us by 17 today simply due to the psychological states of each program. Rutgers has exponentially exceeded expectations and are playing much better football than Nebraska right now. I do not know a single person that is a bigger Husker homer than me, but I’m also realistic and can see that our program is not heading in the right direction. For gods sake, we would have lost to Minnesota by 14 if Ibrahim didn’t go down instead of scoring the TD, and they were without 33 players for that game!!!!

One thing that does concern me about Jaimes and this game. I'm hoping that his departure doesn't signal a "I don't give a sh##" attitude by the this team about the game. The weather is going to be miserable and cold and we haven't performed well when that has been the case. IF I had to lay money on this game I would probably take Rutgers and the points. JMO. I think Rutgers is going to be more than ready to play. I'm not so sure about the Huskers. Time will tell.

One thing that does concern me about Jaimes and this game. I'm hoping that his departure doesn't signal a "I don't give a sh##" attitude by the this team about the game. The weather is going to be miserable and cold and we haven't performed well when that has been the case. IF I had to lay money on this game I would probably take Rutgers and the points. JMO. I think Rutgers is going to be more than ready to play. I'm not so sure about the Huskers. Time will tell.
Rutgers likes to get real cute on offense and I’m afraid that they’ll execute on a few of those trick plays. In-addition, they are really aggressive on defense and kicking the ball to Crunkshank (sp?) scares the hell out of me.

Thank you for posting this.

Calling me names is unwanted and aggressive, as well as you trying to show that you're somehow better than me.

The best part about a bully is that they're actually huge cowards and get scared when others stand-up to them. Like I said, the internet has made a lot of tough people who get to hide beyond their monitors and would never say these things directly to my face.
Bud you posted to get a reaction... you got one in fact got several and now your feelings are hurt because of it... get over it..there is a lesson to be learned here and it has nothing to do with dingles response.. control what you can control like dont post rumors that you clearly dont know anything about.. dont stir the pot.. all of this could have been avoided if YOU would have thought about your post BEFORE you posted it.. seriously

I’m not posting these rumors to try and stir anything - I simply wanted to know if anyone else in here had heard the same thing. I’m sure you’ll believe otherwise and that’s fine, but I know my intentions.

And yes, I did say that I think Rutgers could beat us by 17 today simply due to the psychological states of each program. Rutgers has exponentially exceeded expectations and are playing much better football than Nebraska right now. I do not know a single person that is a bigger Husker homer than me, but I’m also realistic and can see that our program is not heading in the right direction. For gods sake, we would have lost to Minnesota by 14 if Ibrahim didn’t go down instead of scoring the TD, and they were without 33 players for that game!!!!
I’m just telling you what it looks like. If you don’t want the backlash you have received, then don’t post unsubstantiated rumors. If you are looking for information, don’t be upset with the backlash.

It seems as though many (most?) of your posts are posts that can be interpreted as trying to stir up crap. Post supportive stuff more often and you will be treated better. It’s as simple as that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT