ADVERTISEMENT

Heard a Rumor

HuskerLove1

Sophomore
Sep 22, 2018
I have a friend who works at the university and he sent me a text this morning about something he heard from others who also work there.

What he said is that after Jaimes opted-out, Frost essentially banned him from re-entering the facilities and a lot of players were pissed - they had to say goodbye to him outside.

Anyone else hear this? If it's true, then what a dumpster fire. :mad:

• Love
Reactions: CBurns05
I have a friend who works at the university and he sent me a text this morning about something he heard from others who also work there.

What he said is that after Jaimes opted-out, Frost essentially banned him from re-entering the facilities and a lot of players were pissed - they had to say goodbye to him outside.

I highly doubt this garbage

Hard to believe that. I mean Frost did wish him well yesterday during the press conference. If true maybe it’s a Covid protocol? lmao I mean anyone can justify anything by using Covid as the reason (major sarcasm).

If he opted out, then is he out of the COVID protocols and therefore a risk to the rest of the team?

Have any of your “rumors” ever been true. Your “friend” aka right hand isn’t a reliable source.

The information is supposedly coming from people who actually saw this occur, but believe me when I say I hope it's untrue as well.

This one still going around? C'mon.

Perhaps Jaimes didn't get there in time to go through the daily, rapid COVID-19 testing that has to be done before the PLAYERS (not former players) can enter the facility.
So you heard about this as well?

If he opted out, then is he out of the COVID protocols and therefore a risk to the rest of the team?

That’s true according to science. He’s no longer in a “controlled environment”.

Let’s say it is true, we still have 2 potential games left. Why risk it? I just can’t see it being personal.

I guess Jaimy will have to make the trip north to train at the Warren Academy.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
I would really love to hear the other side of the story once in a while on stuff like this. Meaning in situations where guys transfer or leave, I would really like to hear what they have to say. There has been way too much of this go on and little to nothing come out of it. Would it be that hard and or bad for Sipple or some other beat writer to call up a kid who transferred or opted out and just ask why.

I heard the back story behind the Speilman situation and Frost really sounded like a turbo douche in how he handled that.

Last edited:
PIhAYU.gif

I would really love to hear the other side of the story once in a while on stuff like this. Meaning in situations where guys transfer or leave, I would really like to hear what they have to say. There has been way too much of this go on and little to nothing come out of it. Would it be that hard and or bad for Sipple or some other beat writer to call up a kid who transferred or opted out and just ask why.

I heard the back story behind the Speilman situation and Frost really sounded like a turbo douche in how he handle that.

Remember that Wood River friend? That’s where he comes in and rejects credential access.

I’m not too worried about it yet. Every coach in the country goes through this. It’s impossible that all 150 people on your team like you and click with you.

I heard the back story behind the Speilman situation and Frost really sounded like a turbo douche in how he handle that.
You must have heard a much different Speilman story than I am familiar with.

Reactions: Swiv3D

What’s there to wonder about? The kid has a future in the NFL and doesn’t want to risk getting hurt.

Reactions: headcard

Covid rules would preclude Jaimes from co-mingling with the team unfortunately, so banned may not be the most accurate description, as in banished. That's just the panic stricken world we live in.

upvoted for use of phrase "turbo douche".. I can totally see that from Scott.

JD lost any credibility he had. I remember one time a couple of years ago where he was complaining on Twitter that no one on the team had talked to him since the season ended. One of our OL responded to him that he had talked to JD yesterday. Not really sure what his problem was.

JD lost any credibility he had. I remember one time a couple of years ago where he was complaining on Twitter that no one on the team had talked to him since the season ended. One of our OL responded to him that he had talked to JD yesterday. Not really sure what his problem was.
Yeah I stopped giving a shit when the story was he was lonely while being away from home and family in Minneapolis... and then he transferred to tcu.

The consensus seems to be that JD's struggles with mental health had a very detrimental impact to both his sports and personal life.

You can't bash the kid for that.

The best course of action is to always take a rumor at face value, get worked up over it, than amplify it all over the place.

That way, when it comes back around a day later, usually with even more juicy details added to it, it's validation that you were justified in getting worked up over it.

Yeah I stopped giving a shit when the story was he was lonely while being away from home and family in Minneapolis... and then he transferred to tcu.
Yep, them is freshman first semester problems. Not those of a junior who could call a private jet to pick him up on any given weekend.

This would not be Scott’s decision if COVID protocol related. If people want Scott to break covid protocol rules, smh

Reactions: dinglefritz
This would not be Scott’s decision if COVID protocol related. If people want Scott to break covid protocol rules, smh
This could very well be the case, but an outsiders perception will always be different than those directly involved.

This is a disgusting move by Frost and Moos should address ASAP for a young man who gave his all the past four years in this program.

I’m actually ok with this. Play the season or opt-out. Don’t quit with one game left just to try and seem more important that you are. Also agree that he is no longer in Covid protocol.

People might disagree but I think what BJ did was pathetic. Doesn’t surprise me from a Mike Riley guy however. Don’t really care if he is a good player or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT