ADVERTISEMENT

HC Scott Frost has serious cojones

To take on the whole of college football and the big ten conference to tell them to stick it.

I’m so glad he is our coach and a national leader.

The jury is still out how this season will flesh out and we must give our coach the kudos for challenging the status quo.

He is the voice of Nebraska players. Good on him and coaches who stand behind their teams. Players worked too hard and too long, only to be betrayed by politics and poor leadership.

Agreed but NU president’s are even bigger. There are several B1G coaches pushing back but only one president behind their coach.
This. Frost speaking his mind is ineffectual, empty. The university presidents have the power.

Frost telling the B10 to "stick it" (or whatever threat he made) will be a funny punch line if he is coaching in the B10 next season. Its like the scrawny drunk guy at the end of the bar telling everyone he is going to kick their ass when every one there (including the drunk) knows that he has no capacity to do so .... they laugh him off and mock him. Then they take his beer money.

Sometimes his cojones are bigger than his cerebro. I expect Scott to feel like this, I don't expect Moos and the NU President to be so short-sighted.

This doom and gloom he's on like NU can't afford to have athletics if we cancel one seasons is a laugh. NU is always on the short list of richest programs in the nation.

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
This. Frost speaking his mind is ineffectual, empty. The university presidents have the power.

Frost telling the B10 to "stick it" (or whatever threat he made) will be a funny punch line if he is coaching in the B10 next season. Its like the scrawny drunk guy at the end of the bar telling everyone he is going to kick their ass when every one there (including the drunk) knows that he has no capacity to do so .... they laugh him off and mock him. Then they take his beer money.

you sound like the scrawny drunk guy

Frost would kick your ass, and steal your ugly girlfriend if he wanted.

Remember when Maryland joined and others were subsidizing their first few years because they didn't have any money?

All while Nebraska was getting partial payments for the betterment of the membership.

Along with the scheduling and sketchy officiating.

Maybe Nebraska has just had enough

Sometimes his cojones are bigger than his cerebro. I expect Scott to feel like this, I don't expect Moos and the NU President to be so short-sighted.

This doom and gloom he's on like NU can't afford to have athletics if we cancel one seasons is a laugh. NU is always on the short list of richest programs in the nation.
Kind of a "ready....fire....aim" situation.

Remember when Maryland joined and others were subsidizing their first few years because they didn't have any money?

All while Nebraska was getting partial payments for the betterment of the membership.

Right could be one of those deal where you pick a fight to get the other person to do the breaking up. In this case if we get kicked out vs leave I think they would be breaking contracts not us.

Frost would kick your ass, and steal your ugly girlfriend if he wanted.
haha OK but I all I was saying is his big talk was like the scrawny vocal drunk guy at the bar but for you lets pretend it was that muscular drunk guy at the bar.

Yah people are going to vent no question. While there's more of an urgency to do something I think the heads are much cooler at the very top than they are a random message board.

I think Frost's stance on playing, the unified front throughout the university on playing, in stark contrast to the rest of league, will pay dividends long term with recruits going forward. Regardless if we play or not, stay in the B1G or move to another conference, we are proving that we will fight for a student athlete's best interest... I don't think that goes unnoticed.

If the other conferences play and the dumb Big 10 is sitting around scratching their ass, the landscape of college football will change, possibly permanently. We will still play in the future, but it will be the Power 3 instead of the Power 5. Change our name to the Little 10.

Instead of everyone tearing into Frost for wanting to play football, they should be after our dips*it comish. His actions are very short sighted and the Little 10 will look very foolish. Just wait and see.

I think Frost's stance on playing, the unified front throughout the university on playing, in stark contrast to the rest of league, will pay dividends long term with recruits going forward. Regardless if we play or not, stay in the B1G or move to another conference, we are proving that we will fight for a student athlete's best interest... I don't think that goes unnoticed.
winner, winner Tbone dinner. you dont have to win all the battles to win the war

If the other conferences play and the dumb Big 10 is sitting around scratching their ass, the landscape of college football will change, possibly permanently. We will still play in the future, but it will be the Power 3 instead of the Power 5. Change our name to the Little 10.

Instead of everyone tearing into Frost for wanting to play football, they should be after our dips*it comish. His actions are very short sighted and the Little 10 will look very foolish. Just wait and see.
Put me down for a huge bet against that happening.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Put me down for a huge bet against that happening.

What, bet against the other teams playing? Sure, they might cancel and then we are back to square one. If they do play, the Big 10 will be at a huge disadvantage going forward. Good luck trying to recruit against teams that are actually playing, not to mention the massive financial flip. I commend the other conferences and will be rooting for them.

Reactions: bshirt73
I think the noises they're making are the right noises to make. They would be wise to stop short of trying to schedule and play games for 2020 after the conference has made clear that's not acceptable.
has there been anything definitive about Moos actually trying to schedule games?

or is that just conjecture based on message board-itis?

I haven't seen any reports of phone calls made or received. lot of people talking out of school about how others shouldn't be talking out of school.

has there been anything definitive about Moos actually trying to schedule games?

or is that just conjecture based on message board-itis?

I haven't seen any reports of phone calls made or received. lot of people talking out of school about how others shouldn't be talking out of school.
Nothing definitive but a lot of signals being sent and a lot of tires being kicked I think. They're probably in the, "Hey are we just talking about this or are we talking about this" phase with some schools. Sounds like NDSU reached out but that's no shock, schools like that have lost all their money games.

Gene Smith just shut it down on OSU "exploring its options" so you imagine they talked to the league office and it was made clear there will be no tolerance for members scheduling games. My read on it is that if NU thinks they're playing in 2020 then they're also looking for a new conference.

Nothing definitive but a lot of signals being sent and a lot of tires being kicked I think. They're probably in the, "Hey are we just talking about this or are we talking about this" phase.

Gene Smith just shut it down on OSU "exploring its options" so you imagine they talked to the league office and it was made clear there will be no tolerance for members scheduling games. My read on it is that if NU thinks they're playing in 2020 then they're also looking for a new conference.
Oh, you think? In other words, nothing to base this on.

Thanks for clarifying. Back to the soapbox you go, completely unfazed, I'm sure.

I think the noises they're making are the right noises to make. They would be wise to stop short of trying to schedule and play games for 2020 after the conference has made clear that's not acceptable.
agree. make your stance perfectly clear to Big 10 (and espn), count your monetary losses and be ready to ?.
more and more convinced this is nothing but a political decision and if you cause damage by your decisions you should be held accountable.

Oh, you think? In other words, nothing to base this on.

Thanks for clarifying. Back to the soapbox you go, completely unfazed, I'm sure.
That's what's fun about you, the setup really had me thinking you were trying to be part of the conversation but then POP ya got me with the uppercut for thinking you were actually going to talk football with the adults.

To be fair Scott isn't really a player in this. Above his head if his check gets cashed
That's what's odd, it was pretty clear that for the noises Ryan Day made, his AD and President were kinda standing behind him looking at the league office like, "Yeah don't worry about him, he's just blowing off some steam, we're all good."

One doesn't get that impression with NU, it feels like a very coordinated campaign that dammit we're going to play football and you better go along or be dragged. I get the reasons you signal to your kids that you fought for them. I'm unclear on the benefit of letting it go on very long.

That's what's fun about you, the setup really had me thinking you were trying to be part of the conversation but then POP ya got me with the uppercut for thinking you were actually going to talk football with the adults.
Sure. Let's spend some more time discussing a thing that will never happen
you said it best, mate. and your comments about Frost's pressers aren't exactly 'talking football'.

save it.

To be fair Scott isn't really a player in this. Above his head if his check gets cashed
true, but at the same time, he has stated a lot of things in his 3 years here that haven't come to pass. Moos is a bit guilty as well. You know what I'm talking about.

I'm mostly interested to see how much of our strategy relied on a viable B1G partner, namely OSU. With their "explorations" we could have forced the issue. They have taken themselves out of that race. So it'll be interesting to see if we cave soon, or if we end up taking a few more days to feel it out because we might have a viable loophole.

Nothing definitive but a lot of signals being sent and a lot of tires being kicked I think. They're probably in the, "Hey are we just talking about this or are we talking about this" phase with some schools. Sounds like NDSU reached out but that's no shock, schools like that have lost all their money games.

I guess you've never heard of the term empty threat. The Big 10 won't do anything if we go against their wishes. Even if they did, the Big 12 would take us back in a heartbeat. I'm not really worried about the response of the Big 10 or what they think. I care about the Nebraska program and what's best for our interests, not the Big 10's interests.

That's what's odd, it was pretty clear that for the noises Ryan Day made, his AD and President were kinda standing behind him looking at the league office like, "Yeah don't worry about him, he's just blowing off some steam, we're all good."

One doesn't get that impression with NU, it feels like a very coordinated campaign that dammit we're going to play football and you better go along or be dragged. I get the reasons you signal to your kids that you fought for them. I'm unclear on the benefit of letting it go on very long.

Nothing makes sense anymore, maybe its just the "new normal."

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
I guess you've never heard of the term empty threat. The Big 10 won't do anything if we go against their wishes..
I wouldn't bet on that. I seriously doubt the other B10 members see it that way. Sanctions would be substantial.

Why are people upset that Maryland negotiated the best deal for Maryland

Nebraska negotiated their own deal and signed off being fully aware of every single word of the contract. No one forced them to sign. Don’t complain about a deal you actively negotiated and signed off on.

Why are people upset that Maryland negotiated the best deal for Maryland

Nebraska negotiated their own deal and signed off being fully aware of every single word of the contract. No one forced them to sign. Don’t complain about a deal you actively negotiated and signed off on.
we don't know the complete details, do we?
Just throwing out a possible reason.

What the hell is taking so long - get on the phone
which brings up an interesting point - rounds of negotiations, drafting and amending, final approval - the lawyers will need at least a couple weeks to put a deal together. Better get things started soon. Schools is about to begin and September is approaching fast. I suppose they could reach an agreement of understanding and fill in the details later but that is not how government institutions normally operate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT