ADVERTISEMENT

Hats off to Iowa

For some reason it posted. Nebraska kids would walk on and many good lineman would come out of it. NCAA didn't test for steroids which also didn't hurt. All of this success now has Nebraska fans thinking they deserve 10 and 11 win seasons.

Reactions: sltldowney
I lived in Nebraska in a time when you got spoiled. You were in the big 8 and would schedule anyone preseason you could beat and then have one game to win Okkahoma. Once in a while Colorado and then could play for the National Championship. You were allowed 55 ships a year and unlimited walkons.. With no other schools in the state N

Oh lord. You are proving my point about talking football with Iowa fans. No one was talking about the "good ol' days" until you brought it up. But since you did:

Final 1995 AP Top 25
1. Nebraska
5. Colorado
7. Kansas State
9. Kansas

2. Florida

Final 1994 AP Top 25
1. Nebraska
3. Colorado
19. Kansas State

6. Miami

Final 1993 AP Top 25
3. Nebraska
16. Colorado
17. Oklahoma
20. Kansas State

Oh lord. You are proving my point about talking football with Iowa fans. No one was talking about the "good ol' days" until you brought it up. But since you did:

Final 1995 AP Top 25
1. Nebraska
5. Colorado
7. Kansas State
9. Kansas

2. Florida

Final 1994 AP Top 25
1. Nebraska
3. Colorado
19. Kansas State

6. Miami

Final 1993 AP Top 25
3. Nebraska
16. Colorado
17. Oklahoma
20. Kansas State

Not to mention when did a conference ever finish #1,#2,#3 at years end like in 1971..And I know that is ancient history but no other conference has achieved that..

Not to mention when did a conference ever finish #1,#2,#3 at years end like in 1971..And I know that is ancient history but no other conference has achieved that..

Not to mention that Iowa fans say that it's "not the 1990s" whenever you try to talk football with them. You could be talking about the North Carolina vs Boston College game, and they'd find a way to weave in that narrative. Must suck to be more obsessed about another program being down than about your own program's direction.

I hate Iowa. They are Nebraska when we had Bo, very mediocre, but you’d think they have a rich history of championships by listening to their dipshit, hillbilly fan base. I hope they lose every single game, every year, from now until the end of time.

I hate Iowa. They are Nebraska when we had Bo, very mediocre, but you’d think they have a rich history of championships by listening to their dipshit, hillbilly fan base. I hope they lose every single game, every year, from now until the end of time.

Except Pelini won 1.5 more games per year on average than Ferentz.

All time Coaching wins.

Solich 164 wins
Ferentz 164 wins

Let’s give these Coaches around of applause..

For some reason it posted. Nebraska kids would walk on and many good lineman would come out of it. NCAA didn't test for steroids which also didn't hurt. All of this success now has Nebraska fans thinking they deserve 10 and 11 win seasons.

It's not about deserving anything. It's about not being content with mediocre results.

Reactions: headcard
I lived in Nebraska in a time when you got spoiled. You were in the big 8 and would schedule anyone preseason you could beat and then have one game to win Okkahoma. Once in a while Colorado and then could play for the National Championship. You were allowed 55 ships a year and unlimited walkons.. With no other schools in the state N
you represent the Iowa fan base perfectly, and that is not a compliment. congrats

Disappointing Nebraska fans have to argue and dispute Iowa's success versus ours.

Iowa is a pitiful college football example, one we've help look good the last several years. That's coming to an end ...

Last edited:
Your memory is skewed but we get that a lot from Hawkeye fans. Old age does that to you! Congrats on a win against the SEC. Enjoy it and go ahead and try to put us down - we're used to that with Riley and Eichorst's disaster. But be warned - things are a changing in Lincoln.

Reactions: husker2612
They aren’t that good, they are Bo Light.

This thread is going to be awesome. I'm not going to come over here and talk about next season or if that defense was actually the best in the country. What I will say is Iowa beat a good SEC team in Florida and if, as a memeber of the same confrence, you cannot say "good job" you are displaying little bro behavior.

Troy 24 - Nebraska 19
I am starting to think Iowa and UCF are the same program. They say we live in the past, they live for the single year. I would take a historic past vs 2 or 3 years of good right now, any day.
Yes Nebraska has been down. But go look at some history books. There isn't a once great program that has not fallen off for 10-20 year periods. IOnly to rise back to the top. It has and will happen to everyone. So you want to be proud to beat us when we were in our down period, Or pin point our bad losses( by the way North Dakota St says Hi), great. Congrats.
Times are a changing. IF you can't see Nebraska is on the rise you are blind or stupid. Consistently losing to middle of the pack teams like Iowa is over.

This thread is going to be awesome. I'm not going to come over here and talk about next season or if that defense was actually the best in the country. What I will say is Iowa beat a good SEC team in Florida and if, as a memeber of the same confrence, you cannot say "good job" you are displaying little bro behavior.
So the guy that lives on another teams message board, running his mouth and displaying his ignorance year round, wants congrats in the name of conference loyalty?

I always love this reasoning. It’s as if Iowa fans have no recollection of Big Ten football history.

Perhaps, due to their historical mediocrity Iowa fans prefer to block out the past.

I’m 32 and I have never witnessed Iowa win an outright Big Ten football title.

Iowa sucks. Bowls are meaningless unless it is the playoffs. I will cheer for any other BIG10 team but Iowa
For that matter any National Championship claimed outside the playoff system is simply mythical and left to conjecture. Asterisks are appropriate for those claimed prior to the playoffs considering we now have an actual system in place.

Iowa players currently use steroids. It's pretty much a known fact.

It took Ferentz 55 minutes to realize they couldn't run and the nation's best TE was wearing the same jersey as his team. Give him another 20 years for that masterpiece. Take out the long TD and Iowa has 124 yards in 50 plays. Thank goodness Moorhead undercoached him. Congratulations, I guess.

Funny how your group tries to define the standards we should live by but yet fail in coming close to them yourselves. If you're who I think you are, then you're one of the loudest anti-Nebraska Iowans on your board. You all need to look in the mirror!

It took Ferentz 55 minutes to realize they couldn't run and the nation's best TE was wearing the same jersey as his team. Give him another 20 years for that masterpiece. Take out the long TD and Iowa has 124 yards in 50 plays. Thank goodness Moorhead undercoached him. Congratulations, I guess.
Games run 60 minutes a win is a win. FYI Iowa wins the west hands down in 2019

Funny how your group tries to define the standards we should live by but yet fail in coming close to them yourselves. If you're who I think you are, then you're one of the loudest anti-Nebraska Iowans on your board. You all need to look in the mirror!
What? I have not set any standards. I simply said as confrence mates we should support each other and if you cannot get past your dislike for iowa to realize it's good for the confrence to win games that is very little bro like. If by living by the standards if you mean would I have cheered for nebby in a bowl, absolutely I would have. Also, if you see my name on here you have a really good idea of what it is on HR.

Reactions: wkato
What happened this year with an easier schedule.o_O

4 teams could win the West and Nebraska will be one of the 4..
Nebraska will lose about 2/3 of its offensive output with Ozigbo and Morgan gone. Back to back 4 win seasons casts doubt on any noticeable improvement, it would be a total shock to the world for Nebraska to challenge for the west in 2019, maybe in 2020 but Martinez will leave school early.

Last edited:
Nebraska will lose about 2/3 of its offensive output with Ozigbo and Washington gone. Back to back 4 win seasons casts doubt on any noticeable improvement, it would be a total shock to the world for Nebraska to challenge for the west in 2019, maybe in 2020 but Martinez will leave school early.

Washington, he is not leaving he will only be a Sophomore... Know your facts before you post...I Think your full of $&i££.

Martinez isn’t leaving after 2019 either maybe after 2020..

Nebraska will lose about 2/3 of its offensive output with Ozigbo and Washington gone. Back to back 4 win seasons casts doubt on any noticeable improvement, it would be a total shock to the world for Nebraska to challenge for the west in 2019, maybe in 2020 but Martinez will leave school early.
Washington is not gone and it’s going to shock absolutely nobody if Nebraska challenges for the west. Thanks for the laugh.

Also, you are projecting Martinez to leave after his Sophomore year? Bold strategy by him. Not sure it will pay off sitting out a whole year of football.

Washington, he is not leaving he will only be a Sophomore... Know your facts before you post...I Think your full of $&i££.

Martinez isn’t leaving after 2019 either maybe after 2020..

Stanley Morgan not Washington and you lose a lot of firepower in Morgan and Ozigbo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT