ADVERTISEMENT

Harper Murray DUI

Thursday night. My daughter’s best friend had given her a pair of concert tickets as a Christmas gift. They both had promised their husbands they would be home by 11:00 as they both had to be to work the next day. They were a few blocks from home. A 6000 lb flatbed pickup going 102 mph is a missle. A fraction of a second was the difference between life & death. His BAC was .162 an hour after the accident. He walked away with a broken wrist. They needed dental records to identify my daughter & her best friend. Fortunately, all 3 were killed by blunt force trauma instead of by the fire the impact caused.
What kind of car/truck was your daughter in or would that have even mattered?

And, totally feel free to not even answer if it just totally sucks for you to talk about.

What kind of car/truck was your daughter in or would that have even mattered?

And, totally feel free to not even answer if it just totally sucks for you to talk about.
My daughter was driving a Nissan Armada. Big SUV. He ran a red light. 102 mph. Up hill. No brakes. He hit the passenger door square. Drove right through them & ended up about 20 yards on the other side. So drunk driving is a big deal to me & I don’t want to see this happen to anyone else. It can be prevented IF we have the intestinal fortitude as a society.

Ozzy,

Please give the girl a break. I imagine she would be quite moved by your story. How cannot one not be?

You nor I have any idea what the circumstances are beyond arrest.

I am glad no one was hurt, and she can go forward.

Just do not do it again.
Spectrum - I hope you are continuing to get better. The saying that “time heals all wounds” isn’t true, at least not entirely. There will always be pain. That’s the price of love. Blessings to you.

My daughter was driving a Nissan Armada. Big SUV. He ran a red light. 102 mph. Up hill. No brakes. He hit the passenger door square. Drove right through them & ended up about 20 yards on the other side. So drunk driving is a big deal to me & I don’t want to see this happen to anyone else. It can be prevented IF we have the intestinal fortitude as a society.
I would imagine it is, how could it not be. Totally horrible.

I
Spectrum - I hope you are continuing to get better. The saying that “time heals all wounds” isn’t true, at least not entirely. There will always be pain. That’s the price of love. Blessings to you.
Absolutely true . Don’t know how long it is for you but it’s been 39 years since my brother died. My parents passed recently they had pain every day until they passed and my other brother and myself will have pain until we pass.

As a rule in Nebraska first time DUI, absent any other factors, usually results in this:

-- six months probation (often but not always supervised)

-- fine up or down from $500

-- alcohol education classes once a month for six months (successful completion required)

-- DL impounded for six months.

With a good attorney she should land around those and leave the judicial process with a profound desire to do nothing to reenter it.
And IF she owns a car her insurance rates will punish her for years as well. Damn I just got my car insurance renewals and about fell over. Part of the issue is we have judges and prosecutors who are willing to reduce charges in order to get a quick guilty plea. I think in some states it takes 4 DUIs before you go to the pen. Unfortunately too many local prosecutors like to drink and have friends who like to drink. A county sheriff I knew frequently drove home after lengthy social outings. In many small towns especially I think it's ingrained socially. Hell I've been to Cedar County high school graduations yard parties where all the high schoolers were pounding down alcohol in public. :(

I

Absolutely true . Don’t know how long it is for you but it’s been 39 years since my brother died. My parents passed recently they had pain every day until they passed and my other brother and myself will have pain until we pass.
I can not imagine. I've lost 2 siblings and that was awful but losing one of my children would be more than I could bear.

Day by day it gets better, but I still am really tore up.

If you love deeply, your pain is equal.

I am grateful for Spring, and all our daylight coming back.

And IF she owns a car her insurance rates will punish her for years as well. Damn I just got my car insurance renewals and about fell over. Part of the issue is we have judges and prosecutors who are willing to reduce charges in order to get a quick guilty plea. I think in some states it takes 4 DUIs before you go to the pen. Unfortunately too many local prosecutors like to drink and have friends who like to drink. A county sheriff I knew frequently drove home after lengthy social outings. In many small towns especially I think it's ingrained socially. Hell I've been to Cedar County high school graduations yard parties where all the high schoolers were pounding down alcohol in public. :(
This whole post is spot on.

Ignorance must truly be bliss.

It used to be a severe wait to get an Uber at 1am or 2am. And $25 is a lot when you go out and only have $20 to spend.
So your argument is: it’s too expensive and too time consuming to get an Uber and therefore simply driving to the bar scene, getting smashed up, and then driving home is more justifiable? You also said it “used to be a severe wait.” So it’s not anymore? What are you trying to say here?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Day by day it gets better, but I still am really tore up.

If you love deeply, your pain is equal.

I am grateful for Spring, and all our daylight coming back.
Sunshine and warm spring days are good medicine. A trip to a Hooters doesn't hurt either.

I can not imagine. I've lost 2 siblings and that was awful but losing one of my children would be more than I could bear.
Yep not sure how my parents did it my brother died in 1985 .when we had other kids die in our area my mom would always bring the parents 1 rose and a teddy bear. If they had siblings I would go along to comfort them . They would ask if this the worst pain they would have.I would tell them the only pain worse is what their parents are in .

Yep not sure how my parents did it my brother died in 1985 .when we had other kids die in our area my mom would always bring the parents 1 rose and a teddy bear. If they had siblings I would go along to comfort them . They would ask if this the worst pain they would have.I would tell them the only pain worse is what their parents are in .
My mother said the worst thing for parents is to bury one of there children, my parents had to for two of my siblings. Children are supposed to bury their parents not the other way around

So your argument is: it’s too expensive and too time consuming to get an Uber and therefore simply driving to the bar scene, getting smashed up, and then driving home is more justifiable? You also said it “used to be a severe wait.” So it’s not anymore? What are you trying to say here?
I'm sorry it's so difficult to be this low IQ in today's internet for you to be able to understand relevant arguments. .

To clarify: when I was first starting out there were not as many Uber drivers as there are now. I assume it's easier to get a ride now.

If you need a lesson in supply and demand let me know.

I'm sorry it's so difficult to be this low IQ in today's internet for you to be able to understand relevant arguments. .

To clarify: when I was first starting out there were not as many Uber drivers as there are now. I assume it's easier to get a ride now.

Also, it is really dumb, but when you are super tuned up that doesn't go through your mind. Especially when you are young, you think it is easy drive home, especially in Lincoln. I don't advocate for drunk driving at all and I know things are way different now with Uber and Lyft and not sure if 475 ride still exists, but sometimes in Downtown Lincoln it gets annoying when you are going to have to wait for hours to get home. There were many times in college when I was waiting for 475 ride that I would either walk 3+ miles home or just take the plunge. It was stupid, but when you are hammered you make dumb decisions.

I'm glad no one was hurt and hopefully she has her eyes wide open now. Next one she is headed for the clink and a felony.

You freak when you make an ass out of yourself. It is hilarious.

You let his last post noodle around in your head for a week, and this is the best response you got? Do better
Not on here every hour of every day like you and your bro GBRforLife1. You literally responded 3 minutes after I posted that and it took him 2 minutes. I think that says more about you two than it does me. You live on a message board and you’re making fun of me? Haha

Not on here every hour of every day like you and your bro GBRforLife1. You literally responded 3 minutes after I posted that and it took him 2 minutes. I think that says more about you two than it does me. You live on a message board and you’re making fun of me? Haha
You let my post noodle around in your brain and this is the best you got? Do better

Reactions: Huskers1588
Also, it is really dumb, but when you are super tuned up that doesn't go through your mind. Especially when you are young, you think it is easy drive home, especially in Lincoln. I don't advocate for drunk driving at all and I know things are way different now with Uber and Lyft and not sure if 475 ride still exists, but sometimes in Downtown Lincoln it gets annoying when you are going to have to wait for hours to get home. There were many times in college when I was waiting for 475 ride that I would either walk 3+ miles home or just take the plunge. It was stupid, but when you are hammered you make dumb decisions.

I'm glad no one was hurt and hopefully she has her eyes wide open now. Next one she is headed for the clink and a felony.
475 ride was much more reliable at taking us downtown in college than taking us home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT