ADVERTISEMENT

Haarberg

Run the ball or lose the game.
record player GIF

At 5-2, thank God no one calling for anything like this will be taken seriously by anybody of importance.

The measured response would be to monitor Satt’s offense and if it doesn’t substantially improve, you shit-can him after the season.
He has sucked for 2 years shit can him asap.

Chubba Purdy’s last 2 games (starts) at Nebraska

30/52 (58%) 358 yards.
2 td. 2 int
147 yards rushing 1 TD

Raiola’s last 2 games
41/71 (58%) 368 yards
0 tds. 4 int
negative 43 yards rushing

Run the ball or lose the game.
record player GIF
In all honesty, I think Rhule is afraid to pull DR in the game. Despite how poorly he has played the last 2 games, a coach who is committed to "trying to win" would have given Dylan some pine time before the game was decided and inserted HH just to see if he could spark the offense.

You don't have to pull him until midway in the 2nd quarter, but for chriminy sakes, the offense was doing nothing. It has to be frustrating for HH to come in, run for 9 yards, get pulled almost not to be seen again. Is there a remote chance that NU could have actually moved the ball on the ground with the running threat?

Just as Rhule is protecting his buddies Foley, Satt and Mcguire, he is also protecting Dylan from looking bad by making even a temporary change.

I'm not dogging DR, nor am I promoting HH, its just any coach worth a shit doesn't send up the white flag until they've exhausted any potential weapons that may help alter the outcome.

Would NU have won that game yesterday, of course not. But you send a bad message to the team that you worry more about one player than the success of then entire team.

we'll never know.. and you're right about him being the future, but I wouldn't have abandoned the run and put it all on a true freshman.. who knows.. maybe I'd have a better record than the preacher.. but yes, I would have done it different.
Again it’s the offensive coordinator that’s the problem..We seen what he did with three QB’s last year.. It’s obvious in his second year here he is pass happy and doesn’t like staying with the run game..

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
In all honesty, I think Rhule is afraid to pull DR in the game. Despite how poorly he has played the last 2 games, a coach who is committed to "trying to win" would have given Dylan some pine time before the game was decided and inserted HH just to see if he could spark the offense.

You don't have to pull him until midway in the 2nd quarter, but for chriminy sakes, the offense was doing nothing. It has to be frustrating for HH to come in, run for 9 yards, get pulled almost not to be seen again. Is there a remote chance that NU could have actually moved the ball on the ground with the running threat?

Just as Rhule is protecting his buddies Foley, Satt and Mcguire, he is also protecting Dylan from looking bad by making even a temporary change.

I'm not dogging DR, nor am I promoting HH, its just any coach worth a shit doesn't send up the white flag until they've exhausted any potential weapons that may help alter the outcome.

Would NU have won that game yesterday, of course not. But you send a bad message to the team that you worry more about one player than the success of then entire team.
I want to know which one of the walk-on 4th string left tackles gets to go in Rhule's office at 5 in the morning when he's sleeping and wake him up?

Reactions: GGdowski

He builds for the future and not to win now, we knew that going in. He's totally invested in DR as he's the best option and hardest work ethic. I would love to see them use the weapons they have , meaning HH more.

He builds for the future and not to win now, we knew that going in. He's totally invested in DR as he's the best option and hardest work ethic. I would love to see them use the weapons they have , meaning HH more.
“Building for the future” is the go to phrase for present day losers

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
No point in trying to win now with 16 returning starters as Seniors and a 5* QB to run an offense.

I don't think NU magically just wins 10 games next year,

This just isn’t a viable excuse in today’s CFB world.

You need momentum. With the transfer portal, not only is that no longer an excuse… But if you aren’t showing out - the portal becomes your greatest enemy.

You simply cannot afford to hide behind the “builder” mantra in today’s CFB.

If Rhule tries to do that this off season, instead of getting rid of some staff dead weight in favor of a couple elite recruiters… I will have a lot less faith in his long term ability to be successful here.

This just isn’t a viable excuse in today’s CFB world.

You need momentum. With the transfer portal, not only is that no longer an excuse… But if you aren’t showing out - the portal becomes your greatest enemy.

You simply cannot afford to hide behind the “builder” mantra in today’s CFB.

If Rhule tries to do that this off season, instead of getting rid of some staff dead weight in favor of a couple elite recruiters… I will have a lot less faith in his long term ability to be successful here.
It's not hiding, it's what he is, excepting it is another thing. People need to stop supporting the sorry ass program and demand change.

Again it’s the offensive coordinator that’s the problem..We seen what he did with three QB’s last year.. It’s obvious in his second year here he is pass happy and doesn’t like staying with the run game..
Agree. Look at the guys history. He was run out of South Carolina last year. Look at his résumé. He is 0% qualified to be the offensive coordinator anywhere let alone the University of Nebraska.

Not going to happen, but you start having a 3/4 full stadium, you would see some major changes. I don’t even mean firing the head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT