ADVERTISEMENT

Haarberg vs. Sims - Who Should Start

If Sims is back to full strength who should start?

• Total voters
I think Jim used up all of his eligibility. Or are you talking John? Both may be busy coaching that weekend 😄

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

As much as I want to see Sims (the athletic freak that he is), his decision making and ball security has been sus, and that scares me. Haarberg has been more consistent, with some big play ability. I think you have to stick with him. I'd rather have someone who can not lose games vs a few flashes of brilliance, followed by wtf.
I don't want to knock Sims. I'm not about that life, its simply current production and stats. I'll have to trust Rhule and co will make the right decision.

One has nothing to do with the other..Merle bringing up updated statistics from the NCAA
with sims: averaged 274 yards total offense (131st in the country)
with HH: averaged 354.5 yards total offense (89th in the country)

and sims played maybe the worst defense on the schedule in CU

putting the two together and saying HH is "99th in total offense" is not accurate

Last edited:
Who’s your pick?
Right now, you start Haarberg as he has been winning, but if HH starts to play like Illinois I think it is worth a shot to at least see Sims. If he performs the same way, fine, close the book on him and maybe get him in at TE or something, but I want to see competition at this point try to push these QB's to a different level. I think the entire offense needs it at this point.

with sims: averaged 274 yards total offense (131st in the country)
with HH: averaged 354.5 yards total offense (89th in the country)

and sims played maybe the worst defense on the schedule in CU

putting the two together and saying HH is "99th in total offense" is not accurate
Yes it is… Average per game, 98th in the country..Leave Sims out of the conversation for once..

Last edited:
Yes it is… Average per game, 99th in the country..Leave Sims out of the conversation for once..
that stat includes Sims' 2 games.

Average per game with only HH is 89th in the country (354.5 ypg)

I am trying to leave sims out.

if you want to say Nebraska as a whole has the 99th offense in the country, that would be accurate.

This is also along my lines of thinking. Maybe Sims provides a spark. With HH this offense is 89th in the country. Based on the defense we are playing, that is ****in terrible. If the spark isn't there, close the book on Sims and try to get to a bowl the Iowa way with Defense and Special Teams.

that stat includes Sims' 2 games.

Average per game with only HH is 89th in the country (354.5 ypg)

I am trying to leave sims out.

if you want to say Nebraska as a whole has the 99th offense in the country, that would be accurate.
Nope, 98th averaging 163.8 per game.. Individual per game total offence.

This is also along my lines of thinking. Maybe Sims provides a spark. With HH this offense is 89th in the country. Based on the defense we are playing, that is ****in terrible. If the spark isn't there, close the book on Sims and try to get to a bowl the Iowa way with Defense and Special Teams.
with sims, the offense was 131st in the country

and he played against the worst defense on the schedule

I guess that's somehow not "****in terrible"

I'd be tempted to say the last choice offered above but on this board I'd be accused of being a woche libtard.

Reactions: Lincoln100
with sims, the offense was 131st in the country

and he played against the worst defense on the schedule

I guess that's somehow not "****in terrible"
It is ****in terrible, but we literally saw him for 2 games after a coaching change. He looked like shit early, I agree, but who knows what we were going to get with an entire new staff. Everyone loves to play the what if game, but Sims is a pretty ****in good athlete. Actually didn't look too bad running the ball either. The dude also didn't get to play against 2 cupcakes either because of injury. Everything is up in the air and this offense needs a spark. Start having competition at all levels. I think we should start Fleeks or EJ as well just to see what they do as the man. I think we should start rotating in OL folks. This offense is garbage and everything needs to be a competition.

Reactions: Lincoln100
It is ****in terrible, but we literally saw him for 2 games after a coaching change. He looked like shit early, I agree, but who knows what we were going to get with an entire new staff. Everyone loves to play the what if game, but Sims is a pretty ****in good athlete. Actually didn't look too bad running the ball either. The dude also didn't get to play against 2 cupcakes either because of injury. Everything is up in the air and this offense needs a spark. Start having competition at all levels. I think we should start Fleeks or EJ as well just to see what they do as the man. I think we should start rotating in OL folks. This offense is garbage and everything needs to be a competition.
all you are doing is playing the "what if" game by ignoring sims's and HH's body of work and the literal facts of what happens when each play.

sims had the benefit of playing the worst defense we've played all year (by far). he put up 7 points and turned the ball over 3x.

they do have competition. Haarberg beat Sims out. get over it.

all you are doing is playing the "what if" game by ignoring sims's and HH's body of work and the literal facts of what happens when each play.

sims had the benefit of playing the worst defense we've played all year (by far). he put up 7 points and turned the ball over 3x.

they do have competition. Haarberg beat Sims out. get over it.

Listen, if HH gives us the best chance to win, so be it. I liked what I saw from Haarberg by not turning it over and I agree that his leadership is pretty damn good, but our offense sucks. I'm not an anti-Haarberg guy, in fact I advocated for him thinking he was going to continue to grow, but he was really bad on Friday. It wasn't just his picks and bad throws, he also missed a ton of open dudes. Like I said, I think this offense needs a spark, but also it may just close the door fully on Sims which may be good for the fanbase as well. To me its a win-win.

this is not an "if" scenario.

it's not even a question.

as bad as he was on Friday, he doubled Sims's highest point output this year.

zoom out. I'm glad to see the results of this poll are overwhelmingly in agreement.
I guess we will see how Rhule handles going forward. I think it is going to be similar to what I've stated. Sims is going to get another shot when he is healthy. It either gives us the shot in the arm we need or HH is the #1 no matter what. Time will tell. Either way I hope we continue to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT