ADVERTISEMENT

"Grinder" with no hobbies

LOL at comparing Frost to Saban
Seriously. if Frost and Saban both value leisure time, that is the first and last thing they have in common.

Saban wins more games in a season than Frost won in his entire tenure as Nebraska's head coach. That gives Saban a little more leverage to say he wants to sit on a boat in the offseason.

Seriously. if Frost and Saban both value leisure time, that is the first and last thing they have in common.

Saban wins more games in a season than Frost won in his entire tenure as Nebraska's head coach. That gives Saban a little more leverage to say he wants to sit on a boat in the offseason.
Couldn’t agreement more. While I get the sense of entitlement many seem to have today. You are better off if you actually put in a shift and have your work speak for itself.

I don't know if Meyer falls into that category anymore. Who knows, maybe Meyer to get it turned around and Mickey stays on as head coach in waiting. Probably not realistic
I could be wrong, but I bet the days of Urban being motivated to be the best are behind him. Sure, He will take the huge amount of money given to him from a school who hires him, but my guess is he will never be elite again. Urban is a different cat than Saban. I don't see him as a grinder anymore. So, I think if a school wants to give him piles of cash and then watch him walk away using his health as a reason when the going gets tough then Urban is your man. (I think TV is perfect for Urban. He can be the man with all the answers and not have to prove anything).

I could be wrong, but I bet the days of Urban being motivated to be the best are behind him. Sure, He will take the huge amount of money given to him from a school who hires him, but my guess is he will never be elite again. Urban is a different cat than Saban. I don't see him as a grinder anymore. So, I think if a school wants to give him piles of cash and then watch him walk away using his health as a reason when the going gets tough then Urban is your man. (I think TV is perfect for Urban. He can be the man with all the answers and not have to prove anything).
That's my only fear in pursuing him. Which is why I'm doubtful Trev even tries.

I doubt we have a snowball's chance in hell of landing Urban Meyer. But with that said, he's only 58 years old. The greatest coach in the world, Kirk Ferentz, is ten years older.

The question isn't could he do it, but would he want to do it? Nebraska in 2022 isn't Florida or Ohio State.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Saban makes time for those silly Aflac commercials

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT