ADVERTISEMENT

"Grinder" with no hobbies

beaglehusker

Head Coach
Sep 29, 2006
Trev basically laid it out there in his PC, so who fits the bill of a grinder.

Please no more hires of coaches who won't put in the work.

Reactions: moralvictories
I don't know if Meyer falls into that category anymore. Who knows, maybe Meyer to get it turned around and Mickey stays on as head coach in waiting. Probably not realistic

Reactions: BleedRed78
Different styles work for different coaches. But whatever the situation was, Frost's style obviously did not work for him.

Reactions: headcard
Saban has hobbies. Likes spending hours on his boat. He also spends hours golfing. Dumba55 Trev doesn’t want that.
That's not it at all. Do your job. Manage your team. Get to practices on time. Don't F around down town and hang out the bars. Be the CEO that gets paid millions of dollars that you're suppose to be. That's the basics. Frost was struggling to do even that.

Saban has hobbies. Likes spending hours on his boat. He also spends hours golfing. Dumba55 Trev doesn’t want that.
pretty sure Saban is locked in during the season. I think this is more of "putting football 1st" and grinding it out everyday with details which, if we are being honest, didn't happen with the last 2 coaches. Quite honestly not since TO

That's not it at all. Do your job. Manage your team. Get to practices on time. Don't F around down town and hang out the bars. Be the CEO that gets paid millions of dollars that you're suppose to be. That's the basics. Frost was struggling to do even that.
Bigly.

Why don't you have confidence in Trev?
When frost gave up play calling He mentioned how him and trev agreed he could spend more time hunting and fishing. (Hobbies)
Trev isn’t playing chess like people assume. He is grasping at straws. He had no plan and it’s why after 3 games there in an interim coach.
Trev was aware of how practices ran. Not once did he do anything about it.

When frost gave up play calling He mentioned how him and trev agreed he could spend more time hunting and fishing. (Hobbies)
Trev isn’t playing chess like people assume. He is grasping at straws. He had no plan and it’s why after 3 games there in an interim coach.
the-dude-lebowski.gif

Trev told him he could spend more time hunting and fishing during football season? Your right...If Trev knew that practices were a shit show....He should have fired him last year.

Trev knew how this would play out. It just happened sooner than expected.

He didn't want to play along with this charade, but someone higher on the food chain had other plans.

Now the plan is in motion. 22 is likely lost, but he has the luxury of time to get the right coach.

He'll get it right.

thanks for joining today, you are offering some great intel

It's interesting the word grinder is used in light of reports of frost slacking
it's also interesting how a non fumbling workhorse rb can gain chucks of yards with reports of a slacking oline
it's also interesting how mickey could be the answer with reports of him recruiting well in the nebraska, texas and other various places. perhaps mickey could direct attention to the so cal area recruiting with usc and ucla being games soon.
also of intrest is how mickey works with the nil/transfer portal on getting some defense players on up in here.

these are things of intrest thus far

Last edited:
“Not once did he do anything about it.”
Does firing him 3 games into the season count? Asking for a friend

LOL at comparing Frost to Saban

LOL at Frost wanting to hunt in season, now he can sit on his millions in a duck blind with his bottles of whatever as much as he wants

Firemen, FB coaches and female elementary teachers, they are the masters are telling you how much they work and grind.

Trev basically laid it out there in his PC, so who fits the bill of a grinder.

Please no more hires of coaches who won't put in the work.
I don't think this means what you think it does. When someone lays out these kinds of things, it tells you what their immediate thinking is, which is directly influenced by the last guy who just got let go.

It's not an indictment of football coaches who have hobbies, it's an indictment of Scott Frost. It tells you pretty directly that Scott didn't work too hard and had too many hobbies (most likely drinking). Of course he can't come out and directly say these things, but this gives you a direct insight into what Trev doesn't want (which tells you what was happening). It's how you read between the lines.

I think he just means a coach that is more interested in running a program than getting wasted and chasing coeds.

I don't think this means what you think it does. When someone lays out these kinds of things, it tells you what their immediate thinking is, which is directly influenced by the last guy who just got let go.

It's not an indictment of football coaches who have hobbies, it's an indictment of Scott Frost. It tells you pretty directly that Scott didn't work too hard and had too many hobbies (most likely drinking). Of course he can't come out and directly say these things, but this gives you a direct insight into what Trev doesn't want (which tells you what was happening). It's how you read between the lines.
Yes I understand. Just cause I don't want to type 3,000 words doesn't mean I don't get it. How many more coaches can we hire that don't put enough focus and work into the job.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Firemen, FB coaches and female elementary teachers, they are the masters are telling you how much they work and grind.
I live with an elementary teacher, she does grind but never bitches publicly. It’s the elementary teachers I work with that let me know how much more they do and how hard they grind that I’ve learned to give the over the top eye roll.

I live with an elementary teacher, she does grind but never bitches publicly. It’s the elementary teachers I work with that let me know how much more they do and how hard they grind that I’ve learned to give the over the top eye roll.
Oh for sure! Look...it is okay if you don't grade those 30 pictures of the house that they drew today...things will be okay.

With the way some of the act you would think they need to grade that 4 question math WS tonight or else lil Toby won't become a doctor.

Also, nice work covering your tracks with your girl just in case she reads your posts. #Smart

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT