ADVERTISEMENT

Green in the portal

Seems like he could have been in line for more PT next year. I think he really is more of a 4-3 DT, could see him having some success in the right fit.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Seems like he could have been in line for more PT next year. I think he really is more of a 4-3 DT, could see him having some success in the right fit.
He was sinking in the depth chart by the week. Did not play a snap at Rutgers. Had Jordan Riley been healthy he might not have played more than 10 snaps all season.

So was he a desperation pick-up for us or just bad evaluation?
Not sure. He was a late summer arrival, but was pretty highly rated. Seems like one of those late fliers we took a chance of, because he had talent. Joseph was kind of the same, hope he turns out better.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Starting to really not enjoy college football because of the constant turnover and bowl opt outs... really need to start paying the dang players. It’s not amateur athletics...maybe need to further divide the FCS and FBS.
I have only seen a few players opt out who made bowls. The major bowls don’t have anyone really opting out. The turnover is fine. As long as coaches can leave players should be able to as well.

He was sinking in the depth chart by the week. Did not play a snap at Rutgers. Had Jordan Riley been healthy he might not have played more than 10 snaps all season.
Riley moves like a crawler crane. Green probably should have been playing DE if our depth at NT wasn't abysmal.

Riley is higher up on depth chart than Green. Green wanant getting tick over any of our DE as they all were significantly better than him.
I don't think they were. Ty Robinson was terrible all year. Casey Rogers did okay pass rushing once in awhile, but was terrible against the run. Green should have been getting more PT at the very least, and I could see why he'd get upset with that.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
I don't think they were. Ty Robinson was terrible all year. Casey Rogers did okay pass rushing once in awhile, but was terrible against the run. Green should have been getting more PT at the very least, and I could see why he'd get upset with that.

Gonna just disagree. If he is really good he should land in a good spot from the portal, agree?

I have only seen a few players opt out who made bowls. The major bowls don’t have anyone really opting out. The turnover is fine. As long as coaches can leave players should be able to as well.
Yep and should be able to pull scholarships as well based on performance. Each man for themselves now.

Starting to really not enjoy college football because of the constant turnover and bowl opt outs... really need to start paying the dang players. It’s not amateur athletics...maybe need to further divide the FCS and FBS.

Yep.

I now expect more from college kids who think they deserve more than a free education.

If they suck they should be called out for it now with their demands.

Reactions: HuskerDubby
Florida’s top 3 receivers all opted out of the Cotton bowl tonight in Pitts, Toney and Grimes. Think I saw that their 4th leading receiver is out as well with Covid. I’d call the Cotton Bowl a pretty big bowl game wouldn’t you, or is it just playoffs and nothing else these days.

The DL room has decent numbers. They will be fine for depth. They still have 12 guys on scholarships in the room plus Feist.

Gonna just disagree. If he is really good he should land in a good spot from the portal, agree?
I think he'll find a decent place to play. He's a big, strong older kid. I have a hunch that he's a gamer and not a practice player. He needs to just go somewhere that he can start right away. Any Power 5 schools with serious depth issues will at least kick the tires with him.

Last edited:
They're 4 deep with monster sized dudes and added more in the class. Probably the only position on the team that a 4* dude quits and you're just like, "Eh, whatever."

We will have a solid 3-deep at NT with: Daniels. Riley and Nash. But who provides depth behind Rogers and Robinson (assuming Stille leaves)?

Last edited:
Florida’s top 3 receivers all opted out of the Cotton bowl tonight in Pitts, Toney and Grimes. Think I saw that their 4th leading receiver is out as well with Covid. I’d call the Cotton Bowl a pretty big bowl game wouldn’t you, or is it just playoffs and nothing else these days.

College Football has become like taking an unpaid internship to get some experience and pump up your resume in order to get a real job.

Bowl games are like company Christmas parties. You only go if you don't have anything better to do.

Reactions: huntered
We will have a solid 3-deep at NT with: Daniels. Riley and Nash. But who provides depth behind Rogers and Robinson (assuming Stille leaves)?

It's a good question but with the numbers I am sure they will get it worked out. I think Thomas is a shoe-in for that 2nd line. He was hurt most of this year but has a lot of experience. That leaves one open spot. Wildeman,Newsome and Black will be fighting to get into that spot. Hard to know where we are at until we see them in the spring game. Who knows maybe Weaver will come in as a monster.

Reactions: headcard
I think he'll find a decent place to play. He's a big, strong older kid. I have a hunch that he's a gamer and not a practice player. He needs to just go somewhere that he can start right away. Any Power 5 schools with serious depth issues will at least kick the tires with him.
Well he has had 12 games to show what he can do if you count 4 last year and 8 this year, if practice is not his way to show what he can do. You are right about quality D-lineman being a need for many. We shall see where he lands.... if he is really that guy who can flip a switch when the lights come on, he should have plenty of good options. I have seen enough to believe his options won’t be that great.

It's a good question but with the numbers I am sure they will get it worked out. I think Thomas is a shoe-in for that 2nd line. He was hurt most of this year but has a lot of experience. That leaves one open spot. Wildeman,Newsome and Black will be fighting to get into that spot. Hard to know where we are at until we see them in the spring game. Who knows maybe Weaver will come in as a monster.
Agreed, but I think Black may be more of a NT now? There’s been talk of Wildeman coming strong and he made trip to Rutgers.
Colton Feist has also been making a move to provide depth.
Chris Walker will still be here.
Could “potentially” move Damian Jackson back to DL- good to see him getting a few snaps this year.
I just saw they got Jamin Graham listed as DL now which could be a good fit if he can add a ton of weight. May need an extra year of lifting.

We need more DL in the 21 class.

Just flat out wrong. Green has shown nothing to deserve more PT. Your love to hate on Ty is also wrong. For others in this thread, this guy was headed to the SEC but for some JC class. Green is a bust. Sometimes it's on the player.

I saw one play where Keem seemed like he had some promise. He ran to the sideline to push someone out of bounds. Other than that, he was invisible.

Best of luck to him.

Gotta be honest. Our player development sucks. Big time. Green is just another example. We all can just throw out the “he’s a bust,” but basically, another statistic against this staff.

Reactions: oldjar07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT