ADVERTISEMENT

Grant

There's a bit of overreaction here. The coaching staff seemed to play Grant as the starter for some reason even after addressing fumbling issues to the media after fall camp and praising Ervin all fall camp. I don't understand that. If you look at the play by play, could have sworn Grant was the starter and Ervin the backup even though they were listed the exact opposite of that. Grant should play, I just don't know why he was the acting starter in this game.

Reactions: WHCSC
Grant is the ONLY back that has some wow factor to him... there is a reason none of those backs have played the last 2 or 3 years
Wow factor?
Averaged 3.0 ypc last night
Add the Fumble and he is responsible for v a negative factor in field position. Wow!

Averaged a pedestrian 4.2 ypc last year but most of it was bolstered by early season performances against very weak defenses.As the season went on and we played B10 defenses, he wilted like a dollar store flower. Wow!

Sorry to be snarky but there isn't a back on our team I associate with the word 'wow'
Not in a positive way.

Average backs, recievers, OL (on a good day). Poor coaching decisions. QB- poor.
That is our offense.
Our only score was a pathetic trick play. I didn't see one player on offense that made me think we need to focus on him. Even Ervin has a weird running style. Nothing great about him and he might be our best offensive player.

Last edited:
Wow factor?
Add the Fumble and he is responsible for v a negative factor in field position. Wow!

Averaged a pedestrian 4.2 ypc last year but most of it was bolstered by early season performances against very weak defenses.As the season went on and we played B10 defenses, he wilted like a dollar store flower. Wow!

Sorry to be snarky but there isn't a back on our team I associate with the word 'wow'
Not in a positive way.
yep

grant sucks & rhule lied directly to our faces about him seeing any consequences for his fumbling actions

Grant did have the best throw of the game on the toss back to the QB - no surprise that Sims has brick hands to go along with his immaculate ability to read defenses

Reactions: HuskerDana
Grant did have the best throw of the game on the toss back to the QB - no surprise that Sims has brick hands to go along with his immaculate ability to read defenses
It would have been interesting to know what Sims would have done had we not had a guy wide open in the endzone. Might have been interception number 4.

Wow factor?

Not in a positive way.

Average backs, recievers, OL (on a good day). Poor coaching decisions. QB- poor.
That is our offense.
Our only score was a pathetic trick play. I didn't see one player on offense that made me think we need to focus on him. Even Ervin has a weird running style. Nothing great about him and he might be our best offensive player.
For the record I said SOME wow factor and I agree very pedestrian, and I still think it comes back to the O line which is well below average run blocking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT