ADVERTISEMENT

Got woke up at 5am to drunk driver smashing into neighbor's cars.

themillerflip

Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2007
Weeping Water, Nebraska
I heard a racing car engine on our residential street, followed by a very loud crashing sound. My wife said "somebody smashed our car!!" I sprang out of bed and went outside, in my boxers, and heard the driver trying to repeatedly start his mangled car. I asked if he was alright and he mumbled / slurred something about just being tired.

Turns out it wasn't our car, but three of the neighbor's cars were damaged. The one that took the direct impact to the rear end was totaled and it had been thrown into the car parked in front of it and that car got thrown into the car in front of it. The second and third car belonged to the same family.

The young man driving the car then made his way to the trunk and started going through a backpack and threw a clear container full of weed into the tall grass, thinking he hadn't been noticed by several neighbors. Who had all filed out of their houses in the darkness to see what the heck happened.

Officers and ambulances arrived quickly and the kid was pretty cooperative. An officer found the weed in the grass and alcohol in the trunk. The kid said it was his girlfriend's car and that he had borrowed it to go to Burger King, which there are known within a couple miles of our house. The officer asked if he had the munchies from all the weed and he said "what weed?". Officer said, "the container of weed you threw down in the grass by your feet, that several witnesses saw. I can run prints on the container or you can admit it was yours and I won't make a big hot mess out of it". Kid said "Oh, ok, it was mine."

The police were on scene quickly as they had another call minutes before that to shots being fired in the area, followed by a car in the alley leaving the scene at a high rate of speed. We did not hear the shots, but only the racing care and collision.

In trying to find the girl, who may have left the accident scene as her purse and ID were in the car, her parents were contacted. The parents say she's been hanging out with the wrong crowd and they are none too happy. As daylight broke a car came down the street and neighbors saw a girl in the back seat who ducked down to the floor when the car went passed the crash scene.

Two cars were towed from the scene, the young man was taken away by the police and now the neighbor's have to deal with the insurance aspect of it all. One car destroyed was a lease vehicle, so I don't know how that will play out. All in all, a startling awakening at 5am and lots of concerned neighbor's. Fortunately the injuries to the kid were minor, but he's probably in some hot water.

GBR

Reactions: BushAK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News