ADVERTISEMENT

Got our Kicker

thats-a-bingo.gif

Here's what Alvano said:

"Just the relationship with the new staff really helped," Alvano said. "I think Coach Foley is a great recruiter ... and just the fact that we have a great relationship on the short time he's been on the job ... He's a good man. And I think Coach Rhule is a huge people's person. Really big on development, which as a recruit is huge to hear. A big selling point. All the people down there, all the assistant coaches, the personnel – they're just all great people. And they're very genuine. I think that's big and it really sold me and my parents when we were down there."

If he's even as good as he was in high school, we've got a great kicker. Lots of close games in the BIG. Huge get.

Hopefully we can pull some OL and DL prospects out of our hat late.

He was from Iowa.
Never knew where he actually was from, but with out question the first best kicker in Nebraska football history..

Back in those days most of the best in state Io_ay players went to Nebraska just like Van Brownson who’s from Shenandoah..

Reactions: 9and4
Mike Coyle, Dale Klein, Gregg Barrios, Alex Henery, Brett Maher, Sam Koch, Jesse Kosch, etc.

Great native Nebraskan placekickers and punters. I'm sure I'm missing several. Who you got?
Bill Bomberger from Columbus? Rich Sanger from Ovid, Colo., which might as well be western Nebraska?

Reactions: 9and4
Very Good & who is next, let's keep rolling!
Dave Schneider? Plattsmouth kid who was the 1984 starter until missing an XP at Missouri and being replaced by Scott Livingston from California. Dave had a nice FG vs Penn State in the Kickoff Classic.
Sutton's own Scott Gemar was the punter in 1980. Great practice kicker. Games not so much. Choked big time against Oklahoma that year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT