ADVERTISEMENT

Good call UNL

Hope this doesn't leave us with a particular lack of talent wanting to stay or come here. I doubt it affects much with many programs around the country cutting back on it all due to costs and all that. But players like to believe they're somewhere progressive, or at least not regressive. Guess we'll see over the coming years. Helps if we win on the damn field
Since DEI is regressive, this move sounds like it'll be bringing in more talent. Not leave us with a lack of talent.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
We had A DEI program/department where I work. The lectures were boring. You can’t bore People into behaving correctly.

That being said, I do not think it helps recruiting to get rid of a DEI program.

Reactions: BleedRed78
We had A DEI program/department where I work. The lectures were boring. You can’t bore People into behaving correctly.

That being said, I do not think it helps recruiting to get rid of a DEI program.
Wow what a shocker. This beta with high estrogen and man boobs is a fan of dei

• Haha
Reactions: HBK4life
I thought our DEI program was a waste of time. But that was just my opinion and it is not the point.

Do you think your average African-American athlete thinks better of a university that gets rid of its DEI program or worse?
Worse. DEI says a black football player should lose his job to an Indian woman. Not enough Indian women in college football

A while back, they had students scribble messages on T-shirts for some SA awareness thing. Not that I can recall the exact messages, but the general theme of it was not far removed from "All men are rapists." Was put on display at the UNO library for several weeks. For those that are sending boys off to school in this day and age, they're definitely fighting an uphill battle in terms of what experiences they'll face.

Hope this doesn't leave us with a particular lack of talent wanting to stay or come here. I doubt it affects much with many programs around the country cutting back on it all due to costs and all that. But players like to believe they're somewhere progressive, or at least not regressive. Guess we'll see over the coming years. Helps if we win on the damn field
My wife says she believes the staff will stay in place but they’ll just call it something else😕

A while back, they had students scribble messages on T-shirts for some SA awareness thing. Not that I can recall the exact messages, but the general theme of it was not far removed from "All men are rapists." Was put on display at the UNO library for several weeks. For those that are sending boys off to school in this day and age, they're definitely fighting an uphill battle in terms of what experiences they'll face.
And they wonder why so many 30 year old men are still living in mom and dad’s basement.

There are pads and pons in the men’s bathrooms at UNO

Can you find any statistics that show a DEI program helped recruiting on any scale? Without knowing, I'd say it helped very little, if at all. Just my opinion.

I thought our DEI program was a waste of time. But that was just my opinion and it is not the point.

Do you think your average African-American athlete thinks better of a university that gets rid of its DEI program or worse?
Do you think your average African-American athlete gives 2 shits?

NIL guy at school A without DEI program: we’d like to pay you $50,000 a year to play for us.

NIL guy at school B with DEI program: We’d like to pay you $20,000 a year to come play for us.

Guess which one he’s going to.

I also have a much higher opinion of African-American athletes, as I suspect the large majority of them know it is little more than a show. As if life at the non-DEI schools is so much more challenging.

Is don’t think the average black athlete is choosing a school on whether or not the process for hiring professors, maintenance, and administration positions, at a particular school, includes a DEI program.

Is don’t think the average black athlete is choosing a school on whether or not the process for hiring professors, maintenance, and administration positions, at a particular school, includes a DEI program.
I think DEI programs are a waste of time. They may just be a rebranding of an EEOC office, which is necessary.
I also think it’s gong to come up when an athlete is visiting other schools that we closed ours.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Do you think your average African-American athlete gives 2 shits?

NIL guy at school A without DEI program: we’d like to pay you $50,000 a year to play for us.

NIL guy at school B with DEI program: We’d like to pay you $20,000 a year to come play for us.

Guess which one he’s going to.

I also have a much higher opinion of African-American athletes, as I suspect the large majority of them know it is little more than a show. As if life at the non-DEI schools is so much more challenging.
JMHO, but do you think urban Meyer if he was still at Ohio State would bring up that UNL closed their DEI office if we were both recruiting the same athlete?

JMHO, but do you think urban Meyer if he was still at Ohio State would bring up that UNL closed their DEI office if we were both recruiting the same athlete?
And If they do? Do you know the point of the DEI propaganda? With the fan support, NIL, living arrangements, the facilities, how they eat and are treated, you think any athlete would for, 1/2 a second, be concerned about “equity” or feeling left out here? I sure hope any coach for this school would laugh hysterically if someone brought it up.

Reactions: RBigredMax
I think DEI programs are a waste of time. They may just be a rebranding of an EEOC office, which is necessary.
I also think it’s gong to come up when an athlete is visiting other schools that we closed ours.
Huge difference between EEOC where you are attempting to weed out blatant discrimination and DEI where you are hiring solely based on a quota or because the applicant is of a certain race, religion, sexual orientation or whatever.

In the banking world they used to redline certain districts and not give loans to people who lived in those areas. They created tracking that is designed to eliminate that practice (EEOC). As compared to requiring a bank to fund a majority of their loans to people who live in those areas (DEI).

If I were in the home mortgage arena, I would be more apt to work for the first example rather than the second.

The majority of profs and administrators who care about a DEI program are racist or LGBQT. The VAST majority of college profs and administrators HATE the DEI BS and would rather work in a setting where it isn’t crammed down their throats.

Huge difference between EEOC where you are attempting to weed out blatant discrimination and DEI where you are hiring solely based on a quota or because the applicant is of a certain race, religion, sexual orientation or whatever.

In the banking world they used to redline certain districts and not give loans to people who lived in those areas. They created tracking that is designed to eliminate that practice (EEOC). As compared to requiring a bank to fund a majority of their loans to people who live in those areas (DEI).

If I were in the home mortgage arena, I would be more apt to work for the first example rather than the second.
Agree. We used to have a DEI office. all I got out of it was a boring, zoom lecture, and some type of training module. They didn’t actually force me to hire a DEI applicant.
So I don’t really care about DEI departments. They waste our time on other things that are More vapid. Like fire safety training, blood-borne pathogen training, Etc. Useful the first time you take them, but the 20th time they kind of grow old

We're not the only ones eliminating it. I don't think athletes give a darn about it. They're more interested in NIL

Unfortunately it's imbedded in most professional curriculums and their national re-accreditation standards. The federal government is hiring and promoting unqualified people based on their race or sexual orientation. It's a mess. It's horrible affected our military readiness and competence at multiple critical government agencies.
This is VERY accurate

Worse. DEI says a black football player should lose his job to an Indian woman. Not enough Indian women in college football
Few people know the harm that DEI causes, it is Marxism at its core. It is a terminal cancer to every institution it touches. Take google as an example. They released their AI product to the marketplace despite an inability to depict white people in any image. It made George Washington black, the Vikings black, Nazis black and Asian. Anyone that works in software knows this had to come up in testing but it shows how google has been idealogically captured, they could not fix these issues because it would cause a storm within the company to recognize the problem. The issue was whatever the user asked the question was modified to incorporate DEI so if a user asked show me an image of George Washinton the prompt became show me a diverse image of George Washington which according to google means non-white. If you asked for an image of a white family it refused saying that would be racist but would comply if you asked for an image of a white family. DEI has run amok in corporations like google.

Few people know the harm that DEI causes, it is Marxism at its core. It is a terminal cancer to every institution it touches. Take google as an example. They released their AI product to the marketplace despite an inability to depict white people in any image. It made George Washington black, the Vikings black, Nazis black and Asian. Anyone that works in software knows this had to come up in testing but it shows how google has been idealogically captured, they could not fix these issues because it would cause a storm within the company to recognize the problem. The issue was whatever the user asked the question was modified to incorporate DEI so if a user asked show me an image of George Washinton the prompt became show me a diverse image of George Washington which according to google means non-white. If you asked for an image of a white family it refused saying that would be racist but would comply if you asked for an image of a white family. DEI has run amok in corporations like google.
Lol. How many pictures of a black George washington are there? I could find exactly one in my Google search. I'm pretty sure people would stop using Google if their answers were that blatantly wrong. What would even be the point of having a search engine?

Reactions: baseball31ne
Lol. How many pictures of a black George washington are there? I could find exactly one in my Google search. I'm pretty sure people would stop using Google if their answers were that blatantly wrong. What would even be the point of having a search engine?
He didn’t say Google search.. he said Google AI image generator. If you asked it to create an image it refused to use with white people

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT