ADVERTISEMENT

Frost expectations and time frame

Win5002

Jan 3, 2006
So what are Nebraska fans thoughts on:
1. How long it takes Frost to turn things around at Nebraska?

2. How patient will the fan base be and how long does Frost have to turn things around at Nebraska?

Riley and company took the program to new, dreadful lows. So luckily for Frost, he doesn’t have to do much in order to show improvement. So basically, because of how awful Riley was, Frost will be afforded plenty of time.

I personally think that Nebraska should be in the conference championship by year 4, if not year 3.

2. How patient will the fan base be and how long does Frost have to turn things around at Nebraska?

Whatever he needs

I think it will take three or four years before we see a big improvement. And the reason why hiring Frost was so critical at this juncture of Husker football history is that he has a unique support from the fan base no other coach would have gotten. The fans will be very, very patient with him. Heck, we gave that douche bag Pelini 7 years because he too was a popular hire. And Frost is even more popular. He will be afforded a very long leash

I think Frost is a homerun hire. Certainly the best we’ve had since TO. I think from just a player development standpoint we’ll see immediate improvement next season, but I think it will take 3-4 years for his system to really take root and for NU to be at a level where we’re consistently competing for the West Division and going to the BIG Championship game. I personally am on board with Frost for the long haul. Frost has more currency built up with the fan base than any previous coach in the past 20 years, so he’s going to be afforded plenty of time and patience. I live in KC so I don’t know the climate in Lincoln, but based on my conversations with other Husker fans, enthusiasm for the football program is at an enormous high with this hire, and we’re finally united as a fan base in a way that we haven’t been since TO retired.

I don't care how long it takes. I only care that the program has a upward trajectory, and that they look well coached.

jrt8Gp.png

Reactions: spacecoastknight
Riley and company took the program to new, dreadful lows. So luckily for Frost, he doesn’t have to do much in order to show improvement. So basically, because of how awful Riley was, Frost will be afforded plenty of time.

I personally think that Nebraska should be in the conference championship by year 4, if not year 3.

Very well said sir. Yeah, MR was so extremely inept it will help Frost get through next years brutal schedule without much grief.

Years two & three will be fun!!

He gets 4 years max if he doesn't win the West in that time IMO. I just think Nebraska fans see what he did at UCF and think he can do that right away at Nebraska. They will be too impatient wanting National Championships and will run him off

This depends on the definition of "to turn things around at Nebraska".

As mentioned by someone else in this thread, with a 4-8 record last year, we should see improvement this first year.

Would like we could be playing in the Big 10 Championship game by year 4 or 5. By then, it's Scott's program and Scott's recruits.

Again, what is the definition of Turn Things Around.

If the play shows improvement, I think the Fan Base gives him the full 7 years plus. The Fan Base knows they have to do their part to make this work.

If we are playing competitively by year 3-4, Scott will be at Nebraska for a long time.

Scott Frost is out Last Best Hope. After him...who is there? He will get enough time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT