ADVERTISEMENT

Frost and Phillips Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frost was in Phillips ex-girlfriend's apartment when Phillips beat her up.

Frost was in Phillips ex-girlfriend's apartment when Phillips beat her up.
Frost his RS year would screw around with Phillips girl on the away games when Phillips would be giving it all for this school, Total BL. This is the biggest reason he is not a real popular choice with everyone.

I remember reading in the past regarding Phillips and Frost getting into it back in the mid 90s. Does someone know of this? Just curious.

There's a thing called Google to check it out. Very well documented with the Phillips/McKewen incident. They weren't dating any longer given their issues the previous year. TO told Phillips to stay way from her. Phillips got a call from a girl in the middle of the night to let him know where Kate was and the fuse was lit. Not the best choice made by Frost but he was a 20 year old college kid.

• It was 1995 when Nebraska had one of the greatest assemblages of talent in college football history with Phillips as the featured I-back in Osborne’s vaunted option offense. But early in the season, Phillips was arrested after he broke into an apartment and brutally dragged his ex-girlfriend down three flights of stairs by the hair and rammed her head into a mailbox.

It was the apartment of current UCF football coach Scott Frost, who then was a sophomore quarterback for the Cornhuskers. Osborne had warned Frost not to get involved with Phillips’ former girlfriend.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...awrence-phillips-mike-bianchi-0824-story.html

Frost dragged Blount off the field at Oregon when he had a total melt down in a game - I don't buy the "hiding in the closet" story.

legarrette-blount-restrained.jpg

Reactions: spinner4
Frost his RS year would screw around with Phillips girl on the away games when Phillips would be giving it all for this school, Total BL. This is the biggest reason he is not a real popular choice with everyone.
It was my understanding that LP & his gf had broken up. Someone alerted LP that she was with someone else when he returned from I believe Mich State game and LP went to the apartment, draged her down the stairs and attempted to put her in a mail box

After seeing this mentioned in prior posts, I noted it my pros and cons of hiring Frost under the bullet point: Would he toughen up this team? One poster reacted like I had accused Frost of murder. Hardly true.

I am old enough to remember the story. Frost was not playing at the time — redshirting I believe.
After hearing about this incident I remember thinking it was pretty cowardly and also thinking if it had happened to our starting qb at the time, Frazier, the incident would have had a much different outcome. So does Frost’s failure to try to protect a young woman under his roof being assaulted have any relevance now? I’ll ask a different question and you decide. Frost was probably 20 or 21 at the time. If it was your sister or daughter being assaulted in Frost’s apartment, would you say his failure to act speaks to his character, if not his toughness, even if the assault happened 20+ years ago?

Reactions: Robert0122
We know very little about went on. Maybe SF was intoxicated? Anyhow if this whole thread is to try and put any doubts of his manhood, I dare you to approach him to his face. That dude is rather large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT