ADVERTISEMENT

Friday: Nebraska vs. Michigan (Huskers lose 10-6)

Great job on the audio, Huskers.com. Nothing but a garbled mess.

Bottom 1st

King gets the start and he starts off with the good Ole Nebraska Leadoff walk followed by a single past SS. Fly out to CF but the runner tags and heads to 3rd to put runners at the corners. WP scores a run while the other moves to 2nd. A passed ball moves the runner to 3rd. Flair single to LF scores another run. The runner is then thrown out at 2nd to end the inning.

Bottom 2nd

One out bunt single followed by a walk. RBI single up the middle. Followed by a 4 pitch walk to load the bases. 2 RBI single up the middle. Silva doesn't seem to understand when a pitcher isn't going to help your team, then again who do you put in? Fly out to CF. fly out to end the inning.

Yeah..well this is only Erstads 5th year. He hasn't had enough time to recruit.
As a former D1 pitcher it baffles me that King and his mid 80's FB is the guy you trot out on a Friday night in a pivotal B10 series. I'm not sold on Erstad. Don't get me wrong he knows baseball, and might be a good teacher but as a motivator he's not good and his teams play reflects

Reactions: keithleyb
Top 4th

Leadoff walk for Miller, Schreiber with an infield single to 3rd. Meyers walks to load the bases. Luis hits into a 4-6-3 DP but Miller scores, Schreiber to 3rd. Fish is HBP. Rev flies out to RF

As a former D1 pitcher it baffles me that King and his mid 80's FB is the guy you trot out on a Friday night in a pivotal B10 series. I'm not sold on Erstad. Don't get me wrong he knows baseball, and might be a good teacher but as a motivator he's not good and his teams play reflects
But he loves NU...and will stay here for a long time. That's what was most important according to our previous AD. The longevity part would be great if we didn't have a mediocre head man running the show. But he talks a good game, this offseason will be full of CWS talk.

Bottom 4th

Leadoff single to RF. Next batter walks. A SAC bunt opportunity but the runner is safe and loads the bases because of an E3. 2 RBI double for Michigan, runners on 2nd and 3rd. King is out of the game. Apparently we needed him to pitch to one of the best hitters in the conference first to assure his spirits are crushed the rest of the year. Robbie Palkert now in to pitch. Next batter pops up to 2nd. Next batter grounds out to SS but a run does score on the play. Ground out to 2nd ends the inning.

Bottom 5th

Leadoff single to LF. The next batter K's. Strike em out throw em out double play

Top 6th

Leadoff double for Miller. Schreiber flies out to RF and Ben advances to 3rd. Miller then scores on a passed ball. Meyers with a single to RF. Luis follows with a single to LF. Both runners advance on a WP. Fish walks on four pitches. Rev grounds out to 1st but Meyers does score, runners on 2nd and 3rd. Klemke walks the bases loaded. Boldt flies out to LF

Top 6th

Leadoff double for Miller. Schreiber flies out to RF and Ben advances to 3rd. Miller then scores on a passed ball. Meyers with a single to RF. Luis follows with a single to LF. Both runners advance on a WP. Fish walks on four pitches. Rev grounds out to 1st but Meyers does score, runners on 2nd and 3rd. Klemke walks the bases loaded. Boldt flies out to LF

This team just can't get the BIG hit.....

Top 7th

Leadoff walk for Placzek. Miller K's. Schreiber flies out. Meyers grounds out.

Bottom 7th

Leadoff walk. Groundout to 3rd, runner moves to 2nd. Runner moves to 3rd on a WP. Groundout to 1st, runner holds at 3rd. Runner scores on a WP. Wasn't paying attention but they got the last out to get out of the inning.

If there ever was a game to take the air out of the hopes of a die hard optimist like me, this game was the one. So much fail in this game.

If there ever was a game to take the air out of the hopes of a die hard optimist like me, this game was the one. So much fail in this game.

It's about the time they win a 10-9 game tomorrow just to give us hope and get destroyed on Sunday. Love being a Husker Baseball Fan!!! :mad::D:(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT